Hardware Knackered Wii... cheaper to get a new one or have it repaired?

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So 3 weeks ago, my daughter inserted a game disc and replaced my cIOSes with the stubs. I reinstalled them, and it's been working fine, but now it's saying the system files are corrupted (kind of, the message isn't rendered properly). I've tried booting to BootMii but I'm not having any luck; I think it may have been removed when the stubs were installed.

Anyway, does anyone have a rough idea how much it might cost to send to Ninty UK and have it repaired? I guess I have no hope of fixing it myself without a flasher? I've noticed the following problems:
  • It's been intermittently telling me the Mii data was corrupt (all the Miis disappeared a while ago, but we recreated them and have been using them just fine)
  • Since today, the power button doesn't switch it on. The eject button does, though.
  • The Wii was freaking hot, and in standby mode... it was like it was stuck in a loop or something and, because it was in standby mode, the fan wasn't cooling it down.

masher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So 3 weeks ago, my daughter inserted a game disc and replaced my cIOSes with the stubs. I reinstalled them, and it's been working fine, but now it's saying the system files are corrupted (kind of, the message isn't rendered properly). I've tried booting to BootMii but I'm not having any luck; I think it may have been removed when the stubs were installed.

Anyway, does anyone have a rough idea how much it might cost to send to Ninty UK and have it repaired? I guess I have no hope of fixing it myself without a flasher? I've noticed the following problems:
  • It's been intermittently telling me the Mii data was corrupt (all the Miis disappeared a while ago, but we recreated them and have been using them just fine)
  • Since today, the power button doesn't switch it on. The eject button does, though.
  • The Wii was freaking hot, and in standby mode... it was like it was stuck in a loop or something and, because it was in standby mode, the fan wasn't cooling it down.

Dependant on your budget, if your quick go to www.cex.co.uk they are selling pre-owened wiis for £37 which is very good! may come with some warranty as well.
or just pop to you local computer and video exchange shop

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Dependant on your budget, if your quick go to www.cex.co.uk they are selling pre-owened wiis for £37 which is very good! may come with some warranty as well.
or just pop to you local computer and video exchange shop
Yes, I'll do that. Might even get a black one, this time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo