• Replies 55
  • Likes 27

evanm18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theoretically speaking someone who writes homebrew code should be able to get the ARM version of Kodi or terrarium(dot)tv to run natively eventually? because the switch runs on ARM?

D

Deleted User

OP
theoretically speaking someone who writes homebrew code should be able to get the ARM version of Kodi or terrarium(dot)tv to run natively eventually? because the switch runs on ARM?

yes ofc but we would still need gpu

torrent_get

Trophies
XP
Country
Thinking aloud here. Would a port of openELEC be better.

openELEC is a just enough of an operating system KODI

Lakka uses the same principle. A version of RetroArch.

Reactions: dimkin

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because it doubles the effort. Not in coding (Watch this youtube video, of me launching a program I installed in linux), but in support.

I'm very much looking forward to a doubled effort in support.

(Thats the ecosystem play - you see SciresM say that they are working on hopefully designing an ecosystem - then you see three rando-coders running in waving their hands with untested halfbaked ports to launch HBL, and a video of someone installing a program on linux. Then ten people say its an amazing development, and then nothing happens - because thats the likely extent of where this will go. Unless it isn't. ;) )
I'll take rando-coders over "ecosystems" trying to ploy people into only one solution. Homebrew is cool but I think the ability to choose between HOS and Linux or whatever else comes later is great and I'm personally staking my claims on Linux after one of my units got banned, way safer here and I'm not personally a fan of dodging bans or whatever, too much of an uphill battle. Though I personally hope Hekate/others win over Atmosphere wins out in the end in the HOS space.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Yes, but. :)

I'm arguing from a standpoint, where people find it difficult to comprehend one solution, and a second one doesnt help. ;)

I you are contemplating a "healthy competition" - the one based on the switch os always wins based on "ease of use", and other criteria such as - quick boot into actual switch games.

In a perfect world - where a linux based OS could become the "daily driver" for most people - I'm on your side - but in practice it never turns out this way.. ;)

Maybe I'm too pesimistic.. :)

Last edited by notimp,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
On the contrary, but nice flaming.

Being "positive" isn't even a character trait.

Being "possibly too pesimistic" in an assessment, is a way to indicate - that you acknowledge the margin of error.

Which is small btw. Because most Linux forks still die in a fire - and dont get mass adoption - not even mentioning - porting it to a touch first device. That would then have you shut down the device to boot into another OS to play native games.

On a similarly personal note - you read self help books ("be positive!") dont you? Or maybe that lifestyle is now marketed through youtubers? I'm not privy to the recent developments in the "entirely esoteric" fields.

Last edited by notimp,

baretbh

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
On the contrary, but nice flaming.

Being "positive" isn't even a character trait.

Being "too pesimistic" in an assessment, is a way to indicate - that you acknowledge the margin of error.

Which is small btw. Because most Linux forks still die in a fire - and dont get mass adoption - not even mentioning - porting it to a touch first device. That would then have you shut down the device to boot into another OS to play native games.

On a similarly personal note - you read self help books ("be positive!") dont you? Or maybe that lifestyle is now marketed through youtubers? I'm not privy to the recent developments in the "entirely esoteric" fields.

Hey not flaming, just recently noticed how you normally deal with things on these forums and how you respond to people. You can be quite condemning towards others. Maybe that's just who you are though, who am I to judge, I'm doing the same thing :P

edit: words

Last edited by baretbh,

hipmp5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Even if i use a external compatible with switch usb sound card i can't get audio on linux?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-