ROM Hack Launching micro SD management as a standalone app?

NicEXE

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
I've seen people around here launching micro SD management on O3DS without the need to launch the settings. Does exiting micro SD management force a restart (kicks you out of emunand)?

Also can this be done on N3DS? Using micro SD management without having to swap cartridges each time your done (in order to boot into emunand) would be a great convenience.

Necrojinsei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might be talking about FTP servers. This is a way that the 3DS can connect to your computer over wifi, allowing you to edit the files wirelessly while the system is still within emuNAND. I suggest you search for FTPony, or FTBrony (or any slue of other apps). They are just some of the ones people have made for standard use, and come in CIA form so you can easily access them on the fly. If you are talking about some other means to editing them then I don't quite know, but I hope you find what you are looking for.

NicEXE

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
You might be talking about FTP servers. This is a way that the 3DS can connect to your computer over wifi, allowing you to edit the files wirelessly while the system is still within emuNAND. I suggest you search for FTPony, or FTBrony (or any slue of other apps). They are just some of the ones people have made for standard use, and come in CIA form so you can easily access them on the fly. If you are talking about some other means to editing them then I don't quite know, but I hope you find what you are looking for.
I know about both FTPony and FTBrony. I even used them for a while on my O3DS but I eventually gave up and just used my SD card directly on my computer. The problem with those homebrew FTP servers is that the transfer speeds are super-slow.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I know about both FTPony and FTBrony. I even used them for a while on my O3DS but I eventually gave up and just used my SD card directly on my computer. The problem with those homebrew FTP servers is that the transfer speeds are super-slow.
That's a problem with the O3DS, not with the homebrew specifically, n3DS has faster transfer speeds which is why the microSD management is viable, as well as eShop downloads being faster.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It works without major issues on the original 3DS (there's only a warning after you exit it and it crashes if you close it via Power button).
Transfer speeds are way better than FTP homebrew (from 700kb/s to 1MB/s).

NicEXE

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
That's a problem with the O3DS, not with the homebrew specifically, n3DS has faster transfer speeds which is why the microSD management is viable, as well as eShop downloads being faster.
I am getting 131KB/s on my N3DSXL with FTBrony, now if this isn't a slow transfer speed, I don't know what is.

(I already know that FTPony is slightly faster)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I am getting 131KB/s on my N3DSXL with FTBrony, now if this isn't a slow transfer speed, I don't know what is.

(I already know that FTPony is slightly faster)
Well, they aren't programmed to take advantage of the n3DS' improved specs, that might be why. I don't really know anything about those apps, but I'm sure the speed could be improved somehow.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, they aren't programmed to take advantage of the n3DS' improved specs, that might be why. I don't really know anything about those apps, but I'm sure the speed could be improved somehow.
Yeah, but the FTP homebrews are just slow. I got those speeds I mentioned on the original 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo