Korean Wii with 3.2U

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by collectedsoul, Mar 21, 2009.

1. collectedsoul
    OP

collectedsoul Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2009
    India
    Hi

I just got a Korean Wii with 3.2U pre-installed with Wiigator Backup Loader. I'm no expert when it comes to all this but from what I've learnt, changing the firmware to a different region is not a good idea. The system seems to play games fine but the Mii channel doesn't work. I've read that its possible to fix the Mii channel so I might try that.

My question is a simple one. Should I give this model back and get a NTSC/U Wii or is this config fine overall? Also, if I do keep this system, should I get a Wiikey2 and mod it - would this make the system a good one?

2. dlxowhd

dlxowhd GBAtemp Fan

Dec 7, 2008
    United States
    personally i wouldn't touch a korean wii with a 10 feet pole.
    heard countless horror stories.
    i had a chane to grab one real cheap ($120 US) but i said no thanks.

3. afif95

afif95 I own a bungalow on Mars, and booked 4 corner lots

Nov 24, 2008
    Malaysia
    Malaysia!
    First of all, you didn't tell us what happened that makes you say the Mii channel isn't working.

4. OSW

OSW Wii King

Former Staff
    Oct 30, 2006
  5. collectedsoul
    OP

collectedsoul Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2009
    India
    Appreciate the replies guys. I decided I didn't want to take any risks in the long term so returned the system.

Am trying to get a US Wii now and will get a Wiikey2 to mod it. Only issue I'm facing right now is how to find a system on the net that does not have the black glue/epoxy on the drive. Any ideas on where I can find a Wii with the older non-epoxy drives?