L4T Ubuntu - A fully featured linux on your switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by bylaws, Apr 28, 2019.

1. stick267

stick267 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 17, 2018
    United States
    Just finished Wind Waker. 90% of the game is fullspeed with 1.7ghz CPU overclock and emulated clock rate at 60%. A few minor slowdowns here and there throughout the game that aren't too bothersome. Unfortunately the final battle with Ganondorf is a consistent 15fps (even with 2ghz OC). Still had a great time playing though, it was my first playthrough since it released on the GameCube when I was like 11 years old. Bylaws is a legend for making it possible to play it on my Switch (and the Dolphin devs).

Any have any settings for Twilight Princess?

Last edited by stick267, Jun 8, 2019
    mattyxarope likes this.
  2. Mouser X

Mouser X Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2009
    United States
    I have no idea what SSH is, other than that it involves networking. The only Linux machine I have is my Switch. Prior to that, about 10-15 years ago, I had a craptop with 128 MB of RAM (how they ever got Windows working on it, I'll never know) that I installed xubuntu to. As for Lakka, it probably does support ext4 (as you said, it is Linux after all). However within Lakka I couldn't see any way to access the ext4 partition on my SD card. Therefore, for a common layman, effectively, Lakka doesn't support ext4 "out of the box." Can it be set up? Apparently so, but everything you said went way over my head. Since the person asking the original question (which was if they can use the ext4 partition for Lakka) couldn't even figure out how to resize their fat32 partition, it seems doubtful they'll figure out how to set up Lakka to use the ext4 partition. Of course, I could be wrong. It certainly wouldn't be the first (or last) time. But for me, with poor Linux experience, the SSH stuff is very confusing. :wink:

3. TheZander

TheZander King of the Level 7's

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    Level 7
    1. Download putty

2. Make sure ssh is selected

3. Put in your switch ip

4. Put in your username and password for linux and click connect

4. Gavin_Darkglider

Gavin_Darkglider GBAtemp Regular

May 20, 2019
    United States
    SSH is like telnet, fairly simple, and there is a nice windows client for it called putty. Once you are there, you need to mount the drive like any other drive to somewhere in the filesystem. eg mount -t ext4 /dev/sda1 /external_storage

Obviously these values are subject to change, if it is on an sdcard, or external hdd/flashdrive, and if the mount point exists. if it doesnt create it with mkdir /external_storage.

Then you can find your roms in lakka in the external storage folder. Or, you could go one better, and mount --bind /external_storage /path/to/lakka/rom/dir/, then it will also be fake mounted to the lakka rom path, and lakka will automatically scan it. Unfortunatly, you will have to do this every time, with out modifying the initrd, which hosts all of lakka.

5. iotdevnet

iotdevnet Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2019
    Bulgaria
    We exfat support in kernel

6. octopus

octopus Custom Title

Sep 6, 2013
    Somalia
    /
    Hm, does not work for me. The only docked resolution that works without this output bug is 1280x720, everything else has it. My display is 1080p. Tried changing it a lot of times, did not help. Actually, it makes it worse sometimes, like, even the usable resolution gets wrong DPI or something, it becomes blurry and I have to change it to 1080p and back to 720p to make it readable.
    And this bug was present right after the first launch on a new mSD. And I docked only after the initial setup and a reboot as per OP.

7. Hamdan

Hamdan GBAtemp Regular

Dec 14, 2018
    Pakistan
    how do i have joycons pair automatically???
    Also how do I stop chromium icon from appearing every boot?
    And @bylaws why don't you release the android build you have currently to the community so everybody can work and help you, i mean i am sure there is a reason but just wanted to know.
    Thx

Last edited by Hamdan, Jun 8, 2019
  8. Gavin_Darkglider

May 20, 2019
    United States
    First and foremost, I would think a broken android build wouldnt be much use, the code to the broken, but working android build might be. the problem isnt android the problem is the video card drivers not supporting frame buffer acceleration. The nvidia android drivers are broken, so it is a matter of waiting on the mainline to catch up. Until then there isnt much point. That, and if you are asking for the build, instead of building it yourself, you probably arent going to be much help. IMHO. ;)

9. ZeroFX

ZeroFX Eh. What?

Jun 18, 2018
    Japan
    Some place in
    or, if windows 10, cmd > ssh username@switchip.

10. IbnRami

IbnRami Newbie

Newcomer
    May 19, 2019
    Brazil
    Has any one tryed Open X-ray or the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games though Wine on the switch?

I plan on buying a new SD card to use a dual boot set up (with dongle) but I won't manag to spare the money this month and I am sure that as a linux noob myself it will take quite some time for me to set it up correctly. Specially building OpenX-ray or configuring Wine the right way.

Enviado de meu SM-T585 usando o Tapatalk

11. Gavin_Darkglider

May 20, 2019
    United States
    Not that I know of, I dont think wine would work for the switch, unless the apps were maybe for windows 10 arm. You might be able to get qemu and wine working together, but that is iffy at best.

IbnRami likes this.
  12. TheZander

TheZander King of the Level 7's

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    Level 7
    That's pretty dope, i was unaware

13. Hamdan

Hamdan GBAtemp Regular

Dec 14, 2018
    Pakistan
    LOL, I didn't say i was going to do anything! I meant other people ;)

14. dotmick

dotmick Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2018
    United Kingdom
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R. might be a bit too much for the Switch IMO :/

15. Hamdan

Hamdan GBAtemp Regular

Dec 14, 2018
    Pakistan
    @bylaws as you instructed here is my syslog after the fore-mentioned sleep bug occurred: http://ge.tt/82ACvVw2
    Bugs i encountered:
    Switch was able to turn back on but it was in the state it is when freshly booted up. Everything closed etc.
    Wifi was broken but was able to fix that by restarting network-manager
    It only happens after switch is left on sleep mode for more that 10 minutes, from what i can tell.

16. bylaws
    OP

bylaws GBAtemp Regular

Dec 11, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Bug blocking android has been fixed, will update once booting

17. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    This is going to be great but I will wait a little bit longer because I want to play Wii games and Game Cube games without overclocked.

18. bylaws
    OP

bylaws GBAtemp Regular

Dec 11, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Not happening ever

19. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    LOL! Without source then there is no proof unless source said so.

Last edited by azoreseuropa, Jun 9, 2019
  20. Techjunky90

Techjunky90 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    100% not happening. No source is needed. Anyone with a brain knows wii/GameCube can not be emulated on a 1ghz cpu