Gaming Laptop Battery

Kaosu-Noko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Have an Acer Aspire 5551-2036 that i just bought this august and i recently noticed maybe 2-3 weeks ago that my battery would stop charging at 93 percent and today its 87 percent its a brand new battery because the laptop is still fairly brand new i did a little research and i find out that i maybe have to recalibrate it. but i dont know how. they say let the battery drain to 0% but i cant because windows 7 stops me anybody have any ideas what to do and how to do it. laptop battery's are pretty expensive (well for me)

Bluelaserman

I shoot BLUE LASERS MAN!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
...the calibration process basically involves first turning off your screensaver and other power management settings that put the computer to sleep. Then fully charge the laptop before letting it run all the way down until the computer shuts off automatically.

Once the battery has fully drained, you can charge it back up again and restore your screensaver and power management settings.

Source

Says if it doesn't work buy a new battery.

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windows will usually force-hibernate at what it thinks is 1-3%, and you can't stop it, problem is, the battery wont really be dead, or even near it!

You can boot up and hit F2/F12/DEL/or whatever gets you into your BIOS. Then just leave the BIOS screen up until the laptop shuts off. For good measure, try turning it on and going into BIOS again. Keep doing it until the thing wont turn on at all.

If it still doesn't work, I recommend an aftermarket battery. I bought a battery from "New Trent" that was fulfilled through Amazon that I am very happy with for my Dell.
http://www.newtrent.com/ (On Amazon Here (possibly cheaper prices): http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?me=A3GSCL19TAH7YV )

Kaosu-Noko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i recalibrated my bettery (drained it to zero then turned it back on unil it cut off in bios) And its currently charging can the laptop be in use while its charging because it charged all the way to 82% and idk if its rising (Just checked) i hope i dont need a new one because i just bought this one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Si :D +1