1. StormSilver

StormSilver GBAtemp Regular

United States
    lol softies

how can you have such thin skin?

2. WiiHomebrew+Snes

OP WiiHomebrew+Snes GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    >_> not wanting the nintendo ninjas knocking on your door is a legitimate reason to shut your doors down.

Rahkeesh likes this.
  3. angelo93

angelo93 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I've been going through the releases for Atmosphere, Hekate and Kosmos to see how to go about building my own setup, the only hangup I have is the that the reboot_payload.bin for Kosmos is bigger than the one that comes with stock Atmosphere. If anyone knows why and can explain, I'd greatly appreciate it.

4. CovidBryant
    This message by CovidBryant has been removed from public view by x65943, May 12, 2020, Reason: not an image board.
    May 12, 2020
  5. StormSilver

StormSilver GBAtemp Regular

United States
    > the scene got more and more toxic to the point where nobody of us has any fun keeping Kosmos updated. We lost so many great friends because they were bullied out of the scene

thin skin

Japermen and Nollog like this.
  6. JFizDaWiz

JFizDaWiz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    haha of course, i just upgraded from vanilla atmosphere to kosmos 2 days go.

7. WiiHomebrew+Snes

United States
    I still think it's mostly to do with the mario 64 release, but it doesn't really matter why they did it anyways

8. Naxster

Naxster GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    Wait what did i miss? What have Mario 64 to do with Kosmos is shutting down?

9. WiiHomebrew+Snes

United States
    Someone falsely said that the port was done by AtlasNX, and so the theory is that they don't want Nintendo to get involved and are sick of stupid things like that.

10. Itsuki235

Itsuki235 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Somewhat glad that Kosmos is dead.

fss0= style booting was an interesting hack, but one better off unused. Button remapping is now supported natively in HOS, albeit in a limited way, and Team Atlas was always stuck in between ReSwitched and Tinfoil supporters, two polar opposite ideology-driven groups, so they had people complaining to them 24/7 that they were too far in this or that direction.

The biggest reason though is that it will let the devs unwind and focus on what they actually like doing instead of what they dislike, which is better for them personally and, in the long term, the scene overall.

11. Kilim

Kilim ReiNX Official Dad™

United States
    dang it now i have to drag and drop files on my sd card without outside help >: (

Ghost92 and hippy dave like this.
  12. WiiHomebrew+Snes

United States
    I'm also somewhere inbetween that and do appreciate what they've done, but yeah hopefully there is a net positive of them leaving in the long run.

13. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    It's sad to see them go but other devs are going to leave too. Many people are too self entitled to free stuff hence Devs who bust their ass leave because they feel underappreciated and undervalued.

14. tom2199

tom2199 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Fss0 is still a part of hekate and atmosphere, kosmos had nothing to do with that besides having that as the default configuration. Which is absolutely fine btw, why would it be better off unused? It's perfect for using the featureset that hekate actually has together with Atmosphere, both benefit greatly from that. It is not a hack whatsoever.

RIP Kosmos. Taught me how to set up my switch, I'm sad to see it go it was a great pack for beginners.

Last edited by tom2199, May 12, 2020
    MassiveRican and VMM like this.
  15. Powerful

Powerful GBAtemp Fan

United States
    This is sad to see. Does this mean the patches updater that was released will not work anymore either?

16. Gabsbroni
    This message by Gabsbroni has been removed from public view by x65943, May 12, 2020, Reason: Off topic.
    May 12, 2020
  17. ChaosEternal

ChaosEternal GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Bummer. I've been using them since the start and they've always been hella convenient. Can't say I blame 'em though, this scene really does blow.

18. Stealphie

Stealphie GBAtemp Maniac

Brazil
    Tyvar1, nero99 and StormSilver like this.
  19. blawar
    This message by blawar has been removed from public view by x65943, May 12, 2020, Reason: Off topic.
    May 12, 2020
  20. Stealphie
    This message by Stealphie has been removed from public view by x65943, May 12, 2020, Reason: Off topic.
    May 12, 2020
  21. WiiHomebrew+Snes
    This message by WiiHomebrew+Snes has been removed from public view by x65943, May 12, 2020, Reason: Off topic.
    May 12, 2020
  22. StormSilver
    This message by StormSilver has been removed from public view by x65943, May 12, 2020, Reason: Off topic.
    May 12, 2020
  23. Kilim
    This message by Kilim has been removed from public view by x65943, May 12, 2020, Reason: Off topic.
    May 12, 2020
  24. x65943

x65943 Dr. Rabbi Prince X, Sr., Ed. D.
    Global Moderator

United States
    Please be civil

25. CovidBryant
    This message by CovidBryant has been removed from public view by x65943, May 12, 2020, Reason: racism / off topic.
    May 12, 2020
  26. Stealphie
    This message by Stealphie has been removed from public view by x65943, May 12, 2020, Reason: reply to trashed post.
    May 12, 2020
  27. WiiHomebrew+Snes

United States
    RIP this thread. At the very least, many parts "AtlasNX" will be kept alive seemingly, such as pegascape and sdsetup. I hope the future is brighter than it appears.

Stealphie likes this.
  28. regnad

regnad Button Masher

Really disappointed that there is such dickishness in the hacker community.

Also disappointed in people saying they are glad Kosmos is dead. Why would you wish ill on someone? Nobody is making you use Kosmos. How hard is being civil on a very baseline level? Jeez.

Last edited by regnad, May 12, 2020
  29. RY0M43CH1Z3N
    This message by RY0M43CH1Z3N has been removed from public view by x65943, May 12, 2020, Reason: not an image board.
    May 12, 2020
  30. WiiHomebrew+Snes

United States
    I agree for the most part, but also think that you can be glad Atlas is dead without wishing ill on anyone. as in being glad that the devs are sticking with the choices that they want to make.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Kosmos,