• Views 81,767
  • Replies 589
  • Likes 3

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no ifs about it. I always build projects myself and gave this one a shot literally 10 minutes ago. I had to grab libz just to begin building, and then it got stuck again. If it builds, it's not with devkitpro and I wouldn't run
You're wrong, it compiles just fine.
Zlib is required because update archive (TTP file) is basically ZIP archive with special header.
Just tried to build it 10 minutes ago. It doesn't build. Not with devkitpro r45, anyway. Unless you have some insight in libz configuration for devkitarm that I missed.

Reactions: peteruk

pcm720

Trophies
Website
pcm720.me
XP
Country
Russia
There's no ifs about it. I always build projects myself and gave this one a shot literally 10 minutes ago. I had to grab libz just to begin building, and then it got stuck again. If it builds, it's not with devkitpro and I wouldn't run
Just tried to build it 10 minutes ago. It doesn't build. Not with devkitpro r45, anyway. Unless you have some insight in libz configuration for devkitarm that I missed.

And I built it two mintues ago.
You need to clone SuperUserLib3DS to "./source/libsu" since KTM uses it to get kernel access.
I use latest devkitPro with latest 3ds_portlibs from devkitPro's GitHub

Last edited by pcm720,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I built it two mintues ago.
You need to clone SuperUserLib3DS to "./source/libsu" since KTM uses it to get kernel access.
I use latest devkitPro with latest 3ds_portlibs from devkitPro's GitHub
no I don't. It's already there because I used clone --recursive :P

I do need portlibs though. My zlib isn't quite right and that's what's stopping my build :/

Acryt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I ask because I honestly can't. I've tried using rxTools in inject fbi to H&S app and it doesnt work, I tried installing rxTools latest nightly and that seems to fail, PastaCFW and miniPasta seem to require 9.0

I'm sure I'm missing something but so far it -appears- I'm walled off.
Sysupdater can update as well.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@pcm720

x:/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.3.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: error: x:/devkitPro/devkitARM/projects/KernelTimeMachine/KernelTimeMachine.elf uses VFP register arguments, x:/devkitPro/portlibs/armv6k/lib\libz.a(inffast.o) does not
x:/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.3.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: failed to merge target specific data of file x:/devkitPro/portlibs/armv6k/lib\libz.a(inffast.o)
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/x/devkitPro/devkitARM/projects/KernelTimeMachine/KernelTimeMachine.elf] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by urherenow,

The_Jesus_2.0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ddurdle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait, seriously?
I can't confirm this, but if it's true (and I have no reason to believe it isn't) then please people, don't wait for JustPingo to keep making false promises and never deliver "tomorrow". Just be extremely careful and downgrade if you haven't before it's too late and 10.4 is out.

edit: eh, now that I think about it people have supposedly beta tested it. Either it must compile somehow, Pingo has a more complete version he hasn't posted yet, or he's lying.
I still don't change my stance. Downgrade if you haven't. Just be careful.

I looked at the source code yesterday and the payload parts that actually apply the downgrade is commented out. Huge segments of code. Either he commented it out to protect yahoos from compiling and installing on their own, or the code is not tested at all or doesn't work at all. Either way, it indicates there is no reason to wait for KTM

Reactions: mungry

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Christ, KTM and SysUpdater showed me how much people are pussies when they want to do something risky.

giphy.gif

NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN! IF SOMETHING DOES HAPPEN, THEN IT'S YOUR FAULT YOU DIDN'T TRIPLE CHECK YOUR FILES.

Pikasack

What is a title
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Christ, KTM and SysUpdater showed me how much people are pussies when they want to do something risky.

giphy.gif

NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN! IF SOMETHING DOES HAPPEN, THEN IT'S YOUR FAULT YOU DIDN'T TRIPLE CHECK YOUR FILES.

Sorry, I'm still cowering in the corner...

Anyways has anyone tried that precompiled KTM yet?

Reactions: DKB

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the more minutes pass by the more i want to use steveice sysupdater that aparently if you use the correct cias you will at least have safemode

Reactions: Wellington2k

RhythmCat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

giphy.gif

That's so true, lol.

Reactions: DKB

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!