Konami will skip E3 2021, announces they are "in deep development on a number of key projects"

konami-logo-00-e1370540325110.jpg

Konami announced today it will not be attending this year's E3 expo. While that may not be very surprising given the publisher's lack of interest in the video game space lately, what may be more intriguing to fans is its announcement that it is "deep in development on a number of key projects," and updates will be coming on those titles in the following months. While no specific details have been announced, Konami owns the intellectual property to several iconic gaming series that fans feel have been underserved lately, such as Metal Gear Solid, Castlevania, Contra and Bomberman.

You can read Konami's full statement below:

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I thought they went into the Pachinko business. I played Pachinko a couple times while in Japan, but it wasn't a Konami machine. I think it might've been before they made that decision.

D

Deleted User

I want to say "holy shit, maybe this means we're gonna get Rising 2, or competent ports of Silent Hill games, or a revived Silent Hills, or a new Castlevania, or a new Frogger game, or a new Contra game that's actually what people want." Imagine that timeline...

Reactions: AngryCinnabon

relauby

Idiot Child
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You didn't mention silent hill

Rats, I knew I was gonna miss one.

I want to say "holy shit, maybe this means we're gonna get Rising 2, or competent ports of Silent Hill games, or a revived Silent Hills, or a new Castlevania, or a new Frogger game, or a new Contra game that's actually what people want." Imagine that timeline...

Frogger!

I knew I was gonna miss two.

Last edited by relauby,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I take this back. If Capcom can make Devil May Cry 5, the game that shouldn't exist, then Silent Hills and Contra 5 aren't off the table.

Last edited by ,

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didn't mention silent hill.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Needs more ass thunderbolts like circle of the moon :)

Now that's something I don't remember seeing. Then again, it's easy to miss stuff with that game's card system if it isn't immediately obvious. *Looks at subweapon crashes and the summons*

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I would shit myself if they remade not only the Zelda Oracle games on Switch, but also a third Oracle game to make it a trilogy. One can dream...

Oracle of Dreams? Sleep and Wake cycles could be a cool gameplay mechanic, Going into the dream world to fix problems with the waking world, and vice versa. I dunno, Nintendo hire this person.

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would shit myself if they remade not only the Zelda Oracle games on Switch, but also a third Oracle game to make it a trilogy. One can dream...

Oracle of Dreams? Sleep and Wake cycles could be a cool gameplay mechanic, Going into the dream world to fix problems with the waking world, and vice versa. I dunno, Nintendo hire this person.

That was Capcom.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated