Konami Announces Rock Band Competitor & More!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, May 15, 2008.

May 15, 2008
  1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    As well as Castlevania: Order of Eccblesia, which full plot, some screens & news of Wi-Fi can be found here.

Lost in Blue: Shipwrecked for Wii, due out Fall 2008
    In Lost in Blue: Shipwrecked!, players will find themselves stranded on a mysterious island filled with lush forests, ancient ruins, and an active volcano. With the help of trusty pets and new friends, players can explore the mysteries of the island to find a way home, or make a new life for themselves and stay forever. Vibrant 3D graphics make the island environment, weather systems, and various items more life-like than ever. An island tutorial with a greater focus on exploration enhances the accessibility for new players.

Rock Revolution (Wii and DS)
    Brought to market by the company that created the music video game category, with breakthrough titles such as DanceDanceRevolution®, Karaoke Revolution®, Beatmania and Guitar Freaks, Rock Revolution provides an unmatched rock experience. Breaking new ground with its definitive drum experience, Rock Revolution also gives players a chance to rock out on the bass and lead guitar. Designed by musicians, Rock Revolution will be available with the most realistic drum peripheral on the market at launch for the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.

“Rock Revolution will be the most innovative and realistic rock game to hit the market, that will provide a quality drum peripheral and music that players will appreciate,” said Anthony Crouts, Vice President of Marketing for Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. “As the originator of music-based games, we are dedicated to bringing fans a truly preeminent music experience. With Rock Revolution, we put the emphasis on the drum kit, delivering an experience unlike any other.”

Rock Revolution features an extensive music selection on the game disc, along with a wide variety of downloadable songs available at launch for the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 system versions of the game. Additionally, title offers a variety of innovative single-player and multi-player modes.

A unique aspect of the Wii version is the interactive use of the controls with the Wii Remote™ and Nunchuk for an air-drum and air-guitar experience. Rock out anywhere with the Nintendo DS version, using the stylus for intense rhythm matching sessions.

Rock Revolution is scheduled to launch this Fall for the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION 3 system and the Wii™ and DS™ video game systems from Nintendo.

Also mentioned:
    DanceDanceRevolution UNIVERSE3 for the Xbox 360
    DanceDanceRevolution Hottest Party 2 for Wii™
    DanceDanceRevolution X for the PlayStation 2

They didn't announced it but recent Gamestop listing show Elebits 2: Adventures of Kai & Zero for DS. Nice to see them finally do a follow up (sort of) to Guitar Freaks.

EDIT: Rock Rev details on post #7

2. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    More plastic instruments occupying space in our houses! [​IMG]

Seriously.. There should be some kind of standard compatibility for all those plastic guitars and drum kits.. [​IMG]

3. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    Just added more info about Rock Revolution.

4. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    Oops.. If the air drum is good.. I'm downloading it!

Maybe even buying.. [​IMG]

5. Dingler

Member Dingler GBAtemp Fan

Denmark
    Video of Rock Revolution

6. Anakir

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    OMG!! IS THIS THE ENGLISH VERSION OF GUITAR FREAKS!?? Sorry, I'm just getting really excited about this.. I lovedddd Guitar Freaks. So much more then Rock Band or Guitar Hero.

The build quality for Guitar Freak's guitar is sooooo much better compared to Rock Band's or Guitar Hero's too.

I can't waittt!!!

Their drum should be better.. at least that's what I'm assuming from playing the japanese version for the drums.. There's like.. 6 things to hit compared to 4 and a foot pedal thingy. Sorry, I'm not a drummer fan, not sure what the terms are. [​IMG]

7. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    More details, screens & a video stolen from Games Radar:

Shipping with 40 songs including:

Chop Suey (System of a Down)
    All My Life (Foo Fighters)
    Falling Away From You (Korn)
    Last Resort (Papa Roach)
    Somebody Told Me (The Killers)
    Dance, Dance (Fallout Boy)
    Dr. Feelgood (Motley Crue)
    Run to the Hills (Iron Maiden)
    We Won’t Be Fooled Again (The Who)

- There will be downloadable content from day 1.
    - At least 12 venues and 15 characters.
    - The single-player game has two career paths, one for drummers and one for guitar/bass. Multiplayer can be played online and off in versus, co-op and band battle modes.
    - A Rehearsal Mode lets players practice tough songs at variable speeds.
    - Jam Mode features an 8-track recording studio where players can lay down their own unique songs.
    - No vocals
    - Drums have 6 heads plus kick. Drum surfaces are made from a firm but resilient rubber, and are based on the practice pads used by actual drummers. Quieter & springier than in Rock Band. Also scratch and water proof.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EDIT: More pics here: http://www.worthplaying.com/sections.php?o...&artid=2191
    Drums --> [​IMG]

8. teonintyfive

Member teonintyfive GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Greece
    Chop Suey? AW YEAH! [​IMG]

9. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    Sadly the songs are gonna be covers. Hopefully the DLC will have REAL songs.

10. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Now I want Rock Band: Castlevania.

11. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    more trying to cash in on this guitar hero craze, you watch next it will be EA with their crappy version.

12. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    Rock Band is distributed by EA. In all fairness Konami released Guitar Freaks almost 10 years ago, so, if anyone should be able to cash in on the guitar games success that should be Konami.

That song list sounds sucky IMO, I mean, the songs that are not in other games already.

13. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    Bad songs... Chop Suey isn't even a good SoaD song.

14. Anakir

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    NOO! My hopes for this game is crushed. It just reminds me of Guitar Hero.. nvm then. Not gonna get this anymore. [​IMG] At least the layout is somewhat like Guitar Freaks.

15. silent sniper

Member silent sniper !dennaB

Canada
    I want to see a GH clone (or Gh game) with just completely ALL metal (stupid rock, punk etc etc- maybe they could throw in some classic rock though, like led zeppelin, AC/DC, more aerosmith, etc).

edit: if there isnt, i just wanna see this whole "genre" collapse.

16. blahman

Member blahman GBAtemp Regular

United States

they seem to be combining guitar freaks and drumania together... which they also have done for quite some time now too at the arcades with the GF and DM machines linked up

17. Deadmon

Member Deadmon A Temper

Canada
    It's great that Konami is releasing this...but that means even more peripherals...