Hacking ktemkin drama

LightOffPro

ユキオクン
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Without Aurora (Luma3DS) and with most of the "big" members leaving the team, this is likely the end of ReSwitched and the end of Atmosphere.

Hopefully the existing code leaks and something new arises, like what happened to ReiNand and Luma3DS.

What a fucking shitstorm.
We are fucked boys, time to turn to our saviors Team Xecuter.

Even if Atmos stays in development, without Aurora i believe that we won't have the full atmosphere build this year.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
She used it as part of an example of how they made some sort of bad configuration decision that enabled the exploit in the first place
Eh, I don't really care that much Tbh to dig deep to figure things out, or what happens in the end.
I'm just gunna sit back and see what happens and let the story unfold. We're on episode 23 right now right?

D

Deleted User

Without Aurora (Luma3DS) and with most of the "big" members leaving the team, this is likely the end of ReSwitched and the end of Atmosphere.

Hopefully the existing code leaks and something new arises, like what happened to ReiNand and Luma3DS.

Even if Atmos stays in development, without Aurora i believe that we won't have the full atmosphere build this year.
Except 85% of SX OS code is just copied from atmosphere and hekate...

Reactions: ByteBite

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How do you leak existing code that's stored on Github as open source? :creep:

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It also affects the Shield TV presumably, and maybe K1 devices (which would include numerous Chromebooks)

Chromebooks have deep hardware security features that would detect tampering. Shield TV, who cares? It has a bootloader unlock and it sits under people's TVs. Not really subject to real world attacks.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
"forbidden" to even talk about on the ReSwitched Discord.
Okay, but like, everything is forbidden to talk about in that server. Seriously.

This entire ordeal was handled so badly. SciresM should have stayed quiet until he had definitive open-and-shut proof. For being a lawyer, this was a pretty half cocked way to go about things. Because now he's only seeded unrest in his own community, and no one knows who to trust or what to believe. And it only devolves further with each passing second.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tweeted about this to a large extent, but at this point there simple isn't enough concrete proof on any side to properly form an opinion. I'd recommend people wait out on forming a solid opinion until solid (damning) proof is available. What we have here on both sides is claims being thrown at each other.

That said, no matter how you look at it, SciresM has goofed in some form. If he's correct, he clearly communicated poorly before enacting the ban (as well as doing it publicly). If he's wrong, he acted rashly based on misinformation and maliciously in his behavior afterwards.

For now, it's wise to wait until we get solid, factual evidence.

D

Deleted User

Okay, but like, everything is forbidden to talk about in that server. Seriously.

This entire ordeal was handled so badly. SciresM should have stayed quiet until he had definitive open-and-shut proof. For being a lawyer, this was a pretty half cocked way to go about things. Because now he's only seeded unrest in his own community, and no one knows who to trust or what to believe. And it only devolves further with each passing second.
like i said before, the only reason i knew about this drama is because he @everyone in discord. Still dont know why he thought that was a good idea lmao.

LightOffPro

ユキオクン
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Except 85% of SX OS code is just copied from atmosphere and hekate...

Nice stats, you got the source on those 85%?
Does atmosphere/hekate have the signature patches currently? The option to open the Gallery if you so desire to do so in CFW mode?
Not trying to be a TX fanboy, i am genuinely curious on the source of those 85%.

How do you leak existing code that's stored on Github as open source? :creep:

We both know thats there's a shit ton of resources that aren't on that github. They have internal builds.

Last edited by LightOffPro,
Reactions: DarthDub

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice stats, you got the source on those 85%?
Does atmosphere/hekate have the signature patches currently? The option to open the Gallery if you so desire to do so in CFW mode?

We both know thats there's a shit ton of resources that aren't on that github. They have internal builds.
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere

What are you talking about? They just updated the GitHub not 3 days ago. Even if they're working with new material, we have fresh code to work with. Atmosphere isn't vanishing.

Reactions: Kioku

LightOffPro

ユキオクン
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere

What are you talking about? They just updated the GitHub not 3 days ago. Even if they're working with new material, we have fresh code to work with. Atmosphere isn't vanishing.

I am familiar with the github, surely you must know that there are exploits and vulnerabilities that they do not disclosure to the public.
Just because a github gets updated doesn't mean that all of the work gets pushed. There are secrets, and there are internal, in development builds outside of that github.
This very thread started because of one of these exploits.
Did you know of the new bootrom bug before this drama exploded into existence? Because i didn't.

Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
*Before going to bed* Things look pretty bad but they can't possibly get any worse

*After catching up from where I left off* This wouldn't be the first time I was wrong
... And somehow we've gone backwards in progress... So, now it's even more muddied than last night. Send help!

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am familiar with the github, surely you must know that there are exploits and vulnerabilities that they do not disclosure to the public.
Just because a github gets updated doesn't mean that all of the work gets pushed. There are secrets, and there are internal, in development builds outside of that github.
Did you know of the new bootrom bug before this drama exploded into existence? Because i didn't.
Ahh, you know what, you're right. I misread your original post and interpreted it as there wasn't any code available. You're talking about unreleased exploits, and other affiliated items. My bad. <.<;

Reactions: LightOffPro

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Its not even clear if a bootrom bug even exists at this point. And if it did, doesn't seem like it really helps anyone right now as we already have FG and barely a handful of fixed Switches out there. Its redundant to us but would have been nice to keep secret long term.

Except Nintendo. They're probably pretty happy to know about it, so they can fix it too.

Rest of us just lost another bug.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @PandaPandel, irl or in the game?