sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I didn't think Nintendo could be so lazy, I thought they would take pride in taking part in the development and completion of creating super mario galaxy. But no, they were lazy.

Early on where you get the beesuit, if Mario is hidden behind an object you see his shadow to guide you where he is, however, while wearing the beesuit the shadow corresponds to the big fat plumber's normal out fit, complete with dungarees and mario hat.

Now I don't know who allowed the game to get through quality control, but that's a darn sight lazy isn't?

I know, not the end of the world anything, but this shows Nintendo are slipping in their standards, which were high once upon a time.

Are there any other quirks like this in SMG?

D

Deleted User

Even though it's a flaw I don't think it's making the game less fun, so--as metroid_phobia already said--who cares?!
smile.gif

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shadows have always irked me. I mean, the Gamecube has some of the worst shadows I've ever seen. Big black Lego blocks a shadow is not.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In BioShock on the 360 you have no shadow nor any legs, how shit is that!
It appears to be a "flaw" in the Unreal Engine, I believe you can only have static shadows like in the Unreal Engine 2.

In Crysis you have a shadow when in stealth mode and your enemy can't see it.

Shadows are very difficult to do.

r1cky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Picking on shadows is like judging a game by the quality of the water texture.

It matters to very few but it does (sometimes) say a lot of things about games.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought it was done on purpose? I mean you see an outline of the real Mario when the camera and Mario have something in between. I mean technically you shouldn't see him at all, and you imagine that hes there using his original form. So it makes sense for me.

Infinitus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought it was done on purpose? I mean you see an outline of the real Mario when the camera and Mario have something in between. I mean technically you shouldn't see him at all, and you imagine that hes there using his original form. So it makes sense for me.

+1 agree.

Mario had no FLUDD when underground in Sunshine...

Yoshi appeared as a question mark in Sunshine when hidden, so... XD

crystal107

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
I never noticed it @_@ bugs happen, even if you try your best to check things. this game is pretty long, a little bug like that shouldn't be that much of a problem.

Shinster

Trophies
XP
Country
It's not even a shadow. It's a representation to show that mario is behind something and something is blocking the camera view. How could a shadow go through solid things? The designers could've placed an icon there for the same purpose.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 🫂