ktemkin drama

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by snoofly, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Nollog

Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2008
    Ireland
    I don't understand why everyone else would quit because one member did something or didn't do something seriously bad.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    clique mentality

although if it was false I could understand it then, but it seems pretty clear a bug was reported to a bounty program without discussing it with the person who brought it to the table, even if you say "oh but other people knew anyway so whats the harm" its still not a cool thing to do imo

Last edited by gamesquest1, Jul 13, 2018
  3. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    I'm sure some people quit, I know I would.

4. Nollog

Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2008
    Ireland
    What would be your reasoning for quitting in that situation?

5. hiroakihsu

hiroakihsu SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD

Aug 10, 2003
    United States
    On the edge of my seat
    Oh my...I just hope this isn't the death of atmosphere/deja vu etc.

6. Viri
    This message by Viri has been removed from public view by gamesquest1, Jul 13, 2018, Reason: cooling the coals to prevent another flame war :).
    Jul 13, 2018
  7. Maufeat
    This message by Maufeat has been removed from public view by gamesquest1, Jul 13, 2018, Reason: cooling the coals to prevent another flame war :).
    Jul 13, 2018
  8. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    Well imo, when stuff like this happens and things start to get out of control, I feel the best way to avoid it is to strip your name from a "side". I feel things were taken out of hand and I doubt we will ever know the exact truth from either side if one is lying or exaggerating. From what I see, both sides were "in the wrong", but that is with limited info on this matter and any talk about it in the discord gets people kicked. Tbh, I would want to get off of a target that people are shooting at asap.

-snip-

9. NO_ob
    This message by NO_ob has been removed from public view by gamesquest1, Jul 13, 2018, Reason: cooling the coals to prevent another flame war :).
    Jul 13, 2018
  10. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    keep on track, I would personally allow this lite stuff, but it quickly engulfs the thread with over opinionated BS :)

peteruk likes this.
  11. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    Well, considering I left their server a long time ago, I'd say it's cause of shitty moderators power abusing over small jokes members made in the offtopic channel. But this is getting somewhat offtopic though. Anyways, some people can only deal with so much negativity and feeling like you're in 1984 except in this case you get sent to the Twilight Zone (banned). You could probably ask other members of more recent experiences in that Discord server.

gamesquest1 likes this.
  12. kikongokiller

kikongokiller GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 12, 2017
    Australia
    SX OS is honestly a pretty worthwhile investment if you want backups, but I absolutely despise spending money and would rather wait for something free :(

13. Nollog

Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2008
    Ireland
    That's fair enough, not being able to discuss the issue is a pretty silly thing...

DarthDub likes this.
  14. sks316

sks316 Professional Shitposter (also I help sometimes)

Nov 28, 2013
    United States
    Windows XP background
    To be perfectly honest, after reading this and seeing how the ReSwitched team is censoring the discussion, I think I might ask to be banned from ReSwitched. Of course, I'll have to wait until the server's not locked down first.

15. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    Just don't go back?

mowsie and Subtle Demise like this.
  16. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    I would suggest people just take a step back and let the flames die out and see what emerges from the ashes, keeping the debates/drama going just delays the outcome

17. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    So, why haven't you bought a TX yet? They have no in fighting, they actually released stuff, and updated and fixed stuff quite quick. You can buy the TX OS for less than half the price of a brand new game. :P

18. Seriel

Seriel GBAtemp Psycho!

GBAtemp Patron
    Seriel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 18, 2015
    Antarctica
    Just click "Leave Server" and don't go back? You can even do that while it's locked down.

19. sks316

sks316 Professional Shitposter (also I help sometimes)

Nov 28, 2013
    United States
    Windows XP background
    Yes, but that still allows me to return. I'd be better off being banned.

20. HeroMines

HeroMines Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 12, 2017
    United States
    I'm staying to keep track of Atmosphere updates

-----a likes this.
  21. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

Global Moderator
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    This thread is silly and half of you are silly numpkins. ktemkin didn't steal any money, stop saying that this is theft. ktemkin was aware of a bug that was discovered earlier, regardless of who found it first, made a presentation about the bug on a completely different device and submitted it (or not, I see no concrete evidence) to a bug bounty. There was no monetary harm done to the original hacker who found the exploit if the original hacker never intended to submit it for money in the first place. We don't know if ktemkin got any money at all in return and we'll probably never know. If any of this is true, it's certainly dishonest, it's not acceptable scene behaviour, but it's happened before. It's not theft of money, ktemkin didn't rob anyone at gunpoint, if anything it's "theft" of intellectual property and labour, or plagiarism, something most pirates don't seem to have a problem with, so don't be hypocrites. All of you need to settle down, other mods are quite kind to the few offenders in this thread, I am not kind. Scene drama used to be contained in NFO's, but since these days it spills onto Twitter and Discord, we have the storm we're all seeing now. I want this conversation to be civil - be respectful of other members and the developers in question, stick to the topic and the thread will continue smoothly until we get to the bottom of this. Don't disappoint me, I don't take disappointment well. :p1ng:

Arcanuskun, Sheimi, elm and 6 others like this.
  22. HeroMines
    This message by HeroMines has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Jul 13, 2018, Reason: Don't tempt me. ~Foxi4.
    Jul 13, 2018
  23. tides

tides GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2013
    United States
    reswitch was never a "team"
    it was a bunch of random people who got together trying to hack the switch for their own selfish reasons

drama from toxic communities mmmmm

Last edited by tides, Jul 13, 2018
    TheLemonLord and Subtle Demise like this.
  24. rac

rac Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2014
    United States
    kate's twitter sheds a lot of light on what actually went down

Riyaz and Biff627 like this.
  25. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Well, this all could probably be a good thing for Atmosphere. Maybe purging everyone useless from the team/discord can be a breath of fresh air, and get things back on track!

HeroMines and -----a like this.