'Kingdom Hearts IV' announced

KINGDOM_HEARTS_IV_logo_EN_rgb_wt.png

As part of the 20th anniversary celebration of the Kingdom Hearts franchise, Square Enix and Disney have announced that the next installment, Kingdom Hearts IV, is in early development. An announcement trailer was aired for the occasion:

In the announcement trailer, Sora makes a triumphant return with an updated look at the beginning of an epic new storyline titled the “Lost Master Arc.” Beginning with Sora facing off in a boss battle against a giant enemy, players are introduced to the Quadratum, a large, expansive city set in a gorgeous, realistic world unlike anything ever seen before in the KINGDOM HEARTS series. Fans will be excited to see the return of Sora’s well-known companions Donald and Goofy, in addition to the first appearance of Strelitzia, a mysterious new character who appears before Sora in this strange new setting.

Also announced today is the brand-new mobile game, Kingdom Hearts Missing Link, which is set to launch on Android and iOS devices as a closed beta sometime this year in specific locations.

Given that Kingdom Hearts IV is in early development, not much else is known about the launch window or the platforms it will launch on at this time.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

wiired24

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m actually really excited for this. Maybe it doesn’t come out til 2027 but I don’t give a damn. If this is any indication to what we’re going to get I’m all for a darker more mature/versus 13 esque Kingdom Hearts. 3 let me down. This might actually redeem the series for me. I loved 2. Here’s to hoping it’s more like 2 and less like 3.

A lot of us grew up with Kingdom Hearts. It’s about time Kingdom Hearts grows up with us.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
woo...and now that we have kh4 announced we can now get excited for the other kh games that haven't been announced yet but you know dam well will come out before kh4

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ah yes, another 20 years of delays, silly plot twists and and a dissapointing ending in 2040.

I love the franchise up until 3, until I realized all the time that had to past between 1 and 3 to give the series a "proper" ending. Not again.

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

As part of the 20th anniversary celebration of the Kingdom Hearts franchise, Square Enix and Disney have announced that the next installment, Kingdom Hearts IV, is in early development. An announcement trailer was aired for the occasion:

Also announced today is the brand-new mobile game, Kingdom Hearts Missing Link, which is set to launch on Android and iOS devices as a closed beta sometime this year in specific locations.

Given that Kingdom Hearts IV is in early development, not much else is known about the launch window or the platforms it will launch on at this time.

Be prepared for encanto and turning red crap to be involved lol.

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Don't worry guys. If we're going to follow Kingdom Hearts 3 from the day it was first announced (2013) up to the actual release date (2019), it only took 6 years. So, we can start counting now 2022 plus 6 more years and we're going to have Kingdom Hearts 4 by 2028.

Just keep on surviving until the day comes.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
How long will they continue to drag this story out for? This is reminding me far too much of Shenmue...like, the much-hyped and crowdfunded "glorious return of this dead series" Shenmue 3 was just goddamn filler, and the head guy originally wanted to have that be a SIXTEEN-PART series.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It's funny because the footage they showed reminds me of PS3-era E3 gameplay videos. I know it's development footage, and is "subject to change".. I mean it always is.. Doesn't necessarily mean it will. It usually doesn't, at least not for the better. So, here's hoping it improves drastically.

Reactions: Guacaholey
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Lots of toxicity here, as expected. I don't know what your problem is with Pokemon and Square Enix. If you guys want to play Call of Duty, nobody stops you.
Honestly, CoD's much better than this convoluted fanfiction, and this comes from someone that isn't into FPSes.
Also, welcome to my ignore list, corporate bootlicker.

Reactions: 64bitmodels

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto