Emulation Latest Emulator Updates

tehtemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For anyone that was hoping to make their own vWii homebrew forwarders but can't figure it out, I finally got it and put everything together in a simple to follow guide here. I hope this helps some of you :)
Thanks Trudes. Appreciate the guide!

For those that are lazy (like me), I'd much prefer that someone post their existing vWii forwarder injects :D

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@tehtemp @Sowden

Try using this Wii U WiiVC inject of my new compiled forwarder of Genesis Plus GX when you get a chance.
Now it should load correctly the boot.dol of both paths without that stupid DSI exception / code dump.

It points to sd:/apps/genplus-gx/boot.dol and sd:/apps/genplusgx/boot.dol

https://mega.nz/folder/g09VSYLK#3lmFa8KpSqjsjh08oWX0Ug
(yup, it's the same folder link, but it has the updated files)

The icon & banner i've designed from some images for this WiiVC inject for Wii U:

View attachment 315198

View attachment 315197

Hope this works ;)

Same ID, keeps conflicting with mgba forwarder :(

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
trudes, the problem is not finding v-WII forwarders, there are thousaaaands on the web, the problem is finding WiiU forwarders:
Some of them don't activate the wiiU Gamepad or Gamepad PRO/don't work on ios58/conflict with others forwarders/conflict with 50_hbl_installer.RPX or simply are not available to find on Gbatemp :cry:
Also there are long for non advanced users to do you got to read and quitedifficult to do without the minimum knowledge

Last edited by mrmagicm,
Reactions: SaulFabre

Trudes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trudes, the problem is not finding VWII forwarders, there are thousaaaands on the web, the problem is finding WiiU forwarders:
Some of them don't activate the wiiU Gamepad or Gamepad PRO/don't work on ios58/conflict with others forwarders/conflict with 50_hbl_installer.RPX or simply are not available to find on Gbatemp :cry:
Also there are long for non advanced users to do you got to read and quitedifficult to do without the minimum knowledge

It’s pretty easy to make a forwarder for any Wii U homebrew that is executed with a .elf file. You just use Haxchi as the base and edit it’s config, there’s a whole thread about that somewhere.

As far as making forwarders for .rpx homebrew and whatever else, you’re right, there is unfortunately no pointers I’ve found anywhere yet explaining how that’s done. It is possible because they exist, and I know @cucholix made one for PPSSPP which is a .rpx, they say they used hbl2hbc as a base somehow, but that is all I know.

I think the best bet for making a forwarder for Wii U .rpx homebrew is learning what cucholix did with the hbl2hbc base and replicating that process for something else. Hopefully someone figures out how to do that or cucholix is able to shine some light on the matter.

Willicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are the emus listed in the OP compatible with Tiramisu?

I've used TeconMoon's WiiVC injector to get a couple of GameCube games running from the Wii U menu. All good so far, except once I'm in the game there's no way to back out to the Wii U menu (unless I opt to use the gamepad as a controller, which I don't want to do). I've made a new topic about that (can't link yet because I'm new).

So, I'm kinda hoping there's a better way to run GameCube games that can:

a) be launched from the Wii U menu or from within an emulator's interface
b) allow access to the Wii U menu once in the game

Can anyone recommend any of these emus that will work with Tiramisu in this way?

danny19901

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry guys been mega busy for a good while also I'm back I have more content coming soon I have been working on a few other things which due to reasons though I can't post here
I do have
SM64 PC port
SOH (Ship of Hanikan ZOOT)
Them 2 games were reverse engineered
I also have GTA3 & GTAVC reverse engineered versions before they got removed
As these are fully fledged games I can't post links here however drop me a message if interested in any of these

Emulator updates
Will be coming soon as I'm very limited on spare time if there is anyone here is interested in being credited and can do some icons & Banners for each Emulator if multiple. People drop a icon and banner in will happily give credits and choose a person per emulator

If you want to do this I want to go very minimal as possible for the icons and banners but we can see what gets made.

Also won't be available tomorrow as daughter's 3rd birthday 11th July

Sent from my 2201122G using Tapatalk

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi Danny! I'm interested by update from you! could you create a Wup Channel for Snes9XGX load the DOL on the wiii side but offers WIIU gamepad/gamepad pro/Wiimote support?
Could you regroup with other (saulfabre) all the wiiU forwarders that have been made with this option that load latest emus placed on Sd??
Can even find FceuGX Wup/ Genesis GX link with gamepad support for example.....(yours was work, but it's not the latest that uses IOS35)
Anyone know if a hbl2hbc version that give wiiu gamepad/all others+ios35+SD drivers support to the program it launch (if compatible) exists somewhere? Example: If I launch GXGEO with it, gamepad will work but also, i'll be able to launch games from a SDHX card (big size sd).

Last edited by mrmagicm,

danny19901

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
3 Emulator Updates for testing more to come
https://mega.nz/folder/J9VFSQrb#trHxyEKITkxaspLTwacWvw/folder/Fs1mjKYb

Latest MGBA, SNES9Xrx, Wiisxrx also more will be to come and will be found in this link, Niuus deserves credit for most of this though

MGBA has a new Icon and Banner I made also let me know of thoughts on this I will be testing these later today

danny19901

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Danny! I'm interested by update from you! could you create a Wup Channel for Snes9XGX load the DOL on the wiii side but offers WIIU gamepad/gamepad pro/Wiimote support?
Could you regroup with other (saulfabre) all the wiiU forwarders that have been made with this option that load latest emus placed on Sd??
Can even find FceuGX Wup/ Genesis GX link with gamepad support for example.....(yours was work, but it's not the latest that uses IOS35)
Anyone know if a hbl2hbc version that give wiiu gamepad/all others+ios35+SD drivers support to the program it launch (if compatible) exists somewhere? Example: If I launch GXGEO with it, gamepad will work but also, i'll be able to launch games from a SDHX card (big size sd).
Im unsure why your having issues loading games from SDHX I have a 256GB and seems fine I mean i could look into this but im sure roms and stuff need to be placed somewhere different or try chosing rom directory from the emulator but should work fine

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Im unsure why your having issues loading games from SDHX I have a 256GB and seems fine
Let me precise: with my wiius, I can read 256GB usb sd Cards too, but these cards are not read in "certains" programs, for example: Gxgeo, I know there is others....Of course, there is Retroarch for Neogeo emulation now, but Gxgeo works perfectly when roms are on a smaller Sd, so I suppose loading GXgeo with a forwarder that make work Sdhx would make work Gxgeo with it "maybe"....

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Let me precise: with my wiius, I can read 256GB usb sd Cards too, but these cards are not read in "certains" programs
It's probably not the size of the card but wrong cluster size or label:
Notice Your SD Card will need to be formatted as FAT32. If your SD Card is not formatted to FAT32, use GUIFormat with 32k (32768) allocation unit size to format it.
Do not label the SD Card as wiiu or it will cause issues with homebrew.
(Source: https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/tiramisu/sd-preparation - and that's why you should follow the official guide only)

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
After Tests:
MGBA Forwarders....works 100%
Wiisxrx forwarders....Works 95% beacause in games , with the gamepad, but the PADDLE doesn't work (maybe it's due to WIISXRX, can someone Confirm please and FIX it?)
I've used GUIFormat with 32k (32768), My 256 GB SD works perfect in my wiius except with "gxgeo" that doesn't support big Sd card above 256GB I think when I tries to launch roms.
In my FCE ULTRA GX forwarder I use, it's the PADDLE that works in NES game, but the CROSS doesn't work.....Can someone confirm if it's a forwarder bug and fix it, or a FCE ULTRA GX miss?

[SIZE=4][B]V10lator:[/B][/SIZE] Does Gxgeo works with your 256Gb or 512 GB card please?

Last edited by mrmagicm,

danny19901

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry everyone due to recent health problems everything will be delayed I'm waiting on operation date in the meantime I will try and get new content out but not making any promises or ETA's of when it will happen

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's NICE tehtemp....But if noone give information with what doesn't work with those Forwarder like I Did, and if it's the same for all, it doesn't make things advance.....
Still waiting for many Forwarders to be corrected and some to be created like Visual Boy Advance GX or WII64 be capable to go on an SD Card directory to load roms instead of "having" to put them in SD\WII64\roms

tehtemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What information do you need? The forwarders are created using existing tools and tutorials. There's not much else that can be done unless there is a bug in the tools like Teconmoon or with the homebrew app.

AdamCatalyst

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry everyone due to recent health problems everything will be delayed I'm waiting on operation date in the meantime I will try and get new content out but not making any promises or ETA's of when it will happen

I'm so sorry to hear this. Best wishes to you IRL.

If you still want / need title screens and icons, please let me know. I'd be up for doing them as a clean, simple, matched set as you go.

Reactions: danny19901

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.