LÖVE2D help

Discussion in 'Computer Programming, Emulation, and Game Modding' started by Xen0, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Xen0
    OP

Xen0 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    Gambia, The
    So I´m learning lua atm but there´s one thing that keeps annoying me. Everytime I want to test the project I have to drag the complete folder over the love.exe. I know you can avoid that by inserting a .bat in the projects diretory, but for me it somehow don´t work.
    My .bat contains
    Code:
    @ECHO OFF

start "" "%PROGRAMFILES(x86)%\LOVE\love.exe" 
    And when executing the .bat it even opens the love.exe but it´s just the default screen when there´s no game.

any suggestions?

2. Veiva

Veiva Member

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2011
    United States
    You need to specify the path to the game as an argument.

I'd suggest:

Code:
    @echo off

"C:\Program Files (x86)\LOVE\love.exe" --console "C:\path\to\game"
    This would work if "C:\path\to\game" contains main.lua (i.e., the directory containing your Love game).

(You'll be able to see the result of print calls with the --console flag, since it seems possible you're not using an editor that supports debugging Lua programs. I suppose this is why you used "START"?)

Last edited by Veiva, Apr 23, 2016
    migles and Xen0 like this.
  3. Xen0
    OP

Xen0 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I'll test this tomorrow :)
    I just used start because it was made so at the tutorial I'm watching (there it works for whatever reason) and also on the official love2d wiki.

Edit: Actually I tryed ASAP, at it works, thank you :)

Last edited by Xen0, Apr 24, 2016
  4. Xen0
    OP

Xen0 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Well have anither problm actually: I want a ball get bounced off another rectagle, so a little pong-game, how do I that? Both objects are dynamic and when they collide the rectangle get bounced by the ball too. I tried to give the rectangle more weight, but that didn´t really solve it.

5. Xen0
    OP

Xen0 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    Gambia, The
    How can I make a dynamic Object with a picture? I only manage to show a image up and move it and stuff, but it can go though walls because it´s no object :x