Kirby Dream Collection

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by herolegendmyth, Oct 1, 2012.

Oct 1, 2012
  1. herolegendmyth
    OP

Newcomer herolegendmyth Newbie

United States
    Hi, I am having problem with the Kirby Dream Collection game. When I play any of the classic game, it will always boot up the last time I exit the game. It doesn't just boot the game up from the beginnning and everytime I tried to play the classic game, it will start with the wii home menu you get when you press the home button and the game is left off right after the part I exit the game. What seem to be the problem?

2. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    I didn't understand everything, but I guess your problem is caused by the reloading system.
    Do you have d2x cIOS?

In USB Loaders you need to find an option called "Block IOS reload" and enable it.
    It should fix the "exiting to system menu" problem.

I hope that's what you wanted.

3. herolegendmyth
    OP

Newcomer herolegendmyth Newbie

United States
    I have the lastest d2x cIOS and the lasted USB Loader GX install. It just that everytime I pick a game out of the Kirby classic game, it will always start with the home menu and the game will start where I last left off. It doesn't start with the title screen.

4. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    Ah, I see. Like the Virtual Consoles.
    It's not a problem, I'm sure it's designed like that.
    When playing a Virtual Console, if you press Home menu and quit, it's saving the current state of the game's memory and it's restoring it when playing next time, leaving you exactly at the same place you left it.
    Most old games didn't have a saving function, I guess they are using this method to compensate the missing feature in some games.

It makes sense that they integrated Virtual consoles in the disc instead of remaking each game for the Wii.
    They just put the game's ROM inside their own emulators. It's faster to develop an anniversary game by not developing anything new ;)
    These games could have been sold on eShop separately.