1. Drban789

Drban789 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Hello,

Is there any way to configure the switch joycons on retroarch without using a keyboard? Right now i can only scroll through the main menu on retroarch but i cant click anything

2. dixeflatline

dixeflatline Member
    Newcomer

United States
    If its not an OS related issue, try to post over at https://gbatemp.net/threads/l4t-ubuntu-applcation-install-guides.537579/ that seems to be where application help is going on at. You need to configure whatever controller your using inside of RA. Settings > Input > User 1 Binds > (change seetings accordinly) > User 1 bind all.

Should be done.

3. Geekyrulez

Geekyrulez Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    Can someone confirm whether moonlight game streaming is performing reasonably well in this Linux?

4. tabzer

tabzer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    I am trying to get the "HORI Nintendo Switch Multiport USB Playstand" to work with L4T. Charges fine, but USB doesn't seem to be working. Anyone know why?

5. Gavin_Darkglider

Gavin_Darkglider GBAtemp Regular

United States
    There are repos..... Mainly the Ubuntu Arm64 repo, which is lacking a lot, and hasnt been updated in quite a while..... Kodi hasnt even been upgraded to 18 yet in those repos. :( I am in the middle of building gentoo for the switch, which would take things back to being compiled, but at least the stuff that has newer upgrades, can get those upgrades, without breaking ubuntu. lol.

Because non official docks are not supported on L4T. They handle dock negotiations a little different, and the driver doesnt support those docks(yet?) Use the official dock, or get some dmesg dumps, and see what is going on with the bm92t driver. so something along the lines of dmesg | grep bm92, and it will tell you about the negotiation, and what state the chip is in(Dock, usb host, usb device, etc.) There are a few different modes, but I have a feeling it isnt changing like it should, due to the custom stuff that was needed for the switch dock.

Last edited by Gavin_Darkglider, Jun 5, 2019
    Worldblender likes this.
  6. tabzer

tabzer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    It's licensed by Nintendo, so it seems that you are saying that it works with only the one dock.

7. Vigg

Vigg Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Hey i've been trying to install anbox, but I cant't find a working arm64 port. It says in the patch notes that it now has the right modules for it right? Can someone maybe help me or link me a working tutorial. I'm not that inapt so a little direction is all I need.

8. bylaws

OP bylaws GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Precisely

Carlos_DobleC likes this.
  9. Chiveta

Chiveta Member
    Newcomer

The power button, works in linux?, or to sleep I have to give the padlock? because in version 1.3.1 it does not work

Last edited by Chiveta, Jun 5, 2019
  10. bylaws

United Kingdom
    it does, just press harder

11. Gavin_Darkglider

United States
    I was looking into it, and it seems you need a special built arm64 android root. The best I found was: https://github.com/HarleyPato/anbox-arm64 and even that seems to have issues listed.... But what on github doesnt. lol. I was going to work that out later for my build, but I am having enough issues fighting with the updates, and software install trying to keep both gentoo, and the nvidia drivers happy. lol. Really, it has nothing to do with with the nvidia drivers, but more on gentoo's dependence on perl, which the version they want you to have doesnt work with perl-cross yet, but it doesnt want to continue since it cant build that 1 package, because so much of the base system depends on it. It is a work in progress though. and goes fairly quick, since I told it to build binary packages as well. lol.

Edit: Think I found a fix for the perl issue..... now I go back to waiting. lol.

Last edited by Gavin_Darkglider, Jun 5, 2019
  12. Vigg

Vigg Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Oh oke thnx for clarification. Guess I'll just have to wait for news then.

13. ZeroFX

ZeroFX Eh. What?

Japan
    Could not get anbox to work, look at that: https://github.com/anbox/anbox/issues/1043

I cant get it to build because libboost.

14. Hamdan

Hamdan GBAtemp Regular

Pakistan
    Has anybody tried shashlik yet?
    And Bylaws, just asking, are you still thinking about making android work?
    It’s my personal opinion but I think android would be much more practical on a switch than Ubuntu.
    Thanks!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Is this true, just want to confirm

trohn_javolta likes this.
  15. Gavin_Darkglider

United States
    My build already has libboost, and the headers installed, so building anbox wont be the issue, but building the special arm64 android root might be. Should be fun, as I havnt tried to build it before. lol.

I am not sure l4t is the answer for android, especially since I have seen no video card drivers for android in any of the bsp releases I have gone through. If there were, I am sure Bylaws would have released Android Switch by now. As I am rebuilding my build again, to see if I managed to fix the build issues I was having, it might be a while until it is ready for that.

Actually, after looking into it a bit more, I found this, which might make l4t a viable android candidate: http://nv-tegra.nvidia.com/gitweb/?...git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/rel-30-r2-partner I am not sure if this is the correct version for this kernel, but I would think it would be worth a try. I am not a huge fan of android, so I do not plan on attempting to build android with this, but it would be cool to see working android and linux.

Last edited by Gavin_Darkglider, Jun 6, 2019
    lordelan likes this.
  16. Hamdan

Hamdan GBAtemp Regular

Pakistan
    Bylaws?

17. Chiveta

Chiveta Member
    Newcomer

I gave it so hard that I broke the button.:rofl2:

18. bylaws

United Kingdom
    Regular anboz works
    It won't work anyway, it will eventually once you get it running think its being ran from /mnt and that messes up stuff, I guess probably some fs namespace issue in kernel.
    Nope, nvs source is botched and terrible, it will come whenever its fixed.

Watermelonz and hippy dave like this.
  19. pescu

pescu Member
    Newcomer

Romania
    did anyone got kodi 18 working on switch?

20. bakedbeans

bakedbeans Member
    Newcomer

Algeria
    looks like kde, doesn't it?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - featured, Ubuntu, switch