KYT: ScuberSteve

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sinkhead
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 13,428
  • Replies Replies 105
Status
Not open for further replies.
TeenDev said:
do you own a PEN15?
If you mean penis, yes.
If you actually meant a product called PEN15, no.

Narin said:
Whats your favorite and least favorite anime?
Shoot me, I love CardCaptor Sakura.
Unfortunately, I hate Angelic Layer (Its sequel Chobits makes up for it though)
The fact that they're both made by CLAMP is coincidental.

QUOTE(shinsil @ May 11 2008, 08:23 PM)
1 bird in your hand or 10 in the ski?
Oh God, I hope you mean sky, cause having 1 bird in my hand beats having 10 in one of my skis any day.
 
istockphoto_1792610_ski_bird.jpg


tongue.gif
 
Want to play some Call of Scooby 4?

How about watch some Scooby Doo afterwards?

Can I have some cookies?

Your favorite cookies?
 
fischju said:
Mechas?
Mecha, also known as meka or mechs, are walking vehicles controlled by a pilot, often appearing in science fiction or other genres involving a fantastic or futuristic element. Mecha are generally, though not necessarily, bipedal. In most fiction in which they appear, mecha are war machines: essentially armored fighting vehicles with legs instead of treads or wheels (there are some exceptions). Some stories, such as the manga Patlabor and American miniatures game Battletech, also encompass mecha used for civilian purposes such as heavy construction work, police functions, or firefighting.
Some sci-fi universes posit that mecha are the primary means of combat, with conflicts sometimes being decided through gladiatorial matches. Others represent mecha as one component of an integrated military force, supported by and fighting alongside tanks, fighter aircraft, and infantry, functioning as a mechanical cavalry. The applications often highlight the theoretical usefulness of such a device, combining a tank's resilience and fire power with infantry's ability to cross unstable terrain.
The distinction between true mecha and their smaller cousins (and likely progenitors), the powered armor suits, is blurred; according to one definition, a mecha is piloted while a powered armor is worn. Anything large enough to have a cockpit where the pilot is seated is generally considered a mecha.
The first occurrence of mecha in fiction is thought to be the novel The War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells where the Martians use tripod walkers very similar to mecha, but this fails to take into account that, thirty years before, Jules Verne published the La Maison à vapeur (The Steam House), which featured a steam-powered, piloted, mechanical elephant. The first occurrence of mecha robots being piloted by a user from within a cockpit was later introduced in the manga and anime series Mazinger Z by Go Nagai.[1]
Rarely, mecha has been used in a fantasy convention, most notably in the anime series Aura Battler Dunbine, The Vision of Escaflowne and Maze. In those cases, the mecha designs are usually based on some alternative or 'lost' science-fiction technology from ancient times.

sonicslasher said:
If you had to pick a number 1 - 10, what would it be?
6

QUOTE(JPH @ May 12 2008, 12:51 PM)
Want to play some Call of Scooby 4?

How about watch some Scooby Doo afterwards?

Can I have some cookies?

Your favorite cookies?
Only a little.

Okay, sure.

How much are you willing to pay? I don't want money...
ph34r.gif


Tiger Cookies. Damn, I should make some tiger cookies...
 
Orc said:
What's with the sudden I'm-too-cool-I'ma-badass-GBAtemp-celebrity attitude? Trying to go back to your failing roots?
If anything, I blame gravity. Or the fact that I'm not badass enough in real life. Whichever.
 
1. ever drowned ?
2. plan to jump of a train while it is moving ?
3. what about your dog ?
4. why the black mage ? what if it wouldn't exist and therefore only be the blue red and white one ?
5. want cookiez ?
 
pasc said:
1. ever drowned ?
2. plan to jump of a train while it is moving ?
3. what about your dog ?
4. why the black mage ? what if it wouldn't exist and therefore only be the blue red and white one ?
5. want cookiez ?
1. Almost, was saved by lifeguard.
2. At one point or another, maybe. However, I don't ride trains very often =/ Wait, there are subway trains, but that's just dumb.
3. What about my dog? She's a little shi-tzu, who may be a product of inbreeding, who became anorexic for a little while, so now she's too small to have puppies. But she's still cute, and I love her.
4. Black mage is badass. It has the same initials as BoneMonkey too, which attributes to it's coolness. Also: Blue mage is fail, cause it's totally a biter. (hypocritical? very.)
5. No, I'll bake my own.

QUOTE(Sonicslasher @ May 19 2008, 12:34 PM) What are your thoughts on religion?
Sucks in many cases, but if it works for you, use it to your advantage.
 
1. Do you like... ROFL?
2. If you post that picture, do you think that I will haunt your dreams for ever and ever?
3. Do you like chasing cats?
4. How's it going?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News