1. WiiHomebrew+Snes

OP WiiHomebrew+Snes GBAtemp Fan

United States
    https://github.com/AtlasNX/Kosmos/releases/tag/END :(

Edit 1:

Further Information has been announced on the AtlasNX Discord and elsewhere:

"Just popping in to say that I'll continue to independently maintain SDSetup, PegaScape, and probably switch.homebrew.guide (this ones a little tougher since we need a place for user support, working on that)." -noahc3

"I'll take over https://github.com/tumGER/BETCH since it's my work and I'd like to keep it going since it requires very little maintenance." -tomGER

" I will continue to update OJDS-NX (if my brother makes any changes to OJDS that requires me to update it), however beyond that I will not be releasing anything else to the Switch scene." -NicholeMattera

Edit 2:

It appears the AtlasNX Discord is no longer publicly viewable.

Last edited by WiiHomebrew+Snes, May 14, 2020
    Tyvar1, alexander1970 and Lacius like this.
  2. DesuIsSparta

DesuIsSparta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    RIP Kosmos. I loved how simple they made everything. I'm not really 'in the scene' so I never noticed any toxicity. Regardless, no devs that work that hard (and for free) deserve that disrespect.

veenx0704, Tyvar1, tom2199 and 4 others like this.
  3. ppkhoa

ppkhoa Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Anyone care to provide more info about what happened?

4. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Mexico
    @HarukoNX will the sigpatches still be compiled and all for use with SDSetup and Hekate after Kosmos' demise?

5. yikkyon

yikkyon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    People didn't know how to be nice to others online and developing things for the switch stopped being fun. It's in the github link.

zxr750j and slaphappygamer like this.
  6. ppkhoa

ppkhoa Advanced Member
    Newcomer

I saw that, just asking for more details? More than what's on their GitHub repo.

7. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Sweden
    The little I know is that it's been a long road of toxic sludge.

Tyvar1, Brawl345 and MitsukiUchiwa like this.
  8. w0nd3rb0yfx

w0nd3rb0yfx Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    :sad::sad::sad::cry::cry::cry:

Thank you very much AtlasNX for all the great work.
    It is very sad to end like this.
    Know that you have the respect of many admirers.

:bow::bow::bow:

9. Patxinco

Patxinco Riding a Shooting Star

Just seen this on their discord. This is very sad, Kosmos has been very friendly user and i wouldn't change it for anything...

Just hope devs get some deserved peace of mind outside the scene, you've done an awesome work for all of us.

Take care!!!

Tyvar1, MushGuy and w0nd3rb0yfx like this.
  10. Flying Scotsman

Flying Scotsman GBAtemp Fan

United States
    There's no reason for it yet. Rumour is both a toxic community, and because their Patreon was put into the N64 emulator readme to make people think they were the reason behind it leaking. A lot of people joined the server asking for leaks etc related to the N64 emulator (which Kosmos had no part in!) and started kicking up a storm when they were gagged or booted for spamming chat.

That's just an outside view of it however. I can't speak on behalf of the Kosmos team, and they haven't released a statement about it either so take it at face value.

There is also this tweet:

Which leads me to believe it could be a way of stopping Ninty from approaching them legally (even though they are effectively being framed for something they had no part in).

Last edited by Flying Scotsman, May 12, 2020
    Hashtastrophe and DesuIsSparta like this.
  11. swabbo

swabbo Wot u doin readin dis m8?

sounds like me on the way to my monthly bath

12. KeoniAzugon

KeoniAzugon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Sad to see it go. Respects to AtlasNX and may this help tone down the negative drama and unnecessary Bs in the Scene.
    *Sigh*

13. StevenStrike

StevenStrike Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    What will happen to pegascape ?
    There is no info about that in the announcement, will the DNS servers stay in place ? (i understand that you can compile it and run it yourself on your webserver, but for the sake on simplicity, and ease of access at any time.)

14. WiiHomebrew+Snes

OP WiiHomebrew+Snes GBAtemp Fan

United States
    That's what I'm most worried about :/ hopefully if it does go offline someone else can host it or something

15. noahc3

noahc3 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Just popping in to say that I'll continue to independently maintain SDSetup, PegaScape, and probably switch.homebrew.guide (this ones a little tougher since we need a place for user support, working on that).

Everything will be adjusted to remove AtlasNX and Kosmos specific stuff. SDSetup will continue to include full configurations for Hekate. I'll probably also add options for people who want to use fusee instead.

There are a lot of new features in the works for SDSetup and I won't be letting it all die today.

Edit: To clarify, I have access to all of the servers. PegaScape IPs won't change, etc.

Last edited by noahc3, May 12, 2020
  16. ppkhoa

ppkhoa Advanced Member
    Newcomer

From what I saw on their Discord server, after scrolling through channels, this might be it. Sad that my one stop for CFW setup is no more...

17. Frankbel

Frankbel GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    That's a pity, and I hope that they get back with new releases.

18. KuraudoSutoraifu

KuraudoSutoraifu GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Safe to say the straw that broke the camel's back was the recent Switch port of the PC port of SM64 that falsely claimed (or more like framed) AtlasNX ported it?

19. RHOPKINS13

RHOPKINS13 Geek

United States
    It's sad that they're down, but I'm sure someone else will either pick up the project or start a new one to take it's place.

I'm not saying it wasn't hard work to put together, but a lot of Kosmos is just packaging other parts together, aside from a few Kosmos-specific homebrews (Toolbox, Updater, Cleaner.)

I've been using vanilla Atmosphere ever since they posted their official release, but before that I was using tumGER's SDFiles.

And ReiNX received a new update a week ago, back from the dead. It would be really cool if they started making regular updates again, along with getting new features that Atmosphere and/or SX OS have. I doubt it, but it would be nice.

20. Y0sh1

Y0sh1 GBAtemp Regular

Ireland
    this is why we can't have nice things.

I have never used them, not even when they were called SDFiles, but still sad that they are giving up and trolls win again :sad:

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Kosmos,