Hacking ktemkin drama

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice stats, you got the source on those 85%?
Does atmosphere/hekate have the signature patches currently? The option to open the Gallery if you so desire to do so in CFW mode?
Not trying to be a TX fanboy, i am genuinely curious on the source of those 85%.

We both know thats there's a shit ton of resources that aren't on that github. They have internal builds.
The gallery code is fairly simple to implement. However, SciresM is doing something much better. (A framework for hb.... Anyways everything is on GitHub project page)
The signature patch isn't needed from a homebrew point of view, since they will be launched through the hb menu, through home menu (with said framework). Tho, I need to say they did nothing new (a kernel patcher for sig check, copied over loader/sim/fs_mitm kip from atmosphere, copied
Anyways
There's always two sides to every story, but I'd say @SciresM knows that what he did to @ktemkin is a bit absurd.
He hasn't really spoken-up about the situation (and he has every right to stay quiet), but I can't say I didn't see this coming.
Despite what they will tell you, the ReSwitched Team has been struggling to keep Atmosphere afloat and ahead of the competition.
I truly hope to be proven wrong, but as I have previously stated, Atmosphere is dying...and will die, if they don't get a real release to the public soon.
According to the information I was provided, there have been several questionable moves that have been "forbidden" to even talk about on the ReSwitched Discord.
Just to know what are those questionnaire moves ( curious to k

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the fuck? this progressed quickly. Anyway, the only thing I can add to the discussion is that it sounds like Michael jumped the gun on this one. If Ktem really didn't collect the bounty, then Michael handled the entire situation even more poorly than it looks like he did.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also wanted to say this in response to this post...
This thread has gone full circle. We started with the accusations, the response, the tit for tat, slowly putting the story together through random Twitter and Discord grabs, and now we’re back at the beginning again because nobody wants to read 40 pages.
... And somehow we've gone backwards in progress... So, now it's even more muddied than last night. Send help!
I would recommend either shutting down GBATemp temporarily or throwing some of those 502/504 errors that the site is known for to deter people from posting

Last edited by Draxzelex,
Reactions: Kioku

0x64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's always two sides to every story, but I'd say @SciresM knows that what he did to @ktemkin is a bit absurd.
He hasn't really spoken-up about the situation (and he has every right to stay quiet), but I can't say I didn't see this coming.
Despite what they will tell you, the ReSwitched Team has been struggling to keep Atmosphere afloat and ahead of the competition.
I truly hope to be proven wrong, but as I have previously stated, Atmosphere is dying...and will die, if they don't get a real release to the public soon.
According to the information I was provided, there have been several questionable moves that have been "forbidden" to even talk about on the ReSwitched Discord.

Ha...Always knew Atmosphere was in trouble. Anyone who has a bit of programming ability could see code commits have been stagnating and most commits have been superficial changes/code refactoring, at this rate and missing many milestones it won't release this year or any time soon.

Reactions: TiMeBoMb4u2

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ha...Always knew Atmosphere was in trouble. Anyone who has a bit of programming ability could see code commits have been stagnating and most commits have been superficial changes/code refactoring, at this rate and missing many milestones it won't release this year or any time soon.
You don't need to be familiar with coding actually just know theory about it.

I don't think I wanted to realise it but it is definitely going in that direction.
At this point we already have all atmosphere features (layered FS,hb), like some reswitched dev mentionned...

Yami Anubis ZX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not even clear if a bootrom bug even exists at this point. And if it did, doesn't seem like it really helps anyone right now as we already have FG and barely a handful of fixed Switches out there. Its redundant to us but would have been nice to keep secret long term.

Except Nintendo. They're probably pretty happy to know about it, so they can fix it too.

Rest of us just lost another bug.

Plus the fact that there's a modchip in the works means that hackers can use that to trick future switches into doing the same thing as previous non fixed Switches. Also I would like to add that even though Nintendo has increased the Nintendo Switch security tremendously, the very fact that the first iteration even has the boot rom hack means there's a possibility to use something like that through a modchip on future Switches.

We lost a way to soft mod exploit future switches but that doesn't mean we lost a modchip way.

tinysolderingguy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plus the fact that there's a modchip in the works means that hackers can use that to trick future switches into doing the same thing as previous non fixed Switches. Also I would like to add that even though Nintendo has increased the Nintendo Switch security tremendously, the very fact that the first iteration even has the boot rom hack means there's a possibility to use something like that through a modchip on future Switches.

We lost a way to soft mod exploit future switches but that doesn't mean we lost a modchip way.
What modchip are you referring to?

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This bootrom would be a loss to the modchip way, this and FG are both the same modchip/payload reliant bugs.

There's no physical modchip that alters anything other than just being a neat way to use FG.

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After reading 41 pages, I can conclude this is a swift drama. RIP my 600th message score count. :(

That still means the entire Switch scene is hampered and fragmented one way or another, which is a bad thing overall.

ByteBite

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
We don't know how far along Nintendo is with the new Switch revisions - they might be too far into manufacturing at this point to have this particular exploit fixed. We'll just have to wait and see how well they've been able to react.

41 PAGES?!? WHAT HAPPENED WHILE I WAS ASLEEP????
You could just read the pages instead of yelling at everyone about it, y'know.

andijames

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice stats, you got the source on those 85%?
Does atmosphere/hekate have the signature patches currently? The option to open the Gallery if you so desire to do so in CFW mode?
Not trying to be a TX fanboy, i am genuinely curious on the source of those 85%.

We both know thats there's a shit ton of resources that aren't on that github. They have internal builds.
95% of stats are made up. True you know. :)

zaku

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
Without Aurora (Luma3DS) and with most of the "big" members leaving the team, this is likely the end of ReSwitched and the end of Atmosphere.

Hopefully the existing code leaks and something new arises, like what happened to ReiNand and Luma3DS.

What a fucking shitstorm.
We are fucked boys, time to turn to our saviors Team Xecuter.

Even if Atmos stays in development, without Aurora i believe that we won't have the full atmosphere build this year.

hol up qyriad, kate and ayrora left. who else?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you count up the number of removed posts with the ones that have survived the nuclear apocalypse set forth by the moderator army, we're well over 40+ pages. If anyone's curious, I could try counting to see just how on fire this thread really is :evil:

Priyam

Trophies
XP
Country
India
If they don't release a build to public it will die? Am I reading this correctly,? Competition ? There is so much wrong in that post that I don't want to even try arguing it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: i am sad ugh