Hacking ktemkin drama

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So....what I don’t get is...Kate is(now was) in the thick of things. She knows SciersMs work and his private and public plans with it. Her past work warrants that level of communication between them I’m sure. How could she not know to keep any X1 flaws quiet? She’s not a dumb person.

Reactions: TAUSENN

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So....what I don’t get is...Kate is(now was) in the thick of things. She knows SciersMs work and his private and public plans with it. Her past work warrants that level of communication between them I’m sure. How could she not know to keep any X1 flaws quiet? She’s not a dumb person.
She says she thought Google/NVIDIA were aware of this thing being dangerous, but it seems they were not. According to her she didn't mean any harm or felt she was betraying anyone, but it seems SciresM disagrees with that. I couldn't find any neutral facts to support either side in this issue.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think not dumping the whole private conversation when they started cherry-picking was actually very mature.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nobody, she won't get a bug bounty for an EOL phone, but I highly doubt she didn't get a consulting fee.

I still think he could have handled it better and not being a whiny bitch about it, but hey, I'm not him (thank goodness). People like that are what drives people from wanting to be a part of the scene.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

She thought it was known. On some level it was and Nintendo had mitigated against it.

But it seems Scries disagrees with what was known to what degree but now, for sure, nVidia/Nintendo/Google know about the flaw's applicability and will fix it beyond just software mitigation.

And somehow others found out about what was disclosed, possibly because Scires' code was given proper credit and its possible that Nintendo/nVidia reached out to him to thank him for his contribution.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I still think he could have handled it better and not being a whiny bitch about it, but hey, I'm not him (thank goodness). People like that are what drives people from wanting to be a part of the scene.
Again, this action was agreed upon with him by 8 other members. And who do you mean by people driven away from the scene? If you don't mean developers, I hardly think you can consider them part of the scene.

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wasn't NVIDIA already aware of any kind of exploits in any of the systems? They probably have someone looking out for this 24/7 (pretty much), so maybe they just haven't pushed a patch for it because it's quite a "minor" issue (seeing it doesn't affect their main graphic cards, like the GTX series or anything of sorts) because it would require a whole new revision of these, and seeing that probably damage has already been done + the demand for Tegra X1 chips are low (what i mean by this is, any system i can really think that actually uses the X1 is the Nintendo Switch, and although it sells quite a lot, it's really the only popular system available) i would believe they just are holding on for a while. I really do think everyone was already aware of this bug and already working out their patches. In any way though, i do think all sides were wrong - Both Ktemkins and the RS team, one for really sharing something somehow important to a corporation without anyone's consent, and in the other side RS really quite answered her with quite a lot of hostility.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes if 8 others agree its gotta be right. Facts.
I was refering to the claim that SciresM could have handled it better. Nine people agreed to do this, yet only he is getting shit for it. The only people who disagreed and left where her romantic partners - they can hardly be impartial.

We don't know the facts they had to reach their decision - they could be wrong or they could be right. I respect many of the people who sided with SciresM, so this is a difficult thing to ignore.

N0n@me

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How close are we to Godwin's law regarding this debate? The slavery analogy must mean we're getting there.
Much closer now that you mentioned it. I wonder how long until some does mention it unironically.
Sciresm is literally Hitler with the way he called out Ktemkin. /s
well that didn't take long.

Last edited by N0n@me, , Reason: Because

Paspain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
We are avoinding the fact about atmosphere is already whith no activity (in public at least no commits since a lot time ago) whith all that drama. Good strategy of RS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, doge is dead
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan: