Gaming Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep US save on EU game?

markdgx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay, so my little brother has been playing the US version (ISO) of Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep.
Now he finally bought the European version of the game but (ofcourse) his save files won't work.
He get's a "Corrupted Data" error when loading save files.

Is there any way that the US save files can be converted, so they are EU compatible?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
The only thing you can possibly try is SGDeemer....it may (or may not) work in allowing the save to work in a different region, depending upon how different the ISO composition is.

markdgx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
xist said:
The only thing you can possibly try is SGDeemer....it may (or may not) work in allowing the save to work in a different region, depending upon how different the ISO composition is.
Okay, so I downloaded SGDeemer, enabled it and saved the files again so they are in the SAVEPLAIN folder.
But what do I do after that? I've got 3 folders in the SAVEPLAIN directory, all containing .bin files.

EDIT: Nvm, opened them up in hexedit, changed the region thing, but it's still giving the "Corrupted Data" error.

DarkDusk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's one important point you have to take note. The above method will only work for 1 savefile at a time. If you have multiple save files, then you have to migrate each savefile one by one. That means multiplying the below procedure by the number of save files you want to migrate.

Saving in savefile 1 for US version-> create saveplain files-> saving in savefile 1 in EU version-> create saveplain files-> transfer sddata.bin in US saveplain to Eu saveplain -> loading and saving in savefile 1 in EU version -> End

DarkDusk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should maybe point out that I meant multiple savefiles of the same game. I've tried it before, and after creating the 1st saveplain file from the 1st savefile, I couldn't create a 2nd saveplain file from my second savefile without overwriting my 1st saveplain file. I would have expected the program to create a new saveplain file of a different name.

Anyway, I was just listing a mistake I've once made hoping that a newbie would avoid doing that, no matter how obvious it is. Can't fault me for that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one