L4D3 and Source 2 basically confirmed

gokujr1000

OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
So some sneaky bugger took a photo of an internal changelog that shows that Left 4 Dead 3 and Source 2 exist in Valve World.

I'd post more about it but I'm in a rush and decided to post it here to inform those who are uninformed. Anyways here's the article and a picture and stuff.

L4D3-zoomed-in.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xjfw7B9.jpg

http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/08/06/left-4-dead-3-confirmed-during-valve-office-tour

Reactions: TheRedfox

TemplarGR

Gaming expert
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well no confirmation was needed. It was obvious that a Source 2 would need to exist for next-gen gaming. What's the news?

Enchilada

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
The first one was so much better. It had better level designs which is a huge plus. It also had less weapons and less special infected, but it was a prime example of less being more.
Just for your information: L4D2 was updated a long time ago and now it contains all the levels, characters, etc. from the original game. Now it's pointless to buy L4D1.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These have been "confirmed" for quite a while now, so...

L4D2 was shit. First one was superior in every single way.

But that's wrong. Better map design and variety (in terms of enemies, weapons, events, etc.) along with the weekly mutations. The only thing thing you could argue tthe first game did better was the survivors, but a) that comes down to personal preference, and b) the second game brought over all the maps from the first game anyway so it doesn't matter.

I'd prefer a Portal 3, in all honesty, but another Left 4 Dead game is still groovy in my book.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sorry, but I don't see it any more being confirmed than since that other leak posted earlier (see Gahars's post).

It really doesn't mean that much that they're working on things. We all know long-term projects that got canceled in the end. And that's usually those that were actually officially announced. I'm not a game developer (or have any job in that industry), but I would suspect that as least as much projects got canned somewhere during development hell before official release than after. And it wouldn't surprise me if the numbers were closer to like 3 to 5 times as much cannage coing on.

So while it indeed won't surprise many people anymore if Valve would actually make an official announcement statement, it's still important, as it (most likely) increases the chances of it actually being released considerably.

And a final thought. Wasn't Valve also busy on that steambox? If so...wouldn't it be likely that this will be a steambox exclusive?

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And a final thought. Wasn't Valve also busy on that steambox? If so...wouldn't it be likely that this will be a steambox exclusive?

Well, the "Steambox" isn't really a console with any sort of unique architecture - from what I remember, it's just supposed to be a relatively cheap PC designed to be plugged into a television screen. It wouldn't have exclusives, but it would play any game in your Steam library (assuming that the specs are up to snuff, of course).

Besides, there's not really one, unified Steambox system. A bunch of companies are making their own Steamboxes with limited oversight from Valve.

TL;DR: No.

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you mean valve can actually count to 3 color me surprised.

so far we got 3 more games that need the number 3

HL3(or 2 episode 3)
team fortress 3
portal 3(though I can't see em doing that with portal 2's ending)

D

Dork

But that's wrong. Better map design and variety (in terms of enemies, weapons, events, etc.) along with the weekly mutations. The only thing thing you could argue tthe first game did better was the survivors, but a) that comes down to personal preference, and b) the second game brought over all the maps from the first game anyway so it doesn't matter.

I'd prefer a Portal 3, in all honesty, but another Left 4 Dead game is still groovy in my book.

Not only that, but all L4D1 content has been integrated into L4D2 with melee weapons. There is absolutely no reason to like L4D1 over 2.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not only that, but all L4D1 content has been integrated into L4D2 with melee weapons. There is absolutely no reason to like L4D1 over 2.

There is. And I do.

Eh, I'd be more excited for Portal 3 to be honest. All the WTF moments in the second one were awesome, especially when you fell down that big shaft.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.