Homebrew RELEASE Lakka.tv - turn your Switch into a RetroArch powered retrogaming console - includes PSX, N64 and PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

westcoastsosa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Progress on this is going along very nicely. With bluetooth sound being implemented and a battery fix now available, i'm more tempted than ever to install. One question tho, will there be a fix for the screen burn issue? Or is that just something that we have to bare and deal with? Also is the screen burn only on the Lakka homescreen? Meaning I won't have to worry about it while I'm playing emulators or will It still be an issue? Thanks for all the hard work

Reactions: KiiWii

Woody601

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anybody bricked using Lakka? Or had LCD screen damage? Just a final check because on the FAQ before the questions they say there's a chance for those two things to happen...
Ok, I'm sorry, but what do you mean "leave it"? Leave it on for a long period of time? Or leave it on there? I apologize, please clarify... also does this bypass the parental controls, just curious................

Sonicbrawler

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so looking at when people got to load, sonic adventure and pokemon platinum, i wasnt able to get them up and running. same with pokemon y.

screw_ball69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Can anyone comment on how well N64/PSX era and up games run?

I'm quite tempted to install this now that teh battery desync has been cleared up and SX OS 1.3 can repair it but there are already quite a few good emulators available.
It would be nice to play games like Snatcher or Policenauts, hell Einhander would be great.

Trunks2304

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone explain how to connect your switch to bluetooth headphones with ssh using putty? I cant figure it out

Saviouz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is absolutely brilliant! Congratulations!
Does anybody else think it would be great to use Lakka as a client for game streaming? I am dying to use the switch as a sort of nvidia shield

Sonicbrawler

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone comment on how well N64/PSX era and up games run?

I'm quite tempted to install this now that teh battery desync has been cleared up and SX OS 1.3 can repair it but there are already quite a few good emulators available.
It would be nice to play games like Snatcher or Policenauts, hell Einhander would be great.

ive tried pokemon stadium 2, paper mario, dobutsu no mori (animal forest), smash 64, mario kart 64, and super mario 64 for n64, and all run well, with a gfx issue here or there

as for psx, i tried FF7, Spyro, and Crash, and all 3 run well.

westcoastsosa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive tried pokemon stadium 2, paper mario, dobutsu no mori (animal forest), smash 64, mario kart 64, and super mario 64 for n64, and all run well, with a gfx issue here or there

Very cool, has anyone tested any of the Persona games on the PSP emulator? Super excited to have them on switch

screw_ball69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

I'd be surprised if those visual issues wernt just existing emulation issues

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Has anyone tried to 3ds core on this? Is it stable and smooth?

It's 7-15FPS, unsupported because it lacks jit support for now, just here for shit and giggles

Can anyone explain how to connect your switch to bluetooth headphones with ssh using putty? I cant figure it out

Connect through SSH and just follow the commands

Is it possible to boot lakka using the memloader with coreboot and u-boot stored on the sd card?

Not yet, it's broken

Does anybody else think it would be great to use Lakka as a client for game streaming? I am dying to use the switch as a sort of nvidia shield

Well there is a bounty for porting moonlight embedded to a libretro core. I may have a look at that, it doesn't look so hard, all the abstraction work is already there

Deathbot64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's 7-15FPS, unsupported because it lacks jit support for now, just here for shit and giggles

Connect through SSH and just follow the commands

Not yet, it's broken

Well there is a bounty for porting moonlight embedded to a libretro core. I may have a look at that, it doesn't look so hard, all the abstraction work is already there
Is dolphin on lakka yet or was that just a test video?

ShadyGame

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
When I try to boot Lakka I never get it to boot at the first try, only at 3 or more times, same one android... Is it normal?

What's the name of the GameCube emu on Lakka can't find it.

Last edited by ShadyGame,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up