ROM Hack LayeredFS modding Final Fantasy VII

SephirothPlayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I wanted to mod Final Fantasy VII using LayeredFS. I actually want only to replace 1 file (kernel.bin). However when I place kernel.bin in the correct folder structure it does not work. However when I downloaded NT mod for Final Fantasy VII that uses LayeredFS it worked. So using whole mod works but replacing single file does not? WTF is wrong with it?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I wanted to mod Final Fantasy VII using LayeredFS. I actually want only to replace 1 file (kernel.bin). However when I place kernel.bin in the correct folder structure it does not work. However when I downloaded NT mod for Final Fantasy VII that uses LayeredFS it worked. So using whole mod works but replacing single file does not? WTF is wrong with it?
I think you are expecting something to work in a way that it doesn't. What you want to achieve?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm asking because not everything from kernel is used. VII newest version is a coding mess.
Delete titleid folder, put kernel.bin again to new titleid fresh folder, run game, close it and check if in titleid folder is romfs_metadata.bin
If it's there, layeredfs is working. So either issue is with file itself or you put file to wrong folder.

SephirothPlayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
File romfs_metadata.bin always gets created. File works fine with both PC and PS1 version and it is impossible to put it in wrong folder.

SephirothPlayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
PS1 definitely. PC not so much. It is based on PC version (probably newer). But no matter what version it is (if it is PS1 or old PC or new PC) kernel.bin always the same.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
PS1 definitely. PC not so much. It is based on PC version (probably newer). But no matter what version it is (if it is PS1 or old PC or new PC) kernel.bin always the same.
File may be the same, but I am saying that game itself may not use all of is parts in newer release in favor of some hardcoded functions or different file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: