Launch Day Purchases

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by bigpaws, Mar 19, 2011.

Mar 19, 2011

Launch Day Purchases by bigpaws at 10:53 PM (5,653 Views / 0 Likes) 84 replies

1. bigpaws
    OP

Member bigpaws Cat with da Big Paws!

United States
    I am curious.
    Which color are you getting on launch, which games on launch, and what assesories on launch?
    And maybe an explanation
    we can help other people make decisions.

I know im getting the Aqua blue 3ds because it is seems like the more exiting and original color as well as I like blue.
    All systems are black, this blue color scheme with the gradiant is original.
    I am getting SSFIV 3D because it is just like the console versions and I loved the demo on the ps3 so I know it will be awesome.(I dont own a ps3, 360, or wii.
    The only assesory i am getting is the extended battery for $20 if they have it at the Gamestop.

How about You?

2. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    I'm getting the Cosmo Black 3DS, and I'm not sure about buying any games with it... yet. I may think of getting Pilot Wings, but I can't be too sure.

I pre-ordered a case for my new 3DS on Amazon. It's this.

3. Zarxrax

Member Zarxrax GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm getting the black, but kind of wishing I had preordered the blue instead.

I guess I'll probably get Samurai Warriors.
    I had been wanting Dead or Alive, but since its not going to be a launch game apparently, Samurai warriors seems like the next best thing. I have never played any of the games in the series, so I have no idea what to expect with it. I hear the replay value is pretty good though.

4. The Real Jdbye

Member The Real Jdbye D:

Norway
    Preordered:
    - Blue 3DS
    - Rayman 3D
    - Ridge Racer 3D
    - Nintendogs & Cats
    I don't really care much for any of the launch games, so I wasn't sure whether to preorder a 3DS or wait until Zelda and Kid Icarus or something else equally awesome is released, but I figured I still want to try out the 3DS and it's capabilities so I should get a few of the launch games.
    The store I ordered from didn't have any accessories, gotta get those later I guess.

5. Xuphor

Banned Xuphor I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.

United States
    Aqua Blue 3DS, I have not seen either in person yet, but it seems everyone that does thinks the Aqua Blue looks better. It's also the first console Nintendo has ever made that isn't monotone.

The game I'll get is Rayman 3D, and if I can get another $40 (Unlikely), I'll get Raving Rabbids as well shortly after launch. Rayman 3D because I've never played Rayman 2, it's actually developed by UBI, unlike the crappy DS version, and it's a 3D platforming game, so it'll be very nice to test exactly how well true 3D helps platforming. The Rabbids game because it's a 2D-Side scrolling game (Not a party game as it was on Wii), and Nintendo Power says it plays a lot like Yoshi's Island for SNES.

Accessory wise, I'll probably get this thing: http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/acces...rip-black/90586 If I can't get the $40 for Rabbids when it comes out. It will protect the 3DS, doesn't ever need to come off, and improves your grip on the 3DS.

6. Ryosin

Newcomer Ryosin Newbie

United States
    Getting an Aqua Blue for the sake of keeping my blue(ish) GB/GBA/DS streak going.
    As for games, SSFIV. Never got it on any other platform, but I have the original SF4 for PC. Might as well get it for this and play with a few friends.

7. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    Cosmo Black, no games yet (it comes packed with loads of features, so I'm good for a while) and an accessory pack for free because I preordered it.

8. Ron

Member Ron somehow a weeb now.

Canada
    Cosmo Black at Toys R' Us with Pilotwings Resort and Samurai Warriors Chronicles

9. Jan1tor

Member Jan1tor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I pre-ordered the blue one with Rayman 3d and Ridge Racer 3d.
    My son pre-ordered the black one with Pilot wings and Bust a move.
    I'll buy streetfighter and probably another game on launch day.

10. HaloBenish

Member HaloBenish GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Black, Pilotwings and Street Fighter. It's all paid off so I can't get away from the sea of nerds (that I will be part of) as fast as possible on launch day.

11. haddad

Member haddad GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    I just pre-ordered the Aqua Blue 3DS from Best Buy, dident buy any games yet, I was gonna go on launch when I go pick it up to buy with same games

12. princefarzan

Member princefarzan GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Pre-ordered cosmo black (paid in full [​IMG] ) from EB Games, also getting SSF4 on launch day because I love street fighter!

13. dgwillia

Member dgwillia The Bacon Lover

United States
    Cosmo Black, and right now looks just like SSF4 and Samurai Warriors. I was considering Ridge Racer until i heard it didnt have online. Considering either getting Bust a Move or Pilot Wings as a 3rd game.

14. kingofgamesgx

Member kingofgamesgx Hitokiri Battousai

United States
    Pre ordered Black 3DS,and SSFIV paid in full at GS,and might pick up a case or game from bestbuy (i got reward points to spend $40 worth)

15. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Cosmo Black, but at this point in time it looks like I won't be able to get any games on launch day, but if I can, SSFIV, Samurai Warriors Chronicle, and/or Pilotwings.

16. Dylan

Member Dylan 100 MILES AND RUNNIN'

Australia
    Cosmo black cause I think it looks sleek, the blue makes it look like more of a children's toy kind deal if you ask me.

I can't afford a 3DS game for a while but I think I will be getting the new pokemon cause i'd rather play that than any of the 3DS titles right now anyway.

17. bigpaws
    OP

Member bigpaws Cat with da Big Paws!

United States
    I see very few are getting blue
    based on polls and stuff
    does this mean mast people will have black, making an oversupply of blue and under supply on black?

i think SSFIV 3D will be the most popular launch with nintendogs or ridge racer

18. epicCreations.or

Member epicCreations.or GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Probably... Nintendogs+cats (Toy Poodle lulz) and (DoA:D or SSFIV). I can't decide between the two. Do I go for superior graphics (and tits), or do I go for classic Street Fighter? I played SSFIV on the iPod and wasn't impressed, so why should I be impressed with crappy 3D added? :sigh:

Oh, also, I reserved the black 3DS, I'll be getting a starter kit (screen protectors), and I'm getting that reversible pouch from Club Ninty in the mail.

19. ihackedit

Member ihackedit GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I'm sadly not getting it on launch and it will be a while before I get it, but I plan on gettings Black [​IMG]
    And zelda and pokemopn and the good games [​IMG]

20. findonovan95

Newcomer findonovan95 Member

United Kingdom
    Aqua Blue already pre-ordered because I've never been a fan of the darker colors, I always pick the brighter color.
    I'll be getting Lego Star Wars III because I LOVE Lego Games! I at the moment cannot decide whether to get the power pak+ because it's not in aqua blue(if it is please tell me, and where!!).
    Finally, I'll be getting a starter kit(screen savers, replace stylus, headset e.t.c) because I'm really bad at losing that stuff.
    Hope this helps! [​IMG]