L4T Ubuntu - A fully featured linux on your switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by bylaws, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Gavin_Darkglider

Gavin_Darkglider GBAtemp Regular

May 20, 2019
    United States
    Chances are it still writes the register that messes up the battery. If it doesnt, then the version of u-boot being used probably does. I havnt seen any sources for U-boot on switch root, so they are probably using the version from FailOverfl0w. That being said, hekate fixes the register automagicaly when you boot the latest version, so it isnt a big deal. As for screen issues, I have been running linux mainline 5.0 since october, and before that I ran tardyp's 4.17 kernel, and FailOverfl0w's 4.15 kernel, and never had screen issues(excepting when a friends kid sat on it, while playing breath of the wild), and even that was minimal, and not really noticeable, unless you are looking at a black screen with the backlight on. lol. Nothing to do with linux though

2. BruhBoy

BruhBoy Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2019
    United States
    (Sorry I just don't have time to look through the 86 pages) did anyone figure out Minecraft?

3. Mouser X

Mouser X Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2009
    United States
    I don't recall seeing anything definitive being posted. You'd probably be better off asking in the L4T installs thread (check the OP here for the link), though I don't recall anything being posted there either.

4. Gavin_Darkglider

May 20, 2019
    United States
    From what I have read java is a bit of a pain on arm64, and has been causing issues with some things. I am still trying to work out my issues with libEGL, and gles linker issues on gentoo l4t build, so I havnt really messed with it yet. Then again minecraft is not a priority to me in any way.

5. BruhBoy

BruhBoy Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2019
    United States
    Dolphin detects the gamecube adaptor but it is not detecting inputs from my GameCube controller. Has anyone else ran into this problem?

6. BruhBoy

BruhBoy Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2019
    United States
    I got it to work, nevermind

7. Gameboyandwatch

Gameboyandwatch GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2016
    United States
    What is Horizon OS?

8. globalc

globalc Member

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2019
    Japan
    The system from Nintendo starting up on a normally started Nintendo switch.

9. Shadow_The_Hedgehog82

Shadow_The_Hedgehog82 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2018
    Australia
    Nah it worked way better for me in the old builds I actually used it fairly often. with l4t my touches go nowhere near where I press on the screen, I also tried recalibrating but it didn't help. I can barely use the keyboard as my presses just go way off

10. Gavin_Darkglider

May 20, 2019
    United States
    You are wrong. With my gentoo build, and l4t the touch screen works almost perfect. There is one change to the dts that needs to be reverted that shrinks the touchscreen resolution a few pixels, which make the upper edges a little hard to do(Hitting close window button). But that is easy to fix, and will be fixed when I am ready for a release.

That being said, I just owned GLES and GLES v2, so that now makes OpenGL, GLESv1/v2 and Vulkan. on to CUDA. Which is harder, as it requires cuda-toolkit arm64, which is only released with jetpack. :(

11. MrSilverstone

MrSilverstone Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2018
    France
    I can't post link as I am a new user, but look for "cuda-repo-l4t-9-0-local_9.0.252-1_arm64.deb" on google.

It's pretty easy to extract download links from Jetpack (cudnn and others).
    I successfuly managed to build opencv with cuda support. I am working as an AR/MR developer. It's pretty cool to use the switch as if it was a nvidia jetson. I m able to run a mofidied GPU version of ORB slam. I just wish it had USB OTG suppport, so I could plugin a webcam on the go.

globalc likes this.
  12. Gavin_Darkglider

May 20, 2019
    United States
    I arleady downloaded the deb files, but I am trying to create a repository of gentoo package ebuilds, so people can start from scratch, and get a working build. that is harder than extracting the deb files. Also in gentoo you have to install the headers or nothing you build wil know how to use it. it is slow work, but getting there.

globalc and MrSilverstone like this.
  13. ZeroFX

ZeroFX GBAtemp Regular

Jun 18, 2018
    United Kingdom
  14. Hamdan

Hamdan GBAtemp Regular

Dec 14, 2018
    Pakistan
    Then why isn't he releasing it already. Just fix the issues as they come up
    (kidding :) )

15. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    How are the GameCube emulators on Android compared to Linux?

mattyxarope likes this.
  16. Gameboyandwatch

May 13, 2016
    United States
    I'm trying to download some stuff but after just a few MBs are downloaded my WiFi stops working. This isn't my router, because I'm posting this from my computer, which is working fine. It's just my switch. It worked fine on my hotspot but that was awfully slow. Is there something I did wrong? It worked fine earlier but now it's not.

17. Hamdan

Hamdan GBAtemp Regular

Dec 14, 2018
    Pakistan
    Go to terminal and paste this whenever that happens, should fix it:
    sudo service network-manager restart

18. Gameboyandwatch

May 13, 2016
    United States
    Still not working. Infact my Chromium download didn't even start downloading until I opened a webpage. It got to about 1.8 MBs then the download speed slowly dropped until it reached 0B and came to a standstill.

Last edited by Gameboyandwatch, Jun 17, 2019
  19. EpicLPer

EpicLPer Nice unless you give me a reason to hate you ;)

Mar 13, 2015
    Austria
    Austria
    Rizzorules likes this.
  20. Hamdan

Hamdan GBAtemp Regular

Dec 14, 2018
    Pakistan
    who's smea