Know Your Game - Persona 4

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I played the beginning of P4, but never went very far. I always feared doing something wrong, or not "in time" (as you have limited time to level up until it rains again) and get the bad ending, dead characters, etc.
But finally ended watching the anime instead and I liked it better.

I understand the game series is about social event, and the anime only pick one choice while it's left to you to interact with the other people.
So, my question is about that feature :
Do you feel in real life you have the same approach with meeting unknown people, knowing they can and will be part of your social circle and will provide (or affect) something in your own life? meeting people and strengthening their bond is giving you power?

That's probably the strangest question you'll get :P
Maybe I'm not clearly explaining what I want to say, but I often think about P4's social interaction when I meet someone new. I feel like making bond and winning experience, sharing that person's own life story helps building your own life.

Just to say, the few I played about that game affected my view on life. did it do the same to you?

Reactions: Red9419

Red9419

Trophies
XP
Country
let me rephrase it. Were you expecting there to be multiple endings to the game? i personally was shocked when i found out that getting the bad or good ending was based of this statement. I dont recall P3 having this hence why i was shocked.
Yes I was aware that there were multiple endings because my friends warned me about the bad and good endings. I was still scared that I would choose a wrong option and get a bad ending (which sort of happened on the last day of the game). Persona 3 only had 2 endings so it was easier to handle as a beginner.
I played the beginning of P4, but never went very far. I always feared doing something wrong, or not "in time" (as you have limited time to level up until it rains again) and get the bad ending, dead characters, etc.
But finally ended watching the anime instead and I liked it better.

I understand the game series is about social event, and the anime only pick one choice while it's left to you to interact with the other people.
So, my question is about that feature :
Do you feel in real life you have the same approach with meeting unknown people, knowing they can and will be part of your social circle and will provide (or affect) something in your own life? meeting people and strengthening their bond is giving you power?

That's probably the strangest question you'll get :P
Maybe I'm not clearly explaining what I want to say, but I often think about P4's social interaction when I meet someone new. I feel like making bond and winning experience, sharing that person's own life story helps building your own life.

Just to say, the few I played about that game affected my view on life. did it do the same to you?
Not a strange question, but it sure is interesting haha!
I'll be blunt and say I'm an introvert. Meeting new people and such fills me with anxiety. However, this game did "open my eyes" and notice that the people I have bonds with right now will be a part of my life for quite some time, like you stated. I'm still a young person, so I have more experience to live through. It's amazing how a game can bring up such topics!

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm also introverted and rarely meet new people. I have no friend and started (trying, forcing myself) to meet random people in my town this month.
After 40 years, I sometime feel lonely, you are young but I'm a little less, ahaha,
When I met and talked to these persons, they said things like "we don't meet people without reason" "People we meet bring something to our life" etc., and I thought about P4 social events.

Maybe I wouldn't have thought about P4 if I had a lot of friends and already a big circle of people around me, but it's the fact it's something new and telling it's making bond which made me think about it.

Last edited by Cyan,

Red9419

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm also introverted and rarely meet new people. I have no friend and started (trying) to meet random people in my town this month.
After 40 years, I sometime feel lonely, you are young but I'm a little less, ahaha,
When I met and talked to these persons, they said things like "we don't meet people without reason" "People we meet bring something to our life" etc., and I thought about P4 social events.

Maybe I wouldn't have thought about P4 if I had a lot of friends and already a big circle of people around me, but it's the fact it's something new and telling it's making bond which made me think about it.
Interesting correlation! Good luck on meeting new people, Cyan!

Reactions: Cyan

Deleted member 377734

100th degree asskicker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
have you played the Mainstream Shin Megami Tensei games as well as this ?
if so, how do you think these games ( persona ) are better or worse than the mainstream games ?
hardest boss in the game ?
best OST ? ( post it here )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Fucking lame. Thread viewed 1000 times and only one reply that doesnt even answer what I asked.