Dark Blade

Flippin' Insane
Trophies
XP
Country
Rockstar said:
i still cant sleep...
frown.gif
Lame...just hit yourself with a baseball bat..PROFIT!

psychospacefish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Here are my thoughts, copied and pasted from another forum.

It's not a decryption issue with the EBOOT for sure, but I think it's definitely a decryption issue. If you look at BBS1.DAT (BBS2.DAT and BBS3.DAT as well) in a hex editor, you'll notice they start of with a the header 00504744 (PGD). This is the same header for an encrypted ISO stored in a PSN download.

Now this is just me guessing, but the method of encryption for PSN downloads (which is doubtless the same encryption being used here) uses the act.dat in the flash to decrypt the needed content so that it's tied to the PSP. However, since this content hasn't been encrypted for a single PSP, the common decryption key must be somewhere. My guess is OPNSSMP.BIN has something to do with it, or maybe there's a new UMD encryption key that's stored on the 6.20 firmware. It could be possible that the three DAT files are dummies (though it's unlikely considering the game) and the crash is due to a new custom firmware check. I have no idea how to get a debugger running on the PSP, or if there even are any decent debuggers that work on commercial games, so I can't investigate much further.

Fat Cow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KHfan1 said:
SFenton said:
The UMD will still work though, right? I want to buy it.

With the umd and its iso you can run under the cfw no problem

Its iso meaning japanese iso - japanese UMD
NA iso - NA UMD

which cfw was this tested on? I buy my games for collecting purpose but play iso for faster loading time and remotejoy and cwcheat, and since this game has install option I don't mind playing umd copy as long as it runs on cfw.

khrmp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IchigoK2031 said:
yeah but the file we are having problems with that is causing pain and suffering and frowny faces is eboot.bin.. not eboot.pbp
Games downloaded from PSN come in "eboot.pbp" format. PSX games converted from iso for psp also come in "eboot.pbp" format.

The idea I think is if the PSP iso can be converted to an eboot.pbp file, then the game can run on the MS solely. Just like any downloaded games or demos.

xxJesusChristss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If something is happening at 2ch, it's mostly "the fishing". Something which someone would give us doesn't work at all.
So please don't think about anything until some files was uploaded truely.

LATIOS MASTER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same here pm me the eboot as well.
Also on a side note it looks like the security is not the usual protection but a special checksum? hiden? i dont know.

nemofunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would ask for the eboot but I dont have a way to repack the iso with the new eboot cause Im on a mac and dont have any way of running windows programs so if anyone knows of a mac program that can do this let me know

KHfan1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fat Cow said:
KHfan1 said:
SFenton said:
The UMD will still work though, right? I want to buy it.

With the umd and its iso you can run under the cfw no problem

Its iso meaning japanese iso - japanese UMD
NA iso - NA UMD

which cfw was this tested on? I buy my games for collecting purpose but play iso for faster loading time and remotejoy and cwcheat, and since this game has install option I don't mind playing umd copy as long as it runs on cfw.

Supposedly it works with any cfw where the red box appears, so my gen-A from chickhen on my 3000 should work

Gogetagt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just want to remember this ... a game like Birth by Sleep not for the PSN ... there must mean something if we can't download it to our memory stick...

KHfan1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IchigoK2031 said:
mmmk this is what I've done:

new EBOOT.bin
psplink.prx
bbs save data

3 minutes till on my psp...
You are using psplink, do you get to the second red box screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since