Lameboy 0.10 released

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The scrolling lines that went through games like TMNT Radical Rescue and Ninja Gaiden Shadow (whenever you only had one life bar left) are gone. Huzzah!!!! This is a fantastic update!

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I need help with this. I put lameboy on my m3 sd card with the m3 game manager and when I run it on my m3, both screen blink white for a second, then it goes dark. How do I use this? Thanks.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
triassic911 said:
I need help with this. I put lameboy on my m3 sd card with the m3 game manager and when I run it on my m3, both screen blink white for a second, then it goes dark. How do I use this? Thanks.

LOL

you have absolutely no idea how to run homebrew
tongue.gif

First off, dldi patch lameboy.nds and DRAG it onto the root folder of your card (i.e. for me it would be F:\ ). Then put your roms into a folder called Lameboy. Then run the program from your DS.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
m3rox said:
triassic911 said:

LOL

you have absolutely no idea how to run homebrew
tongue.gif

First off, dldi patch lameboy.nds and DRAG it onto the root folder of your card (i.e. for me it would be F:\ ). Then put your roms into a folder called Lameboy. Then run the program from your DS.
Apparently not, but thanks.

camx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As far as Super Gameboy goes, this like almost every other emulator would need to also emulate the SNES SPC700 sound processor to achieve the extra sound samples the games contain. so yeah it doesnt do that, but thats ok, because lameboy isnt alone in that regard.

I played it extensively last night. Aside from a few more obscure roms completely ignoring joypad input, i'd say that Lameboy is now the closest thing DS has to a decent emulator. In terms of sheer playability, it rivals the great Masterboy on PSP, and if it had a little more polish and a few more options, would be replacing Masterboy as my main gb/c emulator...

Its like opening a christmas present, hopping on gbatemp real quick and seeing an update to an emulator
smile.gif

Zim05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been keeping up to date on this emulator. Does it still not have sound? If it does is it good quality?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
camx said:
if it had a little more polish and a few more options, would be replacing Masterboy as my main gb/c emulator...

nah, i wouldn't say that, i love the full widescreen support as it fits the psp screen completely
tongue.gif
and has super gameboy support from the get go.

i read on lameboys website blog that they were going to add cheat code support or something? i guess not in this release build? also they said they was going to add multiple gameboy palette like the real gameboy has when you start it up.

QUOTE(Zim05 @ Mar 17 2008, 11:19 PM) I haven't been keeping up to date on this emulator. Does it still not have sound? If it does is it good quality?

it's the best gameboy emu you can get on the ds.

Zim05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
Zim05 said:
I haven't been keeping up to date on this emulator. Does it still not have sound? If it does is it good quality?

I'm asking if it has sound or not and if it does does it skip or have bad quality

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
Zim05 said:
jalaneme said:
Zim05 said:

I'm asking if it has sound or not and if it does does it skip or have bad quality

The only thing I've noticed is when playing anything for about 10-20 minutes everything becomes choppy and the only thing I've found to fix it for me is just to quit and load up the emulator again. Most games I've tried appear to run at full speed so you can expect smooth game play for many games.

QUOTE(FAST6191 @ Mar 16 2008, 06:29 PM)
although the author stresses the "beta" nature of the emulator.

Zim05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arnold Schwarzenegger said:
Zim05 said:
jalaneme said:
Zim05 said:

The only thing I've noticed is when playing anything for about 10-20 minutes everything becomes choppy and the only thing I've found to fix it for me is just to quit and load up the emulator again. Most games I've tried appear to run at full speed so you can expect smooth game play for many games.

QUOTE(FAST6191 @ Mar 16 2008, 06:29 PM)
although the author stresses the "beta" nature of the emulator.
hells ya!
yaynds.gif
im definetly ganna play this on the new dstt I got when I get home from vacation tommorow. Do the hacked pokemon games like pokemon black work smooth on this?

Zim05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
Zim05 said:

i did say it was the best gameboy emu for the ds didn't i?
the last time I had looked at gb emulators for the ds they had not yet found out how to emulate the gameboys sound hardware but I guess they have now
wink2.gif

Scathraax

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Zim05 said:
hells ya!
yaynds.gif
im definetly ganna play this on the new dstt I got when I get home from vacation tommorow. Do the hacked pokemon games like pokemon black work smooth on this?
I've played Pokemon Brown and Pokemon Prism, so yes, hacked ROMs work.
yaynds.gif

neonix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh amn, as if it isn't awesome enough to see this come back from the grave, but also carrying such a nice changelog
yaynds.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I stand corrected on my previous post. By changing the GBC mode to GB before starting the game the SGB borders do appear on dual-mode cartridges. You just can't get the SGB+GBC mode that Goomba Color offers. Still a nice addition nonetheless.

CyborGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering if it's just me, but when I run a particular game (namely King of fighters 96) when using the Super GameBoy borders, I can't play the game at all. No controls would work. It runs but the commands just aren't registering. I turned the SGB off and the problem was gone.

Did anyone experience a similar problem? Is it solvable, as in run and play with SGB?

camicortes

Chochos
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
camifran.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
Does anyone have problems with the sound? I've tried loading Tetris Plus! and, although you can hear the game sounds, there's a stuck, very loud "beeeeeeeeeeeeeep" on top of it.

Hmm....

Just loaded Lameboy again and it's working now!!! I could'nt get it to work yesterday...
blink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: you could say it fell out.