collectedsoul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi

I just got a Korean Wii with 3.2U pre-installed with Wiigator Backup Loader. I'm no expert when it comes to all this but from what I've learnt, changing the firmware to a different region is not a good idea. The system seems to play games fine but the Mii channel doesn't work. I've read that its possible to fix the Mii channel so I might try that.

My question is a simple one. Should I give this model back and get a NTSC/U Wii or is this config fine overall? Also, if I do keep this system, should I get a Wiikey2 and mod it - would this make the system a good one?

dlxowhd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personally i wouldn't touch a korean wii with a 10 feet pole.
heard countless horror stories.
i had a chane to grab one real cheap ($120 US) but i said no thanks.

D

Deleted User

First of all, you didn't tell us what happened that makes you say the Mii channel isn't working.

collectedsoul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Appreciate the replies guys. I decided I didn't want to take any risks in the long term so returned the system.

Am trying to get a US Wii now and will get a Wiikey2 to mod it. Only issue I'm facing right now is how to find a system on the net that does not have the black glue/epoxy on the drive. Any ideas on where I can find a Wii with the older non-epoxy drives?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1