Hacking ktemkin drama

Hexalform

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah... and also it looks like her findings will be released soon for public viewing (can't find the tweet at the moment) because of a 90 day thing which is almost up.

And a few other members look to have stepped down, too. I'm totally on her side at this point, which is more of a misunderstanding than anything. This team is imploding.

Attachments

• twitter.png
    twitter.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 509
Last edited by Hexalform,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah... and also it looks like her findings will be released soon for public viewing (can't find the tweet at the moment) because of a 90 day thing which is almost up.

And a few other members look to have stepped down, too.
I don't see anything wrong there with what she did.

HeroMines

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not gonna lie, I'm kinda excited for ReiNX
This could be like the perfect time to just out of nowhere release it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'd switch(Ba Dum Tiss) to ReiNX in a heartbeat depending on what it offers and stuff

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Game Theory: What if Qyraid and Aurora(And Maybe Kate) go over to Rei's side to work on ReiNX?

Reactions: jimmyj and Jayro

snoofly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not gonna lie, I'm kinda excited for ReiNX
This could be like the perfect time to just out of nowhere release it
I'd rather see bogbooter make an appearance but yeah, every cloud and all that.
Rei or even the Brazilian MatrixTeam could step up and give TX some competition now.

Enlapse

Trophies
XP
Country
-snip-
On topic: I would like to reconsider my first post (I won't edit it), because I didn't thought about it. Is there any evidence of Kate doing what Scires said? I mean, it could be misinformation or just a precipitate decision. We shouldn't (as I did, my bad, though...) judge anybody without knowing all the truth. It could possibly be an error, or maybe not.

Last edited by Quantumcat, , Reason: Remove reply to deleted post

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Until we know more we shouldn't talk too much. I just hope they'll come to an agreement and/or say the complete truth. I also hope current development won't be damaged that much. (Unlike some people who seems to encourage the drama or sth)

Last edited by mariogamer,

NO_ob

Trophies
XP
Country
You will find below a transcribed copy of the now removed 4chan post. Anything in quotation marks is not something stated in the original image. And obviously there is only one person K is referring to. I used K because it is not gendered and applying a gender to it will not be tolerated.

Bogdanoff:
>My call came back
>K stole the code for an exploit too.
>Luckily K forgot to change a comment in one of the files that credits the original author.
>Nintendo saw this since K sent the files alongside an explanation.
>They contacted the original author and "someone" told everyone else
>"This next line is not GBATemp friendly and will not be shared here"

>We have secured the info about this bootrom exploit and bogbooter will release soon. It will be similar to b9s in that it installs to the boot partition.
This webm was posted on 4chan around 2 weeks ago hmmmmmm

softwareengineer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I can surmise, these issues *could've been worked out between Kate and
SciresM in DMs*, but he refused to take that direction, and instead of issuing an apology for a rash action, SciresM doubled down. This, in itself is not unforgivable. People on the internet make decisions and fuck up. What's really upsetting to me is what came after.

Now I am being a hypocrite? I agree it shouldn't have been blown to this proportion and the *whole thing could have been done in private*. But she already admitted in one of her pm with him that what she did was indeed questionable. She used somebody else discovery without even consulting him once. That is why I am trying we should see from the side of scires then we would understand that what he did( due to emotions)was indeed normal

It is well explained in this post I believe:

The ban might have been completely justified, the antics around it, the purposeful humiliation, and the handling that is making the team crumble were for sure not. *All of this shouldn't even have been public*, perhaps if they talked about it and let her know that she was going to be banned and the reasons, that might have been enough. And the communication should have been something as simple as "Unfortunately ktemkin is not part of our a team anymore. We will continue developing whatever. Blabla standard communication.", but including blame a shaming inside it just to feed your ego leads to the problems I exposed above, and are a sign of a childish lack of leadership skills.

To all of that 'just handle it privately and pretend it was "creative differences" or some crap' I say FU! So a person whos dishonest and untrustworthy shouldn't be outed and be let to go a betray others as well? No, you become a traitor and betray your fellow coders and coding group, then you deserve to be publicly outed and ousted!

This is a public project after all, with public code for the general public, how those conduct themselves and their integrity should not be kept secret or hidden only the exploits and code their working on until they all agree to release it at the proper time. If you don't want have to go by that, then gfto and develop your exploits entirely on your own! Because no one will want to work with you anymore now that you're know to be dishonest and deceitful and a traitor!

Yea three people said that b.s. and gamesquest at least got it right which I've re-iterated above! ->
but really if you do stuff all amicably and secretly you risk people not knowing what happened, and the "leaker" slipping into another hacking group to get their hands on more stuff to ethically submit to bounty programs

And I really didn't know who Qyriad was, but looking at the credits to fusee check this out:
"Fusée Gelée (CVE-2018-6242) was discovered and implemented by Kate Temkin (@ktemkin); its launcher is developed and maintained by Mikaela Szekely (@Qyriad) and Kate Temkin (@ktemkin)." Ah they seem very close, like two peas in a pod, like to traitors ousted from a coding group ;) Guess Qyraid agreed and wants to take a piece of that pie to no doubt that's why Q attempted to cover for her... Can't be a swindler unless you got some swindlers backing you up with more b.s. misdirections and excuses!

And those that are worried about atmosphere being developed, don't be, as you know its totally open and even if the worst case scenario happens we just continue where we're left off at. That shouldn't happen though and once things cool off and we mark the dishonest parties as unworkwithable and blacklist them, then we continue on towards getting that emunand up and running and other awesome features people are in need of! (We all know TX isn't going to do it, lol until after it's released by the community then they'll be like oh lookie here we just *eherm* developed an emunand too just by coincidence lol)

Alright this isn't the place for it but maybe in the atmosphere thread some of you guys request what other cool features you'd like to see besides emunand, I know you guys want emunand right? :D Lets try to along with expelling the bad, cut our losses and move this into a positive direction!

tiliarou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
For people wondering about KTemkin - being a dude or chick:

Obviously a male who now wants to be a female!

Why do you care ? She is as she wants to be.
Why do you have to open this stupid man or woman debate ? That's absolutely not the point.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To all of that 'just handle it privately and pretend it was "creative differences" or some crap' I say FU! So a person whos dishonest and untrustworthy shouldn't be outed and be let to go a betray others as well? No, you become a traitor and betray your fellow coders and coding group, then you deserve to be publicly outed and ousted!

This is a public project after all, with public code for the general public, how those conduct themselves and their integrity should not be kept secret or hidden only the exploits and code their working on until they all agree to release it at the proper time. If you don't want have to go by that, then gfto and develop your exploits entirely on your own! Because no one will want to work with you anymore now that you're know to be dishonest and deceitful and a traitor!

Yea three people said that b.s. and gamesquest at least got it right which I've re-iterated above! ->

And I really didn't know who Qyriad was, but looking at the credits to fusee check this out:
"Fusée Gelée (CVE-2018-6242) was discovered and implemented by Kate Temkin (@ktemkin); its launcher is developed and maintained by Mikaela Szekely (@Qyriad) and Kate Temkin (@ktemkin)." Ah they seem very close, like two peas in a pod, like to traitors ousted from a coding group ;) Guess Qyraid agreed and wants to take a piece of that pie to no doubt that's why Q attempted to cover for her... Can't be a swindler unless you got some swindlers backing you up with more b.s. misdirections and excuses!

And those that are worried about atmosphere being developed, don't be, as you know its totally open and even if the worst case scenario happens we just continue where we're left off at. That shouldn't happen though and once things cool off and we mark the dishonest parties as unworkwithable and blacklist them, then we continue on towards getting that emunand up and running and other awesome features people are in need of! (We all know TX isn't going to do it, lol until after it's released by the community then they'll be like oh lookie here we just *eherm* developed an emunand too just by coincidence lol)

Alright this isn't the place for it but maybe in the atmosphere thread some of you guys request what other cool features you'd like to see besides emunand, I know you guys want emunand right? :D Lets try to along with expelling the bad, cut our losses and move this into a positive direction!
And that is the selfish kind of behavior I am calling "childish".
If you are a leader you have responsibilities, you should think what is best for the team, not what makes your ego feel better.
One may kick and scream and give all the tantrums they want, but still at the end the lack of leadership skills and putting their ego over the wellness of the team if what makes their endeavor fail miserably. I.e. if you are going to lead, grow up! Be at least somewhat professional for a change!

Reactions: ShonenJump

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, I managed to sleep through all this and now 30-odd pages is just too much to catch up on.

My gut feeling though is that something is not quite right. This might go against the grain around here, but I'm gravitating towards giving KT the benefit of the doubt and that SciresM is doing his usual control freak type stuff.

This is purely my feeling (not even an opinion yet) and is in no way based on any facts or evidence.

Reactions: Deathscreton

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Happy birthday!