Last question, honest.

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Blaze163, Jul 8, 2010.

Jul 8, 2010

Last question, honest. by Blaze163 at 1:15 AM (607 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. Blaze163
    OP

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    OK, here's the deal. I've more or less mastered the whole PS1 on PSP thing, I'd be playing FF8 right now if my connection wasn't so shite, but it'd take like 2 hours to get each disk so I'll get someone else to do it some other time.

Now, as most of you already know, I'm having trouble with my PSP's analogue stick. I have therefore 'acquired' Harvest Moon Hero of Leaf Valley's ISO. Don't be alarmed, oddly enough I actually have every intention of paying for my PSP games as a general rule. I have downloaded it for one reason: I need a game for my PSP in the morning which uses the analogue stick (aside from Dissidia, which oddly seems unaffected by wonky stick syndrome even when it crippled every other game) so when my old man has finished taking the system apart with our new set of jeweler's screwdrivers and cleaning all the contact points with whatever that chemical is he used to fix the same problem on his old PSP, I need to know if he's had any effect. Leaf Valley uses the stick and it's the only ISO I could get hold of.

I'm testing it once with a UMD based game, probably my brother's copy of FIFA or something, and again with a game saved to the card. That way I'll know exactly what triggers the problem and whether I've fixed it 100%.

So I have the ISO, I've compressed it to a CSO.

Now what the hell do I do with it?

2. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    put it in your ISO folder.

3. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    Put the cso in the iso folder and launch it.
    At least that is what I'm assuming you are asking as I got a bit confused.

4. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    Whats your question? CSO's are compressed ISO's, so that they use less space. You'd use it just like a ISO, put it in the ISO folder on the root of your PSP's MS. Some CSO's have lag, and long loading time due to being trimmed.

5. Blaze163
    OP

United Kingdom
    Never used CFW for PSP games before, all I've tried thus far is PS1 games (primarily since they dont need the analogue stick) so I really don't have a clue how it works. Do I literally just put it into my Game folder like everything else, or is there some trick to it or what? Someone told me I have to have a game disk of some kind in the system?

6. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    ISO FOLDER!
    Not GAME folder.
    ISO!
    It should be in the root of your memory stick.
    And you should change your driver to SonyNpsomethingsomething, don't remember the exact name.

7. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    You literally put it onto a folder called ISO. If you don't have one make it on the root. You only need a game disc if you leave it on that specific umd drive setting. Press select and there is an option that should say something close to umd iso mode. Change it to sony ... something lol.

8. Blaze163
    OP

United Kingdom
    Got it. All fixed up and working. Now just to get the analogue stick repaired. That's not too difficult, right? I got a whole new set of little screwdrivers for opening up the system, just gonna open it up and give the connections a damn good clean. It was left in Gamestation's stock room for years, it's probably just dirty. If that doesn't work I'll replace the stick.

Anyway, it's like half one in the morning and I've been up since ten past four, so that's it from me either way. Thanks for all your help today. Looks like my PSP is almost up to full capacity. Just the stick and FF8 to sort out.

9. Devin

United States
    Here. I'll explain it.

Plug your PSP into the computer, and open up your Memory Stick. Inside it, you should see a folder called ISO. Put any ISO's/CSO's you want to play in that folder. Unplug your PSP, and go to the Games section on your PSP. Press X on the Memory Stick looking icon. You should see the games you put on it. Now, before you launch any games, press Select, and go down to Driver. Press the > (Right) button till it hits anything but, Normal. Press Select again. Now, launch your game.

NOTE: If you don't see a ISO folder on the root of your Memory Card, you need to reformat, using the PSP's formatter in the settings.

What Custom firmware are you using?

10. Blaze163
    OP

United Kingdom
    I'm on 5.50 Prometheus. And there was no folder called ISO anywhere on my card, so I just created one, put Harvest Moon in there, it seems to be working fine so far.

11. Devin

United States
    Hm...Weird. Everytime I tried to make a folder called ISO, the games weren't read.

12. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    By the way, I downloaded the homebrew that supossedly fixes the analog stick problem that I too have... or rather, had, it worked! It's called JoySens, in case you want it too.

13. Blaze163
    OP

United Kingdom
    I literally just created a new folder on my card's root called ISO, threw HM in there and it works fine. But then life has been treatin' me real nice lately so maybe it's just my run of luck carrying on.

And I'll give this JoySens a try. Never know, it might remove the risk of my old man putting a screwdriver through my already fairly chipped screen 'by accident'.