Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
425_gow.jpg

"Not only does SCEA's John Koller promise that 2009 will be better, but he also tells MTV Multiplayer to expect big franchise names to be announced next year. While console ports (or Hollywood blockbuster titles for that matter) such as Transformers and Iron Man have done well in sales, Sony wants to push for games that are not direct ports but expansive new experiences. Koller points to Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII which -- while part of a franchise itself -- expands the original lore and gives gamers a fresh outlook on something familiar.

Looking back at 2008, the two biggest and most successful names were God of War: Chains of Olympus and Crisis Core -- no doubt that "expansive" strategy Koller talks about is proven. From just taking a quick look at the all-time top five selling PSP games in the US and you can see a distinct franchise dominance in the charts. So what does this mean for original IP on the PSP? Does more franchises indicate a trend for less original IP?"

Source

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool. I'd love to see some better games on PSP that aren't ports. There's lots of very well done ports and, of course, the PS1 games, but some better originals would be nice.

Go PSP!
yaypsp.gif

xalphax

Internet killed the Ponystar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
its always "...'07 will be the year of the psp.....no no, revoke that, '08 will be THE year of the psp..... '09 will DEFINITELY be THE YEAR of the psp"

they should just stfu and bring on the good stuff without further ado.

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
xalphax said:
its always "...'07 will be the year of the psp.....no no, revoke that, '08 will be THE year of the psp..... '09 will DEFINITELY be THE YEAR of the psp"

they should just stfu and bring on the good stuff without further ado.
amen. honestly, this is just like the ps3.

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Game console makers need to start realizing the most powerful system rarely winz and are usually stuck with meh gamez.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Next year will be a better year for the PSP, more games are in development and sales are up. Same with the PS3. As DS owners we NEED the PSP to do better, Nintendo are getting complacent.

webyugioh

Trophies
Website
www.free-ftp.org
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
Next year will be a better year for the PSP, more games are in development and sales are up. Same with the PS3. As DS owners we NEED the PSP to do better, Nintendo is getting complacent.

100% agree.
Nintendo will start to get complacent if sony does not step it up with the PSP,
not to say I still don't love my PSP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)