Hacking ktemkin drama

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was refering to the claim that SciresM could have handled it better. Nine people agreed to do this, yet only he is getting shit for it. The only people who disagreed and left where her romantic partners - they can hardly be impartial.

We don't know the facts they had to reach their decision - they could be wrong or they could be right. I respect many of the people who sided with SciresM, so this is a difficult thing to ignore.
Thank you for finally, if unintentionally admitting to what I've been implying. There's no pure impartiality on your part. You have a horse in this race. Stop playing unbiased and just be out with how you feel damnit. Fuck the PC bro. Like I said I'm asking questions here because it seems no one has answers. And the ones that do don't wanna say. That makes the whole thing really messed up, and like I said earlier I feel bad for them both here. S deserved his credit in the find whether it be recognition or monetary and K isn't a terrible person like people wanna scream. And yes, the whole RS team should be looking at how they do things from here on out because its in the TEAM's best interest. You stick with your folks through hell or high water. When people in the team mess up they get punished within the team. Its the big brother little brother thing. Big brother can kick little brothers ass but no one else can. Period.

Reactions: DarthDub

SterneSchreien

Naughty One
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sciresm is literally Hitler with the way he called out Ktemkin. /s

Much closer now that you mentioned it. I wonder how long until some does mention it unironically.
well that didn't take long.

Here we go. Now that this is out of the way, let's resume the bickering. It's ironical, but it should do the job.

Reactions: oranginasprite

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you for finally, if unintentionally admitting to what I've been implying. There's no pure impartiality on your part. You have a horse in this race. Stop playing unbiased and just be out with how you feel damnit. Fuck the PC bro. Like I said I'm asking questions here because it seems no one has answers. And the ones that do don't wanna say. That makes the whole thing really messed up, and like I said earlier I feel bad for them both here. S deserved his credit in the find whether it be recognition or monetary and K isn't a terrible person like people wanna scream. And yes, the whole RS team should be looking at how they do things from here on out because its in the TEAM's best interest. You stick with your folks through hell or high water. When people in the team mess up they get punished within the team. Its the big brother little brother thing. Big brother can kick little brothers ass but no one else can. Period.
There is no pure impartiality period. I do not have a horse in this race, my point was that respectable people (with who I do not have any personal relations) sided with him - which I take as an indication that his decision must have had some merit.

I think it's fair to say that I tried my best to state the facts as impartial as I could, given the fact that I've had disagreements with SciresM before. I also stated that I belive ktemkin that she didn't mean any harm and I certainly respect her work and while I don't know her, she seems to be very friendly and nice. I'm not being PC, I try to state the facts and keep baseless accusations out. I do give my opinion, but I state it as such, so people know this is my opinion and not a fact.

I don't think SciresM cared for the credit, he wanted to use the exploit to investigate the new hardware that was not affected by the F-G exploit.

And again, the team you talk about did decide on that together. It was not the decision by just one person like you still claim it to be.

Again: we do not have the full facts. But from what we do know, it looks like a misunderstanding in which nobody had any direct monetary gain or ill intentions. We don't know.

Zhongtiao1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do so many of you guys care about this? There is always drama with these hacking teams. Too many huge egos in one place. Yes, they were a good hacking team, but it's not like they died. They will live to hack another day, just separately.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
We are avoinding the fact about atmosphere is already whith no activity (in public at least no commits since a lot time ago) whith all that drama. Good strategy of RS.
I can't believe they actually managed to top their last excuse for not having any progress on atmosphere, the absolute madpeoples hahahahaha!
The last commit was 12 days ago, that's not that long. CFW need a lot of research to be done before you can put your findings into code - did you consider that? Also, people have lifes and responsibilities. This is their hobby, not their day job.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no pure impartiality period. I do not have a horse in this race, my point was that respectable people (with who I do not have any personal relations) sided with him - which I take as an indication that his decision must have had some merit.

I think it's fair to say that I tried my best to state the facts as impartial as I could, given the fact that I've had disagreements with SciresM before. I also stated that I belive ktemkin that she didn't mean any harm and I certainly respect her work and while I don't know her, she seems to be very friendly and nice. I'm not being PC, I try to state the facts and keep baseless accusations out. I do give my opinion, but I state it as such, so people know this is my opinion and not a fact.

I don't think SciresM cared for the credit, he wanted to use the exploit to investigate the new hardware that was not affected by the F-G exploit.

And again, the team you talk about did decide on that together. It was not the decision by just one person like you still claim it to be.

Again: we do not have the full facts. But from what we do know, it looks like a misunderstanding in which nobody had any direct monetary gain or ill intentions. We don't know.
Its not much of a team if they kicked someone out over this. The initial message from S was that she stole his exploit and K earned a shit ton of money off of S's work. Looks like thats BS. But I guess since all of these "respectable people" stick by him then its ok. Again, I call complete BS.

Reactions: Kioku

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Its not much of a team if they kicked someone out over this. The initial message from S was that she stole his exploit and K earned a shit ton of money off of S's work. Looks like thats BS. But I guess since all of these "respectable people" stick by him then its ok. Again, I call complete BS.
You're certainly free to think and claim whatever you think, but its unfair to call me biased when I went out of my way to avoid personal feelings bleeding into what I posted. My statement still stands: we as outsiders can't possibly make a fair judgement of what exactly happened and who's to blame with the information we have.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we close this please? It's such a bickering pond of contempt it's ridiculous
Because I know Chary is gonna chime in with a response, there is not much point in closing this because people will keep discussing it either in a new thread or outside of GBATemp. Its not impossible to stay on topic so just ignore the few who do stray off, report them, and move on with your life.

andijames

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Because I know Chary is gonna chime in with a response, there is not much point in closing this because people will keep discussing it either in a new thread or outside of GBATemp. Its not impossible to stay on topic so just ignore the few who do stray off, report them, and move on with your life.
My life's fine thanks but just worried about the people who seem to spend their life intertwined with this. It's an argument between normal people which has practically been made into an episode of Corrie on here! It's school child level stuff. That's what irritates me. Maybe I'm getting old :)

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're certainly free to think and claim whatever you think, but its unfair to call me biased when I went out of my way to avoid personal feelings bleeding into what I posted. My statement still stands: we as outsiders can't possibly make a fair judgement of what exactly happened and who's to blame with the information we have.
Then why is it whenever someone issues a fair question or cross-examination of S's claims you feel the need to jump to defense but if K is scrutinized you seem to stay quiet or you seem to justify the persecution here? If you want to side with who you side with, idgaf. But don't issue hearsay "facts" then claim shit that you don't know for sure like her receiving compensation of ANY sort. IDC if you addend it with a (speculation) tag. Its still misleading. So my statement is more than fair. Again, back to the original questions from 10 pages ago,
1. Was the exploit patched by Nintendo?
2. Is there any proof of compensation?
3. Were the exploits truly known already?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My life's fine thanks but just worried about the people who seem to spend their life intertwined with this. It's an argument between normal people which has practically been made into an episode of Corrie on here! It's school child level stuff. That's what irritates me. Maybe I'm getting old :)
You're feeling old? I haven't even gotten my doctorate yet and I'm constantly facepalming every time I see someone beating the dead horse that is who was right, SciresM or Ktemin. If anything, the mods can just issue a few warnings here and there to try and help them back on the right path. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, you get BANNED!

Reactions: andijames

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Then why is it whenever someone issues a fair question or cross-examination of S's claims you feel the need to jump to defense but if K is scrutinized you seem to stay quiet or you seem to justify the persecution here? If you want to side with who you side with, idgaf. But don't issue hearsay "facts" then claim shit that you don't know for sure like her receiving compensation of ANY sort. IDC if you addend it with a (speculation) tag. Its still misleading. So my statement is more than fair. Again, back to the original questions from 10 pages ago,
1. Was the exploit patched by Nintendo?
2. Is there any proof of compensation?
3. Were the exploits truly known already?

I think I did exactly that. I said several times in all of my post mentioning her that I don't think she had ill intentions. I also stated multiple times that from what I saw she's a nice and friendly person. I have never personally spoken to her, so take this with a grain of salt if you want.

1. Not yet, it may be in the Mariko hardware that is unrelease to date.
2. Again, she says no. But she admits it happened in a consulting session with Google. Those are usually paid for, which is fair, since she's a known expert in this field and I'm sure her work is worth the money.
3. This is a difficult one. The "bug" itself was considered intentional behavior, the fact that this could be abused was not. Ktemkin claims she thought Google/NVIDIA knew this could be abused but it seems like they did not. I wasn't present, so I don't know. Other hackers have since come forward and said they knew about this, but it was never reported. Ktemkin and others say that she told SciresM about this suspicious part in the code and that he made the resulting discovery of it being exploitable. This can be interpreted as shared ownership of the exploit I guess, but they both refer to it as it being his bug.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Goodnight