Kirby's Dream Buffet announced, features multiplayer obstacle courses

Nintendo has a new Kirby game for fans this summer. Kirby's Dream Buffet has been suddenly announced, and is a 4 player obstacle course-centric multiplayer game, similar in vein to Fall Guys. Four players get to go head to head by rolling through the levels, trying to collect as many strawberries as possible, in order to gain the edge in the final course that sees them fight to the finish. Kirby's Dream Buffet will be out sometime later this summer, and will be a digital-only release, with no price point currently given.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
In this 1 minute video, Nintendo have delivered more exclusives than the PS5 and Xbox series in two years.

The bar is so fucking low for gaming right now.
Why is exclusivity the bar? Sony and Xbox are making more money than ever precisely because they've expanded to PC. I love me some Kirby, but Nintendo would be wise to consider doing the same, as most Switch games can be emulated well anyway.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why is exclusivity the bar? Sony and Xbox are making more money than ever precisely because they've expanded to PC. I love me some Kirby, but Nintendo would be wise to consider doing the same, as most Switch games can be emulated well anyway.
NO exclusivity is what you want as gamer. it gives healthy competition for innovation etc.. Now it will become a semi dry waste land. Watch my words.(as it is already) Atleast we still have nintendo.

Reactions: Sylx3

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NO exclusivity is what you want as gamer. it gives healthy competition for innovation etc.. Now it will become a semi dry waste land. Watch my words.(as it is already) Atleast we still have nintendo.
You may be mistaking exclusivity for competition and its not. Exclusivity just limits people's choices and developers ability to make profit from larger audiences. Limiting something to a console is in no way helping anyone besides the console seller who makes bank off of a developers hard work after making a contract that says we get a certain percentage because we allow you into our circle. This actually hurts competition because if a company says they can't sell on other consoles then that company has a monopoly on those games which leads to issues like a developer having to censor their work or being unable to support themselves because their game can be on a console whose audience won't wanna play on. Take the vita many good games died on that console but are coming back because PC allowed them to be found by a wider audience and made them better due to mods and other upgrades. Sadly developers who have died to those conditions won't be getting anything now even if their game sells. It's a shame exclusivity kills developers and competition for games, now for consoles yes exclusives help but only the console maker which doesn't help the gaming industry grow just the consoles makers wallet.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You may be mistaking exclusivity for competition and its not. Exclusivity just limits people's choices and developers ability to make profit from larger audiences. Limiting something to a console is in no way helping anyone besides the console seller who makes bank off of a developers hard work after making a contract that says we get a certain percentage because we allow you into our circle. This actually hurts competition because if a company says they can't sell on other consoles then that company has a monopoly on those games which leads to issues like a developer having to censor their work or being unable to support themselves because their game can be on a console whose audience won't wanna play on. Take the vita many good games died on that console but are coming back because PC allowed them to be found by a wider audience and made them better due to mods and other upgrades. Sadly developers who have died to those conditions won't be getting anything now even if their game sells. It's a shame exclusivity kills developers and competition for games, now for consoles yes exclusives help but only the console maker which doesn't help the gaming industry grow just the consoles makers wallet.
Plz tell me more how im wrong and how the entire game history isn't based on exclusivity. Nice and short.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Wasted opportunity to call it Gourmet Race 2
kirby-gourmet-race.gif

Last edited by JuanMena,
Reactions: krakenx

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plz tell me more how im wrong and how the entire game history isn't based on exclusivity. Nice and short.
Well since you've admitted your wrong I don't have to so there it is nice and short lol. But seriously what did you not read what I wrote or do you want me to somehow explain how monopolies are bad for businesses in general. There are better people and the internet for that one.

krakenx

Trophies
XP
Country
The idea is that for first party exclusive titles to be system sellers, they need to be good enough to justify buying an entire console to play them. Some of the best games ever created fall into this category, so we as gamers do benefit from exclusivity that way.

Just think about how much better Sonic was when Sega needed the games to sell their consoles. Or how good Mario World, Mario 64, Crash Bandicoot, etc. were.

Last edited by krakenx,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +2
    It's the Switcheroo
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's the Switcheroo