Emulation Latest Emulator Updates

JustinJustin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Waiting on Dev with images he's gonna do logo etc... So it's more appealing to the eye hopefully soon though or I can do a build tomorrow at some point but logo and banner won't be that good

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Sounds good. I am looking forward to it. Hope you are keeping healthy and safe.

danny19901

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds good. I am looking forward to it. Hope you are keeping healthy and safe.
Yeah I'm good thanks been self isolating I have to do for 12 weeks lol but got an Xbox one X yesterday to pass boredom but I will be doing other Emulators and stuff soon for Wii U I will be keeping on updating them but I'm a single parent so it's just finding time to do so

Also hope everyone else is all well and all stay safe and enjoy the little things in life

Reactions: JustinJustin

JustinJustin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@danny19901 Just noticing a conflict. When installing the new channel for FCE, it copies over Snes9x. When the Snes9x is uploaded/ created, can we make sure they each are using different TitleID's? Thanks again for your hard work.

Last edited by JustinJustin,

makination

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
https://mega.nz/#F!J9VFSQrb!trHxyEKITkxaspLTwacWvw
A few New Emulators and more to come later let me know if link takes to the folder there's a few in here FCEUltraRX is added
Wii 64 With Texture Support is also added
Next up latest Snes9xRx please keep checking the folder for updates and will also update 1st page of thread

I'll try Wii64 tomorrow... How to apply the HD textures?

Last edited by makination,

makination

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
https://mega.nz/#F!J9VFSQrb!trHxyEKITkxaspLTwacWvw
A few New Emulators and more to come later let me know if link takes to the folder there's a few in here FCEUltraRX is added
Wii 64 With Texture Support is also added
Next up latest Snes9xRx please keep checking the folder for updates and will also update 1st page of thread
Call me noob. But i can't run Wii64 Tex Edition. Installation was OK via WUP Installer inside the nand, the Mario banner appears on my console, but it crashes when i'm trying to run it. I always run all the homebrew with Mocha CFW without problems.
I've got the normal version of Wii64 installed () i don't know if that is the problem or maybe you or anybody know what i can do for test and enjoy that version.
Many thanks!

Last edited by makination,

danny19901

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Call me noob. But i can't run Wii64 Tex Edition. Installation was OK via WUP Installer inside the nand, the Mario banner appears on my console, but it crashes when i'm trying to run it. I always run all the homebrew with Mocha CFW without problems.
I've got the normal version of Wii64 installed () i don't know if that is the problem or maybe you or anybody know what i can do for test and enjoy that version.
Many thanks!
It was test build I couldn't test I also got another report of it not working mate sorry inconvenience

danny19901

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@danny19901 Just noticing a conflict. When installing the new channel for FCE, it copies over Snes9x. When the Snes9x is uploaded/ created, can we make sure they each are using different TitleID's? Thanks again for your hard work.
I wasn't aware it's the title id I had from the .dol I'm glad you noticed I will do a more fixed builds soon no ETA though but sorry for inconvenience

JustinJustin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wasn't aware it's the title id I had from the .dol I'm glad you noticed I will do a more fixed builds soon no ETA though but sorry for inconvenience

No worries at all. We all have nothing but time. I'll just launch through vWii for now.

danny19901

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Amazing stuff! Do you think this patch can be run automatically when running Mocha?
What you mean mate if your running mocha it should work but for anything for Wii U I highly recommend CBHC

Also there will be a load of new stuff coming in next few weeks I just invested in on a pc I'm gonna be making my own logo's & Banners for each thing I make and I will fully revamp this thread all content will be all in one place

I just need to know if people would want me to just reupload each build and overwrite the old build in download section or would you want each build available?

I have big ideas for my projects issue I have with the pc I have at the moment is I need a HDD for it and a GPU but other than that it's a perfect build I have a HDD on way and currently borrowing one I need to install a OS to it all 1st and I may start doing my own Emulator builds with a few cherry picked features from other builds and hopefully get custom texture packs working on Wii U I'm new to this and don't have a Wii U at present moment so I will be needing a few testers

Reactions: jacobsson

jacobsson

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
What you mean mate if your running mocha it should work but for anything for Wii U I highly recommend CBHC

Also there will be a load of new stuff coming in next few weeks I just invested in on a pc I'm gonna be making my own logo's & Banners for each thing I make and I will fully revamp this thread all content will be all in one place

I just need to know if people would want me to just reupload each build and overwrite the old build in download section or would you want each build available?

I have big ideas for my projects issue I have with the pc I have at the moment is I need a HDD for it and a GPU but other than that it's a perfect build I have a HDD on way and currently borrowing one I need to install a OS to it all 1st and I may start doing my own Emulator builds with a few cherry picked features from other builds and hopefully get custom texture packs working on Wii U I'm new to this and don't have a Wii U at present moment so I will be needing a few testers

Damn, custom configured emulators, that's a whole new level!
I think keeping the old builds in case of regression would probably be good. You could upload them in an archive maybe?

What I meant by "automatically" was that it as soon as I'd run mocha it would also patch the overclock in the same chain (instead of running a channel), this so you wouldn't have to run the patch every time mocha is rebooted (I hope that makes sense?).

On a side note: One thing I haven't really understood is: this only overclocks the vWii, how does it compare to the WiiU injects in terms of performance? (which I assume is unchanged on the WiiU side of things)

I'd love to provide some testing for you during future development whenever I have time!

Thanks for sharing your work!

Last edited by jacobsson,

danny19901

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn, custom configured emulators, that's a whole new level!
I think keeping the old builds in case of regression would probably be good. You could upload them in an archive maybe?

What I meant by "automatically" was that it as soon as I'd run mocha it would also patch the overclock in the same chain (instead of running a channel), this so you wouldn't have to run the patch every time mocha is rebooted (I hope that makes sense?).

On a side note: One thing I haven't really understood is: this only overclocks the vWii, how does it compare to the WiiU injects in terms of performance? (which I assume is unchanged on the WiiU side of things)

I'd love to provide some testing for you during future development whenever I have time!

Thanks for sharing your work!
Ah ok mate yeah there's no possible way to run overclock automatically when using mocha because overclock patch can also cause issues when launching other stuff as well

jacobsson

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Ah ok mate yeah there's no possible way to run overclock automatically when using mocha because overclock patch can also cause issues when launching other stuff as well

Oh I see! In theory: maybe the inject tool could be modded to incorporate the overclock for the injects?

What would you say is the main advantages of the overclocked vWii vs WiiU injects?

danny19901

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh I see! In theory: maybe the inject tool could be modded to incorporate the overclock for the injects?

What would you say is the main advantages of the overclocked vWii vs WiiU injects?
Overclocked vWii Emulators benefit a lot as they don't use Wii specs they end up using Wii U cores and stuff it benefits from the speed and cores more games run better specially in N64 and some SNES games run better

vWii can only be overclocked by injects

Last edited by danny19901,

jacobsson

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Overclocked vWii Emulators benefit a lot as they don't use Wii specs they end up using Wii U cores and stuff it benefits from the speed and cores more games run better specially in N64 and some SNES games run better

vWii can only be overclocked by injects

Firstly, I really appreciate your reply, please bear with me :)
I've been mostly active in the PS3 scene and just started looking into homebrew related development for the WiiU scene, hence my lack of knowledge regarding the WiiU vs vWii side of things.

Is there a thread or documentation that you recommend me reading to get a better understanding the differences between these injection methods?

danny19901

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Firstly, I really appreciate your reply, please bear with me :)
I've been mostly active in the PS3 scene and just started looking into homebrew related development for the WiiU scene, hence my lack of knowledge regarding the WiiU vs vWii side of things.

Is there a thread or documentation that you recommend me reading to get a better understanding the differences between these injection methods?
vWii is just a virtual Wii but because it's virtual it has some limitations such as emulations and stuff may not work properly unless they were patched for vWii

Injects however can bypass a few of the elements of vWii as vWii is limited to the equivalent specs of a Wii
Injects with overclock allow full control of the patched Wii app to use full Wii U hardware making apps run faster meaning Emulators can run games a whole lot better for instance
CBFD on Wii the cutscene is very slow and laggy and takes forever after a while you can get past that but CBFD normally hangs up or glitches out as it's to slow

With the Overclock the same game is fully playable the cutscene is perfect speed and because it's taking advantage of the Wii U hardware and not the Wii's limitation

jacobsson

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
@danny19901 Thanks my man, this makes more sense now! I really think this info would be nice to have as an addition in the first post :)

So one last question, just for clarification: you're mentioning "Injects with overclock", we're still in a two step process where It's mandatory to run the Sign c2w patcher (via a forwarder or HBL) before running my vWii inject right?

EDIT:
MY OWN CUSTOM C2W OVERCLOCK ENABLED FORWARDERS NOT64/Wii64. :yayu:

For anyone interested not trying to crap on this Thread.

Your forwarder, could it be made to start a game directly (w/o entering the emulator GUI)?
As I understand it runs the c2w_patcher in conjunction with the emulator.

Last edited by jacobsson,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi +1