Kirby return to dreamland white screen

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by nano_crystal, Dec 31, 2016.

1. nano_crystal
    OP

nano_crystal Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2016
    Indonesia
    Please help me, i just bought nintendo wii ver. 4.2u but i cant play kirby return to dreamland the screen turning white after the warning screen. I have HBC channel (1.1.2 ios 58 v24.32),
    Neogamma (R9 beta 26 ios35 Rev.65535) and usb loader gx (V3.0c IOS246 Rev.65535) on my wii.

2. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
  3. nano_crystal
    OP

nano_crystal Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2016
    Indonesia

I dont know anything about ios , i just watch tutorial how to check sys with modmii. I'll post it again with the result. Do i only have to download the syscheck only on the modmii? Cuz this is my first time doing it.

4. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    You can use this guide to get the cios I metioned https://github.com/davebaol/d2x-cios/wiki/How-to-install-d2x-cIOSs-on-your-Wii

Some games need specific cios (custom ios), this is what actually runs the game. The compatibility list I checked said that you should use d2x cIOS249[56] v6

That is a custom cIOS installed on slot 249, using slot 56.

5. nano_crystal
    OP

nano_crystal Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2016
    Indonesia

Ok, thx. I'll try it

x65943 likes this.
  6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Use v8 or v10 though, v6 is outdated.

x65943 likes this.
  7. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    You'll want to uninstall that old USB Loader GX channel and get the latest one from the support thread in the backup loaders forum. Full channel isn't supported anymore and is outdated.

Return to Dreamland is "special". It can't have any patches applied to it.

8. nano_crystal
    OP

nano_crystal Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2016
    Indonesia
    hey greywolf i already run syscheck on my wii and it doesnt have ios 249

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

sysCheck

and i'm using modmii to update my wii and it suggesting to install a lot of ios should i just follow everything?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

sysCheck

and i'm using modmii to update my wii and it suggesting to install a lot of ios should i just follow everything?
    update modmii.jpg

i already download everything but i didnt update my wii yet

9. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    What it's suggesting looks fine. If v8 of d2x doesn't work with your USB drive you can get v10-beta52 later by going to download page "4" and typing "BETA" before you download "24956" and "24957".

10. nano_crystal
    OP

nano_crystal Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2016
    Indonesia
    I already update my wii but i still got the same white screen. I read on forum (i forget where, too much reading ) that "kirby" can be play smoothly with cfg usb loader. I already download it from modmii, sorry for asking again but how to install it? Thx b4.

Last edited by nano_crystal, Jan 5, 2017
  11. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Return to Dreamland runs fine from USB Loader GX. Wii games run under the cIOS, not the loader.

You're using an old version of GX. You need to uninstall the channel from the Wii menu then download the v5.1 Wii forwarder channel and the dol version of the loader.

Install the forwarder to replace the old channel and put the app files in /apps/usbloadergx/ on your SD card or USB drive.

"3.0c" is over 3 years old and won't be updated again. It's r1180 and the newest is r1262.

12. nano_crystal
    OP

nano_crystal Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2016
    Indonesia
    Sorry i'm a noob but can u teach me how to uninstall the channel (my gx channel can be launch without sd card)?

Last edited by nano_crystal, Jan 5, 2017
  13. John_Ice

John_Ice GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Here we go! Mama mia!
    You will need the full channel you installed the first time in your SD Card to uninstall it with MMM (Multi-Mod-Manager) or Wad manager. Or you can uninstall it with AnyTitle Deleter but it's more risky if you don't know how to use it. But don't take chance and uninstall it with MMM with the full channel you installed it. If need more help, just ask. After Install the forwarder that GreyWolf said to you.

Last edited by John_Ice, Jan 5, 2017
  14. nano_crystal
    OP

nano_crystal Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2016
    Indonesia
    But the
    But there is a problem, when i bought it there is no sd card inside the wii. Can i just install another usb loader gx ( i mean can i have 2 usb loader gx)?

15. John_Ice

John_Ice GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Here we go! Mama mia!
    Hi, so How you installed it the first time ???

16. nano_crystal
    OP

nano_crystal Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2016
    Indonesia
    Its already softmod when i bought it. Its already have HBC and usb loader gx

17. John_Ice

John_Ice GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Here we go! Mama mia!
    Buy a SD Card, it's really cheap, a 1 or 2 gig will be good.

After that, Download All-in-one package v3.0 (r1180)(OLD VERSION!) which contain the full channel WAD (USBLoader_GX_V3_0_UNLR_Channel_AHBPROT.wad). Use the wad to desinstall the full channel and after Download and install the forwarder USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder last version and Download the latest version apps which you will put on the SD Card. The folder on your SD Card for USBLoader GX will be like that --> \apps\usbloader_gx\ - So when you will start the Channel Forwarder, it will start the USBLoader GX app on the SD Card.

Use mmm (Multi Mod Manager) to desinstall the Full channel and Install the forwarder.