Status
Not open for further replies.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm surprised I'm your most defining moment on GBAtemp.

I'd probably have been banned by now if I didn't smarten up when I did. It was summer of '10.
What made you want to help me, by the way? I remember when we started talking, it was in October of 2009 on IRC in PMs. You were probably the first person besides @omgpwn666 to like / stand up for me on this site.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm separating this question because it's the most difficult.

If you had five minutes in which you could speak to the entire world what would you tell the world?
Damn, man. You're really pulling out all the stops with these questions.
*sigh*
Let me see what I can do.

People of Earth,
I don't know you any more than you know me,
but at our core we are all brothers and sisters.
We all came from this one tiny planet
among the vast, seemingly endless void.
And here we are concerning ourselves with how to kill each other
more efficiently than we did yesterday,
rather than making an effort
to bring this needless killing to an end.

How does this possibly make sense?

I'm sure you think your problems are grand
and that they might justify fear,
and hatred,
and murder;
but your actions here don't have any consequence in the cosmos.

Even irradiated to the point where life cannot exist here,
the world will still keep spinning.

And what will be left?
Cryptic tomes explaining your justification
of why Group A
is better than Group B,
and lifeless husks of creation
that attest to how great we might have been,
had we only put our differences aside,
and recognized how similar we all are.

Your holy books try to describe why life arose here,
and yet so many of you seek to eradicate
the lives that aren't like yours.

And you call this "Righteous"?

You call this "Holy"?

You call this "Justified"?

Why?

What right do you have
to deny others the rights you demand,
simply for professing to follow one book over another?

You make no sense to me.

And if you make no sense to a fellow human being,
how could you possibly make sense to something greater than we are?

I get the feeling that an intelligent and spacefaring race would look at our world
and say "Fuck this shit, they're about to blow themselves to pieces!"

Because so few people are looking ahead.
So few people are looking around.
So few people are looking to the stars,
not for guidance; but as a destination.

We're alright, as far as intelligent species go.
But working together we can be so much more.
It's going to require humanity as a whole
to grow the fuck up
and get out of it's diapers.
To learn to wipe it's own ass
and take a little responsibility.
To look back at our past
and realize how Not to act.

Because if we can't do that,
we're all doomed to die on this little rock.

Reactions: 2 people

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do people ask so many questions, or is it just that I ask so few?
What's your favorite part of being a day-to-day Global Mod?
Least Favorite?
And, if you don't mind me asking, your uncensored, honest opinion of me, either as a temp member or as a person.

Oh. Stock theme or Dark for the site?

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
I believe your body is ready.
You feel being inside a tank is a safe place eh?
So what if, i had a raging boner, stuck it in your tank's slightly shorter but just the right diameter shaft, and came?
The game you've spent the most time playing is?
The hardest game you finished?
Weapon of choice?
What are you craving to eat rite now?
A song that left its mark in your memory but no one else seems to give a fuck?
Any quirks that you don't like about yourself?
What fascinates you the most?
Your desired career?
Favorite sport?
A movie you'll never forget?
If humans could develop 'powers', how would they go about doing so?
Do you think if we truly believed in magic, we would be able to harness it?
What do you hold dearest to you?
Greatest achievement in life, thus far?
What activity do you take pride in even though the average person couldn't care less?
Do you think that waiting for our 'first time', may it be a life changing event or not, to be perfect even though it may never come true?
You still in love with the first person you fell for?
What do you think will happen to us when we die?
Describe your closest life and
c204.gif
death situation.
Do you believe time bears it all away; the hatred, the sorrow, the regret?
What makes you happy?
What did you last dream?
What is your dream?
What do you think is your reason for living?
What is your greatest regret?
Your philosophy on life?
Should i continue asking my battalion of Q's to future KYT paticipants?
Why don't you carry on my legacy?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well I let this one run a day late mainly because I can. But like all the rest, this one needs to end as well.
Vulpes Abnocto, you are a Mod, so you can open this thread (or post in it when it's locked :ninja: ) whenever you want to answer the other questions ^_^
Now off to the next one! Paarish!

Reactions: 1 person

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh goddammit. I forgot that he died, sorry, man ;___; Salright. Though it was in April 2011....

Do you play League of Legends at all? I do not.
Watch any eSports? Nope.
Also, I plan to bring back shulater Just keep it in the Tempcast and I'll be fine with it.

I'm surprised I'm your most defining moment on GBAtemp. It seemed to surprise a number of people back then.

I'd probably have been banned by now if I didn't smarten up when I did. It was summer of '10. There was a good bit of talk regarding that.
What made you want to help me, by the way? I remember when we started talking, it was in October of 2009 on IRC in PMs. You were probably the first person besides @omgpwn666 to like / stand up for me on this site. It seemed like the right thing to do.
Why do people ask so many questions, or is it just that I ask so few? Some people are more curious....and some just like the sound of their own voices.
What's your favorite part of being a day-to-day Global Mod? Reducing warns.
Least Favorite? Trying to bring people to a compromise when they're arguing.
And, if you don't mind me asking, your uncensored, honest opinion of me, either as a temp member or as a person. I like people who are funny without causing trouble or acting out in order to be funny.

Oh. Stock theme or Dark for the site? Stock. I keep as many settings default as I can so that when people are having trouble finding options, I'm usually looking at exactly the same sort of screen that they are.
what never played the n64 OR GBA/C The N64 came out when I was 17 (GBC when I was 18) and at that time I was devoting much more of my energy into girls than games.
I believe your body is ready. Ready as it'll ever be.
You feel being inside a tank is a safe place eh? Here in my car, I feel safest of all. I can lock all my doors. It's the only way to live.
So what if, i had a raging boner, stuck it in your tank's slightly shorter but just the right diameter shaft, and came? Gunner, fire the 10mm cannon this guy is trying to plug.
The game you've spent the most time playing is? Morrowind. Hundreds upon hundreds of hours.
The hardest game you finished? World of Goo.....with all Obsessive Compulsive Distinctions.
Weapon of choice? Barrett M82.
What are you craving to eat rite now? Well I wasn't craving anything, but as soon as you said that the first thing that popped into my mind was sushi....Thanks a lot.
A song that left its mark in your memory but no one else seems to give a fuck? Alice in Chains - Nutshell
Any quirks that you don't like about yourself? The fact that I still smoke.
What fascinates you the most? Space. Without a doubt.
Your desired career? .....I've probably got the best job I could hope for, as a farm manager.
Favorite sport? Women's Volleyball.
A movie you'll never forget? Children of Men. It's not often that I cry over a movie.....well, not since Old Yeller...
If humans could develop 'powers', how would they go about doing so? Bionic implants would be my guess.
Do you think if we truly believed in magic, we would be able to harness it? Some people do believe in it. But I get the feeling that if magic were prevalent, lots and lots of people would die trying to learn it's usage.
What do you hold dearest to you? My mind. If that's ever gone, then I won't be long for this world.
Greatest achievement in life, thus far? Probably pulling the guy out of his burning truck. (see the story in previous responses)
What activity do you take pride in even though the average person couldn't care less? Raising a rather delicate breed of sheep in a region and climate they absolutely are not suited to.
Do you think that waiting for our 'first time', may it be a life changing event or not, to be perfect even though it may never come true? First Times are rarely ever perfect, though they may seem that way in hindsight. We're usually so inexperienced the first time we try something that we totally screw it up. First times are highly overrated.
You still in love with the first person you fell for? I am.
What do you think will happen to us when we die? I don't know. There's too much life to concern myself with, right now. So until I'm forced to stop and consider that, I probably won't.
Describe your closest life-and-death situation. Black widow spiders are very prevalent in my part of the world. I've found myself accidentally sticking my hand into their webs far too many times for comfort.
Do you believe time bears it all away; the hatred, the sorrow, the regret? Not all of it, but it does dull the memory of the pain. Without that kernel of knowledge we gained from those experiences, then the experience itself would be all for naught.
What makes you happy? Puppies. *smiles just saying the word*
What did you last dream? It's rare that I remember my dreams beyond the span of my morning cigarette.
What is your dream? That my fellow Americans will stop being so fucking delusional about their supposed greatness and destiny to remain the "best country in the world". There are great people from every culture in every country, and we need to hear about them rather than focusing on people from within our own borders. We need to realize how manipulated and controlled we are in our everyday lives, and cut those bonds. We need new leadership, and not from one of the puppets dangled before us.
What do you think is your reason for living? To speak the truth, and to be kind; Though the former takes precedent over the latter. Beyond that, I want to make people smile and laugh.
What is your greatest regret? Choosing previous friends poorly.
Your philosophy on life? Learn something new every day. Only the days when you don't are wasted.
Should i continue asking my battalion of Q's to future KYT paticipants? Yes, absolutely.
Why don't you carry on my legacy? Because most people won't put as much thought into their answers as you have into your questions.
do you trust your friends? Implicitly so, yes.
Are you my father?

9c8f4257-f10c-4681-bc2a-5ff2c93d2d4f.gif

Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill