Hacking ktemkin drama

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd steal $200k from the rich scum that exploit their employees through capitalism in a heartbeat, then give the money to people that actually need it. It's been implied that Kate is trans, if that's the case she deserves the money. Surgeries that some trans people need cost tens of thousands of dollars and often aren't covered by insurance.

So, this man stole some exploit and sold to Ninty, she did the right thing to put a halt in the Switch hacking scene, the thing is still new and Ninty is a business trying to make money. He made some money in exchange for drama and people now hating their username is very much worth it ;}

hey look everyone, it's cancer
say hi to cancer

Before I post everyone stop commenting on what Ktemkin's gender is or how to refer to Ktemkin. Its making a lot of unnecessary work for Chary and is highly off-topic. And I am not saying this because Chary asked me too; I'm warning the rest of you for your own sake's

drax the fucking legend getting in on this

now after all that bullshit, my take

I understand Kate's point of view in doing this
It excuses nothing
Good riddance to bad rubbish

The fact that this thread isn't a total shitshow is a monument to @Chary and her infinite patience, so everyone please take a moment to tell Chary she's great
Keyword being total but you can't work miracles

I hate that this community has an undercurrent of toxicity that just bubbles forth anytime a topic even partially references a non-cisgendered, heterosexual person
It's so fucking disappointing, in fact, that I might remove all the edgy "i'm a shitposter, lol" stuff from my profile, just to not be lumped in with this
There's a difference between being against SJWs who censor opposition and shield themselves in a protective bubble of ignorance, versus someone just trying to live their life
You are making them look good by being so wretched. And that's about all I have to say.

Is there any chance of this bootrom bug being released publicly, now that it's been fucked? Is it worth knowing about, even?

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what does this mean? Our chances to coldboot or warmboot via software only on up to 4.1 have been burned or is still not reported?

I mean 4 the new Mariko that some ppl say part of the exploit still works on FW5...

Last edited by guily6669,
D

Deleted User

Didn’t that 4chan post also mention bogbooter was going to drop in like around 5 hrs from now?
Of course, how much truth there is to this is anyone’s guess.
It didn't. It mentioned that something would happen to ktemkin 5 hours from now that I can't repeat because it is just absolutely vile and even posting a quote of it would violate the rules. That's 4chan, everyone.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii Mini will forever remain the console to utterly trash all hackers. Wii Mini is truly the greatest of all time.

Yeah, there's no need for hackable wii mini, given teh millions, and millions, of BC Wiis, non BC Wiis, and Wii U'a with VWii's out there perfectly hackable.

Reactions: Deleted User

YigglyPoof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what does this mean? Our chances to coldboot or warmboot via software only on up to 4.1 have been burned or is still not reported?
No, it could even mean warmboot/coldboot up to 5.1.0. But it lessens the chances of having anything past that, or on the new switch revisions.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I know I'm playing Devil's Advocate here, and I'm probably gonna get flamed... but maybe ktemkin just did us a big favor?

We've seen these new "unhackable" Switches hit the shelves. This "new exploit" is probably applicable to them, and ReSwitched will probably end up releasing it soon now that there's no point in keeping it hidden. Now we will be able to hack these new Switches, and there's probably a decent amount of time between now and when the first Mariko units hit shelves, hopefully enough time to find yet another exploit. Or maybe she had doubts that this exploit would have ever worked on Mariko to begin with.

And instead of waiting forever before it gets released, we can benefit from this exploit now (or at least very soon).

I could be wrong, it's just an idea. Apparently she left the original author's name in the disclosure, and if I've heard correctly, she didn't receive any money from the hack. If she was really trying to steal credit for it, I think she would have been smart enough to remove all traces of the original author first, that kinda seems like a common sense thing to do.

YigglyPoof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I know I'm playing Devil's Advocate here, and I'm probably gonna get flamed... but maybe ktemkin just did us a big favor?

We've seen these new "unhackable" Switches hit the shelves. This "new exploit" is probably applicable to them, and ReSwitched will probably end up releasing it soon now that there's no point in keeping it hidden. Now we will be able to hack these new Switches, and there's probably a decent amount of time between now and when the first Mariko units hit shelves, hopefully enough time to find yet another exploit. Or maybe she had doubts that this exploit would have ever worked on Mariko to begin with.

And instead of waiting forever before it gets released, we can benefit from this exploit now (or at least very soon).

I could be wrong, it's just an idea. Apparently she left the original author's name in the disclosure, and if I've heard correctly, she didn't receive any money from the hack. If she was really trying to steal credit for it, I think she would have been smart enough to remove all traces of the original author first, that kinda seems like a common sense thing to do.
Or s/he is just a greedy backstabber and failed at claiming the money. The ladder is more likely.

Last edited by YigglyPoof,

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You're not incorrect in saying this. That being said, it was inadvertent at best, so no culpability for being a fuckwit is lost. I'm all for silver linings, man.

D

Deleted User

Unintentionally...maybe, but it would have been better to wait until whatever Mariko is was released.
The exploit does work on the new patched switches btw

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
People are obviously gonna use this as an excuse to call reswitched "evil" but honestly i think it's great that they didn't hesitate to kick her out after learning about what happened.
aslong as it's no one with in the inner clique, they won't hesitate ;P (hope this isn't considered flamebait, sorry if it is >_<)

..or maybe it was EOL and they didn't care? :O I doubt they spent much time on it
we know how to run backups, have to manually wire a modchip tho. getting an exploit to work, doesn't work, tried wiring sdcard(traces are there, just doesn't recognize it, needs custom Ios or something), manually installing Wifi Ios, and wiring wifi. These even aren't all the things we tried xP. but don't think no one actually tried much, cause we have :P

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@RHOPKINS13, I don't think that's anything in favour of the community...

If someone had something that they know that would work on last FW 4 example, and knowing a new revision is coming soon, the best is never burn that exploit early unless they know something even better.

Best 4 community would be waiting for the new revision and then finally offer to the community.

Community = leechers and leakers...

ExploitJunkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plot Twist! She was Framed!

Reactions: RHOPKINS13

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    mthrnite @ mthrnite: I want it