L4T Ubuntu - A fully featured linux on your switch

switchroot.png

L4T Ubuntu
Intro
L4T Ubuntu is a version of Linux based on nvidia's linux for tegra project. It uses a different kernel compared to previous releases which allows it to use features not yet in mainline. Such as audio, docking support and vulkan.

Join our discord: https://discord.gg/53mtKYt

We have a wiki !
To facilitate our work we will only update our wiki from now on in order to avoid multiple outdated references, please refer to the following link instead of this page

https://wiki.switchroot.org/en/Linux/Ubuntu-Install-Guide

Credits

Bylaws,
Langerhans,
Ave,
Natinusala,
CTCaer(most of the hard stuff),
Gavin_Darkglider,
DanielOgorchock(Joycon drivers/joycond),
stary2001 (reboot2payload),
NVIDIA,
Azkali
Everyone else in switchroot - more info on that in the future.

Last edited by azkali,

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
Can you explain that?
I don't wanna start a drama in an unrelated thread but long story short he and his team kept an exploit secret for almost 2 years which, after others finally found another way to do the same without their methods, finally kickstarted Homebrew on the Wii U.

Anyways, too off topic, back on track now.

Reactions: Neo_

Gavin_Darkglider

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go to terminal and paste this whenever that happens, should fix it:
sudo service network-manager restart

I have noticed similar issues with wifi when using bluetooth audio on my gentoo build. :( On top of that, for some reason while I have sound, the on board audio sounds horrible, compared to ubuntu or horizon. On top of that the headphone jack will not work. :( back to the alsa drawing board. lol.

mattyxarope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have noticed similar issues with wifi when using bluetooth audio on my gentoo build. :( On top of that, for some reason while I have sound, the on board audio sounds horrible, compared to ubuntu or horizon. On top of that the headphone jack will not work. :( back to the alsa drawing board. lol.

Appreciate your work but I could have sworn in your thread you stated you weren't going to support your build at all? What made you continue?

Gavin_Darkglider

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Appreciate your work but I could have sworn in your thread you stated you weren't going to support your build at all? What made you continue?

This is a different build altogether. This is gentoo l4t, hince why I am not suporting the gentoo mainline 32bit build. That build is full of issues, and the hardware support wont get any better for a while.... at least until mainline catches up with l4t, at least with sound, vulkan, and sleep mode. By the time these things exist, that build will be almost impossible to update.

Reactions: mattyxarope

Gameboyandwatch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it worked in the initial release.
Okay, thank you.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, how do I overclock it? Do I type exactly what was in the overclock section into my terminal? Because I did that and it said bash: /sys/kernel/tegra_cpufreq/overclock: Permission denied

Refriger8tor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, thank you.

Also, how do I overclock it? Do I type exactly what was in the overclock section into my terminal? Because I did that and it said bash: /sys/kernel/tegra_cpufreq/overclock: Permission denied

Did you put "sudo" in front of the command? Ik u posted on my thread earlier, if you're on my image there's a desktop icon that says "2GHz" that you can just double click and then put in the password (switch)

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, thank you.

You have to put "sudo" (without quotes) before the rest of the command. And then type your password and hit enter (you won't see the cursor move while you type your password).

Gameboyandwatch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you put "sudo" in front of the command? Ik u posted on my thread earlier, if you're on my image there's a desktop icon that says "2GHz" that you can just double click and then put in the password (switch)
I'm not using it, I tried at first and I didn't know how to use gparted so I just followed this thread. I would've definitely used your image though if I had known you could just resize the partition in linux.

You have to put "sudo" (without quotes) before the rest of the command. And then type your password and hit enter (you won't see the cursor move while you type your password).
  • Code:
    echo 1 | sudo tee /sys/kernel/tegra_cpufreq/overclock
    echo 2091000 | sudo tee /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy0/scaling_max_freq
    then run the command to force max freq if you want to use anything intensive.
  • To always use 2.0ghz mode copy
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    echo 1 > /sys/kernel/tegra_cpufreq/overclock
    echo 2091000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy0/scaling_max_freq
    exit 0
(copied from initial post)
I entered the commands exactly as shown on these things and it didn't work.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not using it, I tried at first and I didn't know how to use gparted so I just followed this thread. I would've definitely used your image though if I had known you could just resize the partition in linux.

• Code:
    echo 1 | sudo tee /sys/kernel/tegra_cpufreq/overclock
    echo 2091000 | sudo tee /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy0/scaling_max_freq
    then run the command to force max freq if you want to use anything intensive.
  • To always use 2.0ghz mode copy
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    echo 1 > /sys/kernel/tegra_cpufreq/overclock
    echo 2091000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy0/scaling_max_freq
    exit 0
(copied from initial post)
I entered the commands exactly as shown on these things and it didn't work.
How did it not work?

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
It just said Permission denied. Also, on all the commands I entered, the only output I got was the echo. Sorry, I'm not very savvy with linux. Also, for some reason, in dolphin now, all the sounds are really deep. Not sure wtf I did.
try running "sudo apt-get update" first then run the command "echo 1 | sudo tee /sys/kernel/tegra_cpufreq/overclock;echo 2091000 | sudo tee /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy0/scaling_max_freq"

Gameboyandwatch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try running "sudo apt-get update" first then run the command "echo 1 | sudo tee /sys/kernel/tegra_cpufreq/overclock;echo 2091000 | sudo tee /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy0/scaling_max_freq"
I dont know if it worked or not but the only thing that showed up was the echo
This is how my terminal looked:
Code:
How do I know if it worked?

Also, how do I transfer the contents of the sd I'm using to another sd? windows 10 doesnt see the ext4 partition.

Last edited by Gameboyandwatch,

mvfsullivan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whats the best way to expand the volume after a fresh install of L4T?

Volume of my 32GB card in L4T shows as 500MB

I want to dual boot L4T and Lakka. Is there a guide somewhere?

Last edited by mvfsullivan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Mines are all the dragon ball animes. Im also enjoying Fullmetal alchemist and my hero academia