Homebrew KitKat )And KitKat Slim) - Can't fix Whitescreen!

Nospimi99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just finished hacking my New3DS today (Firmware Sys 11.6.0-39U) and I got Kitkat up and running and have managed to have it connect but even when it connects, I just get a whitescreen on NTRViewer and I can't get anything to show. I disabled my firewall both in Windows Defender and normal windows Firewall. I added KitKat and NTRViewer to the exception to the firewall so they should be to bypass it anyway. I'm currently on windows 10. Any idea why this might be happening or how I can fix this please?

Also, when I first tested it it failed because Kitkat said "Make sure your using Boot NTR selector and loading 3.4" but the only options I have are 3.2/3.3/3.6 That failure message popped up when I used 3.6 but it worked fine when I used 3.4 Well, fine as in it said it successfully connected.

Attachments

• hQkckst.png
    hQkckst.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 859
  • uemZ808.png
    uemZ808.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 934

Nosrama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had the same problem and i've tested to stream on an another pc,it worked and then i've re-tested it on my pc and then all worked perfectly (sorry if my english is bad)

Nospimi99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it seems the issue has resolved itself. When I first tried using Kitkat Version 3.6 it didn't work and I tried downgrading to version 3.2 and it didn't work, but when I tried using version 3.3 it did work. By work I mean it actually connected but was a white screen. After trying everything including resetting console, my PC, turning off Firewalls, turning them on, readding them to the "Allowed" list, I tried using versino 3.6 of NTRCFW it worked just fine and it's capturing great.

Whatever, I'm not complaining.

Reactions: Nosrama

Nospimi99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also just thought I'd post this here too, if someone does end up getting it working but has issues with framerate issues on the bottom screen in particular with the capture do two things that helped me.

Turn off your firewall. When the programs are given exceptions that let them bypass it, the program still works, but for me the bottom screen lagged a lot. Once I deactivated my firewall, the frame rate shot up.

The other thing to change is make your settings identical to the image attached. It makes it the best quality for the smoothest frame rate. If you have a lower end PC you can tweak it a little so that Priorityfactor is 2, Quality is 80, and QoS is 100.

Hope this helps all those that find this post eventually!

Attachments

• settings.png
    settings.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 1,039

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, hey thats my line +1