outgum

Pokemanz Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
DeMoN said:
A 10-year old girl should not be listening to Lady Gaga. There are tons of better role models for her age like Hannah Montana.

....the same Hannah Montana, or "Miley Cryus" which have half naked photos on Twitter and dating a boyfriend like..... 10 years older or something isnt he?
In todays day and age, you cant really have the perfect role model i guess

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What a stupid, stupid girl.
Just a quote from the article:

QUOTE said:
Megan Williams, 10, from Manchester in north-west England, put the cord around her neck as she danced around the room, the Daily Mail newspaper reports.

The cord, which had been tied in a loop on a bunk bed, tightened and eventually strangled Megan to death as she struggled to escape.

Real smart!

bustyman100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I don't think we can blame Lady Gaga here. I am pretty sure Lady Gaga uses wireless microphones in her live performances to eliminate the risk of dancing related asphyxiation. Lady Gaga also wears next to nothing in order to avoid this kind of wardrobe induced injury/death.

Furthermore, her dance moves are relatively safe for young children to mimic. There is a negligible chance of testicular damage for boys compared to Michael Jackson's crotch grab and Prince's splits, or brain trauma from headbanging in metal.

I therefore conclude that there is no sufficient chain of causation between this young girl's death and Lady Gaga's music, hence Lady Gaga does not in fact kill people.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
A 10-year old girl should not be listening to Lady Gaga. There are tons of better role models for her age like Hannah Montana.
Like Hannah Montana ? You are funny. There are tons of better role models from this girl with own friends or teachers or parents. They could be better role models. The celebrities are nothing but a dust and useless people because they are not important people. We are important people also. Jeez.

Sanderino

I guess you only know what you got 'till it's gone
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
RockmanForte said:
DeMoN said:
Like Hannah Montana ? You are funny. There are tons of better role models from this girl with own friends or teachers or parents. They could be better role models. The celebrities are nothing but a dust and useless people because they are not important people. We are important people also. Jeez.

Jeez, always if I see yuor posts, it really reveals you have a sad life. I feel for you.. But yeah, Hannah Montana is a better role model for her age. And young children always see famous people like role models. Sure, people they know for real are better role models. But should we care? When we were little we'd had our own famous role models too. That's the way it is and it will always be.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
at least we grew up with a base of respectable cartoon characters, teaching us some serious morals and life lessons before we grew up to like a real human star.

nowadays, they go straight from teletubbies to spongebob to slutty and druggy superstars.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
yup
biggrin.gif

my role model is still and forever will be ULTRAMAN!!

and darn, i thought for sure that that day has arrived when this lady gaga fellow killed someone.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rofl2.gif

Natural selection at its finest, I guess. Not to be mean or cynical, but if someone, even if they're 10, is that moronic to dance with a cord around their neck and run around the room, isn't exactly fit for the generation.

If it helps, my dad broke his knee when he was a kid listening to Ozzy Osbourne.

EDIT: No Poker Face pun yet?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sanderino said:
RockmanForte said:
DeMoN said:

Jeez, always if I see yuor posts, it really reveals you have a sad life. I feel for you.. But yeah, Hannah Montana is a better role model for her age. And young children always see famous people like role models. Sure, people they know for real are better role models. But should we care? When we were little we'd had our own famous role models too. That's the way it is and it will always be.
Look here pal, what's your gig randomly attacking posts? I can't think of a single celebrity who is a good role model for kids. They're usually fake, attention whores, and whored out by those who are obsessed with them.

When I was little, i couldn't even think of a celeb role model i had. Maybe i did, maybe i didn't (98% sure i didn't). But saying kids should have celebrity role models is like saying they should be marketing ploys. Because that's teaching them it's cool to be drooled over and used as a tool. Chill man, and don't accuse people of having sad lives, he speaks a lot of truth. Hannah Montana is a perfect example of role models you shouldn't have, no matter how better she might be than Lady Gaga. That's like saying the shit i took today is better than the one i took yesterday. Might be true, but it's still shit.

Celebrities are not a good thing to look up to. Even if there are good ones. I wish they could be people to look up to, but they're just way to out of this world to know what's going on or who cares about them. Being a star seems to do strange things to your personality...makes you weird. And as i said, it's like teaching kids to be a tool, or marketing product. That's how people treat and look at celebrities. Something to slap on a product to sell it. Not good IMO.

(don't usually get into these debate things, but it struck a nerve)

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
granville said:
Sanderino said:
RockmanForte said:
DeMoN said:

Look here pal, what's your gig randomly attacking posts? I can't think of a single celebrity who is a good role model for kids. They're usually fake, attention whores, and whored out by those who are obsessed with them.

When I was little, i couldn't even think of a celeb role model i had. Maybe i did, maybe i didn't (98% sure i didn't). But saying kids should have celebrity role models is like saying they should be marketing ploys. Because that's teaching them it's cool to be drooled over and used as a tool. Chill man, and don't accuse people of having sad lives, he speaks a lot of truth. Hannah Montana is a perfect example of role models you shouldn't have, no matter how better she might be than Lady Gaga. That's like saying the shit i took today is better than the one i took yesterday. Might be true, but it's still shit.

Celebrities are not a good thing to look up to. Even if there are good ones. I wish they could be people to look up to, but they're just way to out of this world to know what's going on or who cares about them. Being a star seems to do strange things to your personality...makes you weird. And as i said, it's like teaching kids to be a tool, or marketing product. That's how people treat and look at celebrities. Something to slap on a product to sell it. Not good IMO.

(don't usually get into these debate things, but it struck a nerve)
QFT.

I couldn't agree more. Looking up to celebrities is just plain wrong.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
rofl.gif
Stupid girl...

Hoverlord Nadrian said:
No offense, but if people are stupid enough to put cords round their necks while dancing, they should die. They're of no use to anyone. Chavs.
This...everybody hates chavs, yes? :naychav:

QUOTE(Hatsu @ Jan 31 2010, 12:51 PM) I always knew she was evil.
ninja.gif

and this...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: