Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep US save on EU game?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by jorpor, Sep 11, 2010.

Sep 11, 2010
  1. jorpor
    OP

Newcomer jorpor Advanced Member

Netherlands
    Okay, so my little brother has been playing the US version (ISO) of Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep.
    Now he finally bought the European version of the game but (ofcourse) his save files won't work.
    He get's a "Corrupted Data" error when loading save files.

Is there any way that the US save files can be converted, so they are EU compatible?

2. Ryufushichou

Member Ryufushichou I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!

Australia
    i dont think its possible jorpor sorry.

3. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    The only thing you can possibly try is SGDeemer....it may (or may not) work in allowing the save to work in a different region, depending upon how different the ISO composition is.

4. jorpor
    OP

Newcomer jorpor Advanced Member

Netherlands
    Okay, so I downloaded SGDeemer, enabled it and saved the files again so they are in the SAVEPLAIN folder.
    But what do I do after that? I've got 3 folders in the SAVEPLAIN directory, all containing .bin files.

EDIT: Nvm, opened them up in hexedit, changed the region thing, but it's still giving the "Corrupted Data" error.

5. xist

United Kingdom
  6. DarkDusk

Newcomer DarkDusk Member

United States
    There's one important point you have to take note. The above method will only work for 1 savefile at a time. If you have multiple save files, then you have to migrate each savefile one by one. That means multiplying the below procedure by the number of save files you want to migrate.

Saving in savefile 1 for US version-> create saveplain files-> saving in savefile 1 in EU version-> create saveplain files-> transfer sddata.bin in US saveplain to Eu saveplain -> loading and saving in savefile 1 in EU version -> End

7. xist

United Kingdom
    Important? Isn't that obvious?

8. DarkDusk

Newcomer DarkDusk Member

United States
    I should maybe point out that I meant multiple savefiles of the same game. I've tried it before, and after creating the 1st saveplain file from the 1st savefile, I couldn't create a 2nd saveplain file from my second savefile without overwriting my 1st saveplain file. I would have expected the program to create a new saveplain file of a different name.

Anyway, I was just listing a mistake I've once made hoping that a newbie would avoid doing that, no matter how obvious it is. Can't fault me for that.