L4T Ubuntu - A fully featured linux on your switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by bylaws, Apr 28, 2019.

1. ShinkoNet

ShinkoNet Obsessed with Touhou

Dec 1, 2013
    So, with 1.2 update, arm64 anbox is working? Or does more stuff need to be done?

2. pietempgba

pietempgba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 9, 2016
    United States
    more stuff needs to be done I think

3. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    How can I resize the partition? Just gives me an error unmounting filesystem

4. pietempgba

pietempgba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 9, 2016
    United States
    you can resize it outside of the switch with gparted or some other third party partition editors

5. Shadow_The_Hedgehog82

Shadow_The_Hedgehog82 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2018
    Australia
    i have tried both unity and gnome wayland and it's awful in both, gnome wayland is a bit better tho, yeah i was doing searches before asking didn't find anything useful kek

6. SnkXIII

SnkXIII Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2019
    Netherlands
    I'd seriously recommend getting a bluetooth keyboard and mouse
    As it is right now touch is not very reliable
    You don't get freezing of any kind this way

7. Sumandora

Sumandora Im using Parental Controls. Change my Mind!

Nov 13, 2018
    Germany
    i stuck in blackscreen after a few days of trying @bylaws

Last edited by Sumandora, May 19, 2019
  8. bylaws
    OP

bylaws GBAtemp Regular

Dec 11, 2018
    United Kingdom
    no need, shutdown already works fully from just unity shutdown button

9. George35000vr

George35000vr TROLLIE

Jun 22, 2013
    Greece
    Crete
    Tried booting it with no success. I left it for more than 10 mins and it still stuck in a black screen. By docking it i noticed it spams these errors on the screen: 20190519_151917[1].

10. Centergaming

Centergaming GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 17, 2016
    United States
    @bylaws It doesn't fully work for some reason if you have AutoRCM installed, it won't shut down completely. My switch was overheating when I took it out from the case and it looked like it was off. I plugged my dongle and without pressing the power button it went to CFW.

Every time I want to properly shut down my switch I would need to go into Hekate to fix the issue :/

Is it possible for Linux reboot back to the Hekate payload and shutdown automatically? Thanks.

klear likes this.
  11. George35000vr

George35000vr TROLLIE

Jun 22, 2013
    Greece
    Crete
    nvm for some reason my 16gb sd didn't wanna work with it. Used another one and it booted...

12. achoissoumsaco

achoissoumsaco Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2019
    Brazil
    Rebooting to hekate would be extremely helpful.

Centergaming likes this.
  13. Carlos_DobleC

Carlos_DobleC GBAtemp Regular

Sep 22, 2016
    Spain
    Has anyone thought of creating an image of Ubuntu with Dolphin, Kodi, the Joycon configured as a mouse, etc... once the version 2.0 of L4T comes out?
    Will be very useful.

trohn_javolta and Csmrcc like this.
  14. trohn_javolta

trohn_javolta Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2018
    Antigua and Barbuda
    Yes, HDMI output, ethernet and charging works. Didn't plug anything in the usb ports yet but I guess that also works. Maybe try another HDMI cable?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

That would be awesome. But Kodi version from appstore is only v17 and I also couldn't get 5.1 Sound to work at all. Did anyone manage to get 5.1 sound? If yes, how?

15. senas8

senas8 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 3, 2011
    United States
    So the setup window where you create a username and password comes in, vertical mode and I cant get the virtual keyboard to type anything.. I have restarted the switch many times hoping it would have the window horizontal, but thats not the case.

16. Refriger8tor

Refriger8tor GBAtemp Regular

Sep 2, 2013
    United States
    A kitchen near you.
    I would be down to do this, I'd just image my current installation, wipe my SD, install fresh hekate and L4T Ubuntu and then start from there installing software and changing settings without signing in to anything. Then I'll just shrink down any unused space off the image and upload it. I could even create a noob tutorial with pictures on how to install and dual boot maybe.

If people want to DM me (or post here but I don't wanna clog the thread) what software/settings that they'd like included (and try to keep it limited to things that we already know work) then I will create this after the next major release when I have some time.

Csmrcc, klear, zarkon and 1 other person like this.
  17. Hamdan

Hamdan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2018
    Pakistan
    I wish there was a keybaord that could be controller using joycon, so not touch input required.
    Like on consoles, ya know?
    Nintendo swicth OFW, xbox, ps, etc.
    That would really just finish the whole thing!

18. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Is there some way I can run this on a PC emulator/virtual machine? I am quite good with Linux but don't have a Switch I care to use for this right now. That said if I can get at least a package list and some idea of the things available by default I can help some people with what are fairly common tasks in other distros (things I am seeing crop up time and time again in this thread and others), however if it is going to be like some of the raspberry pi stuff and other embedded machines, or different things need a sudo or something I don't want to send people down the wrong path. For android I have the likes of https://www.android-x86.org/ but I am not sure what I might have here.

19. silver95

silver95 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2019
    Argentina
    Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aire
    dolphin I download from the official website ?? How is the configuration?

Last edited by silver95, May 20, 2019
  20. Akira

Akira I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!

Apr 28, 2013
    United States
    do i need to download and extract both 1.1 and 1.2 update?