Konami Announces Rock Band Competitor & More!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As well as Castlevania: Order of Eccblesia, which full plot, some screens & news of Wi-Fi can be found here.

Lost in Blue: Shipwrecked for Wii, due out Fall 2008
In Lost in Blue: Shipwrecked!, players will find themselves stranded on a mysterious island filled with lush forests, ancient ruins, and an active volcano. With the help of trusty pets and new friends, players can explore the mysteries of the island to find a way home, or make a new life for themselves and stay forever. Vibrant 3D graphics make the island environment, weather systems, and various items more life-like than ever. An island tutorial with a greater focus on exploration enhances the accessibility for new players.

Rock Revolution (Wii and DS)
Brought to market by the company that created the music video game category, with breakthrough titles such as DanceDanceRevolution®, Karaoke Revolution®, Beatmania and Guitar Freaks, Rock Revolution provides an unmatched rock experience. Breaking new ground with its definitive drum experience, Rock Revolution also gives players a chance to rock out on the bass and lead guitar. Designed by musicians, Rock Revolution will be available with the most realistic drum peripheral on the market at launch for the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.

“Rock Revolution will be the most innovative and realistic rock game to hit the market, that will provide a quality drum peripheral and music that players will appreciate,” said Anthony Crouts, Vice President of Marketing for Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. “As the originator of music-based games, we are dedicated to bringing fans a truly preeminent music experience. With Rock Revolution, we put the emphasis on the drum kit, delivering an experience unlike any other.”

Rock Revolution features an extensive music selection on the game disc, along with a wide variety of downloadable songs available at launch for the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 system versions of the game. Additionally, title offers a variety of innovative single-player and multi-player modes.

A unique aspect of the Wii version is the interactive use of the controls with the Wii Remote™ and Nunchuk for an air-drum and air-guitar experience. Rock out anywhere with the Nintendo DS version, using the stylus for intense rhythm matching sessions.

Rock Revolution is scheduled to launch this Fall for the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION 3 system and the Wii™ and DS™ video game systems from Nintendo.

Also mentioned:
DanceDanceRevolution UNIVERSE3 for the Xbox 360
DanceDanceRevolution Hottest Party 2 for Wii™
DanceDanceRevolution X for the PlayStation 2

They didn't announced it but recent Gamestop listing show Elebits 2: Adventures of Kai & Zero for DS. Nice to see them finally do a follow up (sort of) to Guitar Freaks.

EDIT: Rock Rev details on post #7

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
More plastic instruments occupying space in our houses!
hrth.gif

Seriously.. There should be some kind of standard compatibility for all those plastic guitars and drum kits..
sleep.gif

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG!! IS THIS THE ENGLISH VERSION OF GUITAR FREAKS!?? Sorry, I'm just getting really excited about this.. I lovedddd Guitar Freaks. So much more then Rock Band or Guitar Hero.

The build quality for Guitar Freak's guitar is sooooo much better compared to Rock Band's or Guitar Hero's too.

I can't waittt!!!

CockroachMan said:
Oops.. If the air drum is good.. I'm downloading it!

Maybe even buying..
tongue.gif

Their drum should be better.. at least that's what I'm assuming from playing the japanese version for the drums.. There's like.. 6 things to hit compared to 4 and a foot pedal thingy. Sorry, I'm not a drummer fan, not sure what the terms are.
tongue.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More details, screens & a video stolen from Games Radar:

Shipping with 40 songs including:

Chop Suey (System of a Down)
All My Life (Foo Fighters)
Falling Away From You (Korn)
Last Resort (Papa Roach)
Somebody Told Me (The Killers)
Dance, Dance (Fallout Boy)
Dr. Feelgood (Motley Crue)
Run to the Hills (Iron Maiden)
We Won’t Be Fooled Again (The Who)

- There will be downloadable content from day 1.
- At least 12 venues and 15 characters.
- The single-player game has two career paths, one for drummers and one for guitar/bass. Multiplayer can be played online and off in versus, co-op and band battle modes.
- A Rehearsal Mode lets players practice tough songs at variable speeds.
- Jam Mode features an 8-track recording studio where players can lay down their own unique songs.
- No vocals
- Drums have 6 heads plus kick. Drum surfaces are made from a firm but resilient rubber, and are based on the practice pads used by actual drummers. Quieter & springier than in Rock Band. Also scratch and water proof.

retouchguitar--article_image.jpg

10.130.9.209-image37--article_image.jpg

EDIT: More pics here: http://www.worthplaying.com/sections.php?o...&artid=2191
Drums -->
rock.jpg

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
jalaneme said:
more trying to cash in on this guitar hero craze, you watch next it will be EA with their crappy version.

Rock Band is distributed by EA. In all fairness Konami released Guitar Freaks almost 10 years ago, so, if anyone should be able to cash in on the guitar games success that should be Konami.

That song list sounds sucky IMO, I mean, the songs that are not in other games already.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NOO! My hopes for this game is crushed. It just reminds me of Guitar Hero.. nvm then. Not gonna get this anymore.
frown.gif
At least the layout is somewhat like Guitar Freaks.

silent sniper

!dennaB
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I want to see a GH clone (or Gh game) with just completely ALL metal (stupid rock, punk etc etc- maybe they could throw in some classic rock though, like led zeppelin, AC/DC, more aerosmith, etc).

edit: if there isnt, i just wanna see this whole "genre" collapse.

blahman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lagman said:
jalaneme said:
more trying to cash in on this guitar hero craze, you watch next it will be EA with their crappy version.

Rock Band is distributed by EA. In all fairness Konami released Guitar Freaks almost 10 years ago, so, if anyone should be able to cash in on the guitar games success that should be Konami.

That song list sounds sucky IMO, I mean, the songs that are not in other games already.

they seem to be combining guitar freaks and drumania together... which they also have done for quite some time now too at the arcades with the GF and DM machines linked up

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Something that really burns rubbers
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing a nice car will get you is a gold digger. What happened to falling in love, no matter if I'm on a bus, or driving a nice car. No offense tho, I do like nice cars.
    +1
    Nothing like tearing ass up on a back road
    BigOnYa I think narcissism has all but killed love
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I think I can agree on that.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People tend to think look at everything I have gains attention but ends up making them look worse for what it is
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It would be funny to pick up a girl in a real expensive car, then next date show up in a piece o shit car just to see her reaction. If she was real, it wouldn't matter.
    Everyone is disposable and replaceable, lies and deception are the coin of the realm. I have never felt so alone and so at odds with the world.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think we should see others as disposable just if they can show any glimps of care about humanity should be forgiven
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she would leave you inmediately
    +1
    For a time I considered creating a new big bang. Wipe the slate clean and start from scratch....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your closest friend probably talks negative about you the most
    +1
    I know I talk shit about that Ken guy constantly lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah I just had to consile it's a age thing and I can get erect
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Right.. Take a number
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Binkinator is still around you guys. I just saw him in one of the Discord servers that I'm in.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get more mad when they learn you aren't as dimwitted as they think
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that guy who was dissappeared?
    My favorite thing about that Ken, if they talk bad about others to you. They doing it to you too.
    Always remember that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    More or less then they drop you and blame you when you find out
    Well taking responsibility for their own actions would mean doing work and self reflection lol easier to just be a pile of crap rolling down hill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dont mean to be rude but what was so important about them?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, I dont mean to be rude but what was so important about them?