1. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    It has sig patches as well and uses hekate instead of atmosphère's fusée payload. Hekate has more features.

tiliarou likes this.
  2. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    1. Atmosphere <---all CFW is based on a version of Atmosphere.
    2. Full Atmosphere <---meaning they include all modules, like creport, fatal, etc. Other CFW, such as ReiNX, does not include creport by default (although does support it).

I do not like that is says both, but I did not write the OP. It does seem a bit redundant. As someone already said though, the main difference with Kosmos is that it comes preconfigured with Hekate (preconfigured ini file), which is a superior bootloader to plain Fusee, even though Fusee gets updated first and is sometimes the only bootloader that works, and it comes with sigpatches, which enables piracy (or playing downloaded or backed up versions of the games). By default, Atmosphere does not include these patches and it does not allow you to play pirated games.

jammybudga777 likes this.
  3. WiseFool

WiseFool GBAtemp Regular

India
    Hey guys I am running my switch on an older version of Kosmos. I want to update to the latest version as I want to move to FW 6.2. I have disabled wifi so I dont think i can use the Kosmos updater from HBM. What is the other way to do this?

4. TPMJB

TPMJB GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Is there any way future updates can preserve loader.ini? Sick of having to set it back to my one downloaded switch game every time I update Kosmos.

It also downloads a lot of apps that I already have, so I end up with duplicates. Goldleaf, Appstore, Checkpoint. I just have them in different spots.

5. belisleian

belisleian GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I want that option too.
    Tought it was me doing something wrong.
    When updating Kosmo with the toolkit. The config file is back to default so Hekate will not boot Komos automatically anymore.

6. fourminute

fourminute GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The competition is hot right now, absolutely fantastic work from each dev team. You guys literally rock. Keep it up! There are some of us that truly do appreciate the work you do.

Ivellios and tomGER like this.
  7. tomGER

OP tomGER GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    >I just have them in different spots.
    Problem is that there is no unified agreed place for them so it's hard to place them in the same location - We however try to format it to either the creators or appstore's vision
    >Is there any way future updates can preserve loader.ini?
    Yes, Kosmos Updater has a "ignore file" feature for quite some time now - Take a look here: https://github.com/AtlasNX/Kosmos-Updater/blob/master/README.md

Just update manually by grabbing the github release and putting it on your SD

Thank you :) There is something even cooler coming very very soon

MassiveRican and fourminute like this.
  8. WallsAreLiquid

Newcomer

Russia
    What's the most correct way to update Kosmos offline? Should I simply rewrite files on the SD or delete some files from prior setup?
    I believe this was explained before, but my google-fu is weak.

9. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    Last edited by lordelan, Jan 25, 2019
  10. KTroopA

KTroopA GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Updated to 0.8.3 Atmosphere from SDcardsetup and getting a NCA error when I try to install a .NSP file in Goldleaf. I installed the sig patches too, what is wrong please?

11. Garrincho

Garrincho GBAtemp Regular

Uruguay
    So I want to switch from rajnx to kosmos (generated from the sdsetup wizard). Thing is, I have updated without burning fuses, from 3.0 to 5.1. Does the included payload have the option to boot cfw+nogc fuse check?

Also this wouldn't burn fuses on reboot to hekate, right?

12. tomGER

OP tomGER GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Yeah, deleting and writing is ofc the cleanest but overwriting works too I guess
    Yes to your first question (Just guessing, @jakibaki added it) - And yes, it boots to Hekate :)

No idea, try using the one from the release page I guess
    You can select a "nogc" option from Kosmos Updater but otherwise we haven't added support yet - You can however just add "kip1patch=nogc" to each boot option in "bootloader/" - There will be a better option very very soon, sorry about that

13. Garrincho

Garrincho GBAtemp Regular

Uruguay
    So just for clarification, I just need to add the option to the boot list, and nothing else? No additional files needed?

14. BaamAlex

BaamAlex CVE-2018-6242

Germany
    Yep. Editing is enough.

tomGER and Garrincho like this.
  15. dark7wizard

dark7wizard Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi, i updated using kosmos updater to atmosphere 0.8.3 and after the update my game carts no longer work and i get "the game could not be read" error. is it kosmos disabling game carts for some reason? the cart game was working right before i updated!

16. WiiFoundLove

WiiFoundLove GBAtemp Regular

Afghanistan
    Since we can now boot directly into CFW: Can I shut the switch down by pressing the shutdown button on the switch's top? Or will it still reboot into RCM when AutoRCM is enabled?

17. BaamAlex

BaamAlex CVE-2018-6242

Germany
    When you choose the "shut down" option in horizon os the console will boot into rcm. You can hold the power button fr ~12 seconds or use the hekate bootloader option "power off"

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

But yes. It reboots into rcm.

18. WiiFoundLove

WiiFoundLove GBAtemp Regular

Afghanistan
  19. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

United Kingdom
    Someone could make a "power-off" payload (same function as the option in hekate) and an .nro/.nsp homebrew to reboot into it, might be useful for autorcm users.

Zumoly, lordelan and Cyan like this.
  20. BaamAlex

BaamAlex CVE-2018-6242

Germany
    Why? Reboot into the hekate bootloader and choose the option there...

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - package, Kosmos, Hekate