Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance TGS gameplay

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bump this via double post, but i posted a major new update to the first post. The other part of the demo shown at TGS has been shown. Sora's demo footage is now available. Riku's has been moved to the spoiler warnings to save space. Please watch the video, new footage!
biggrin.gif

Byronic Hero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great. Now I'm discouraged with the fact that we (NA) won't see this game until 2013, based on how long it took them to localize BBS. I really wish they treated KH like they do FF, and get us the localized version in less than 3 months time.

Looking at the footage though, the game looks great, only thing is, it only looks as good as BBS. Seems like Nintendo is always a step behind graphics-wise (not that graphics really matter in any way, shape or form)

Wish the players would have shut up though, but at least they were better than the guy who played as Riku. Least they beat the boss.

Saken

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Byronic Hero said:
Great. Now I'm discouraged with the fact that we (NA) won't see this game until 2013, based on how long it took them to localize BBS. I really wish they treated KH like they do FF, and get us the localized version in less than 3 months time.

Looking at the footage though, the game looks great, only thing is, it only looks as good as BBS. Seems like Nintendo is always a step behind graphics-wise (not that graphics really matter in any way, shape or form)

Wish the players would have shut up though, but at least they were better than the guy who played as Riku. Least they beat the boss.

You are misinformed. Apparently the developers are doing a bit of the localization while they are developing it, so i would assume all that's left to do for other regions is VA and other minor things..(PAL conversion etc.)
Also, The graphics look smoother than the PSP for sure. Plus it's also still in development, the graphics might change slightly as time goes on.

Byronic Hero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saken said:
You are misinformed. Apparently the developers are doing a bit of the localization while they are developing it, so i would assume all that's left to do for other regions is VA and other minor things..(PAL conversion etc.)
Also, The graphics look smoother than the PSP for sure. Plus it's also still in development, the graphics might change slightly as time goes on.

How am I misinformed? That is the time it took to bring BBS to NA. And since it won't be coming out till March-May 2012, it took SE 9 months to localize. So that's Late 2012 to Early 2013.

Also, where are you getting your "localization during development" info from?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The flashy attacks and commands have a lot more kick visually than the ones in BBS. BBS chugged rather badly framerate wise almost constantly. KH3D has only minor lag, and it's rare. So yeah i'd say it looks and runs somewhat better.

But if you have a problem with the visuals, take it up with Square Enix not Nintendo. 3DS may not be as powerful as the Vita, but it's capable of handling better visuals than KH3D. I mean, the game looks absolutely great and better than any other KH game so far, but it's not pushing the 3DS to its limits visually. Capcom is one of the few developers that are really pushing the system presently with games like Resident Evil and Monster Hunter.

Waddy101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This gameplay looks amazing, i'm a massive KH fan as you might be able to tell and i can't wait for this.
I haven't got a 3DS yet but i may get one when either this or something else that takes my fancy comes out, in the meantime i'll play BBS.
It'll be nice to have a KH game where you actually play as the Real Sora.

1234turtles

Memer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mugiwara no Kot said:
that game can be another spin-off, who knows, but if it's like re:coded or 358/2 days, both of nintendo ds platform, it's a certainly buy. I only have one problem: I need to buy the 3DS before =/
thanks for posting xD
its not a spin off, nomura said it will be on par with a numbered title.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging