Misc Friday the 13th: The Game: Now that it's going to be delisted, will there be any Custom Save Files??

Saikoro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While the writing was on the wall for a while, being a fan of this neat little game stings a bit knowing it's essentially a digital paperweight once the year is up. The whole legal debacle of Friday the 13th sucks, and us fans are suffering overall.

So the point of making this thread is to ask this question, although I have a feeling I already know the answer:

Will there be any custom Save Files to retain the ability to play as various Jasons once the Servers are shut down??

The chances of this are indeed slim, BUT, there's a lot of communities and tools out there (like, say, Mods and Save Tools for Tears of the Kingdom) but F13th is more of a niche thing. And obviously a different beast than TotK, I.E. technical things like different save/file structures, etc..

I'm essentially a fan who really doesn't want to lose the ability to still enjoy something once it's shut off. As it stands, playing F13th via Yuzu offline is terribly barebones (only two Jasons available and the rest are locked). While I do own it on X-Box, it would be nice to have an archived backup, just in case. You never know.

Would anyone have the technical know how if a custom or even a shared Save File would be possible??

Thank you in advance!!

Reactions: BigOnYa

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While the writing was on the wall for a while, being a fan of this neat little game stings a bit knowing it's essentially a digital paperweight once the year is up. The whole legal debacle of Friday the 13th sucks, and us fans are suffering overall.

So the point of making this thread is to ask this question, although I have a feeling I already know the answer:

Will there be any custom Save Files to retain the ability to play as various Jasons once the Servers are shut down??

The chances of this are indeed slim, BUT, there's a lot of communities and tools out there (like, say, Mods and Save Tools for Tears of the Kingdom) but F13th is more of a niche thing. And obviously a different beast than TotK, I.E. technical things like different save/file structures, etc..

I'm essentially a fan who really doesn't want to lose the ability to still enjoy something once it's shut off. As it stands, playing F13th via Yuzu offline is terribly barebones (only two Jasons available and the rest are locked). While I do own it on X-Box, it would be nice to have an archived backup, just in case. You never know.

Would anyone have the technical know how if a custom or even a shared Save File would be possible??

Thank you in advance!!
Ha until the DRM is cracked there is nothing

Reactions: Saikoro

Saikoro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ha until the DRM is cracked there is nothing
Well shit...

I didn't realize DRM would be an issue. My mindset was DRM was tied specifically to the PC Version. Now that you mention it, being Server based makes sense in that regard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto