Gaming Kingdom Hearts 3D "Demo"?

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just curious to why the new kingdom hearts that is gonna come out (mar 31st) is called Kingdom Hearts 3D Demo?

Even on the game box itself, it says demo, why?? is the whole game a demo or something?

EDIT: Wait, on one of the pics it said "This is not final cover art" is that why?

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found these:

10147701.jpg

kh-3ds-dimage001.jpg

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah seriously, a pic would be nice.
Lol simultaneous posts. Where did you find these pictures? And is this for the J release or US release? o.o It would be amazing if this was out in the US so quickly.

(If it really is a demo, maybe we should call it Kingdom Hearts 4D?
wink.gif
)

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's... not normal. I have no idea what that could be.

Maybe they are the boxes for demos in game stores? The problem with that is... Demos don't get boxes.

Saken

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1. It is not coming out on the 31st March..

2. It has "Demo" on it because when it was shown at one of the conventions (SE convention or Jump Festa), it was only a demo. It wasn't playable but they put "Demo" in the title similar to the effect of "Alpha" or "Beta". The game is a full game that will be available on the 3DS probably later this year or next year in Japan. Its full name is Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance. They have dropped the "Demo" out of the title already...

Edit: Proper title art..
Kingdom_Hearts_3D.png

And a trailer just for kicks:
[youtube]8Kc4vZzhLAk[/youtube]

Edit2: I got Ninja'd while Ninja-ing

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Umm.. no.

The game's real name is Kingdom hearts Dream Drop Distance (DDD) = (3D)

This is not the ''current'' cover art. so yeah. that's why it says demo. the real art is this one:

Kingdom-Hearts-3D-Dream-Drop-Distance.jpg

That was the one used in the last years' E3. at june 2010

Edit: got Ninja'd for a sec there :/

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
That's bs.
There's no Kingdom Hearts game coming out on march 31st and the new Kingdom Hearts game is going to be called "Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance"

I don't know why bestbuy has that "boxart" but I can assure to you; it's fake.

ph34r.gif

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so, haddad, where is your source on the image and this March 31st date?

Quite plausibly, Square could release a demo (far) before the actual release date.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
jpxdude said:
What the hell is being Ninja'd? lol

/Offtopic but...

Being Ninja'd means that you were about to post/say something but some sec/min earlier someone beat you to the punch and posted something quite similar to what you were about to post. it's called ninja because the poster appears out of nowhere. like a Ninja.
ninja.gif

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that DDD won't have a demo or be launched until waaaaay later. probably Q4 2011 or Q2 2012 (Jap version at earliest)

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Alex658 said:
jpxdude said:
What the hell is being Ninja'd? lol

/Offtopic but...

Being Ninja'd means that you were about to post/say something but some sec/min earlier someone beat you to the punch and posted something quite similar to what you were about to post. it's called ninja because the poster appears out of nowhere. like a Ninja.
ninja.gif

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that DDD won't have a demo or be launched until waaaaay later. probably Q4 2011 or Q2 2012 (Jap version at earliest)
In short, someone else coincidently posts something similar to what you were going to post. Jinx'd in other words.

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
haddad said:
Just curious to why the new kingdom hearts that is gonna come out (mar 31st) is called Kingdom Hearts 3D Demo?

Even on the game box itself, it says demo, why?? is the whole game a demo or something?

EDIT: Wait, on one of the pics it said "This is not final cover art" is that why?

First, HOLY SHIT IT'S COMING OUT THE 31ST? PROOF PLEASE.

Second, It's called Dream Drop Distance.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Alex658 said:

It was in the software lineup for this year so, If nothing goes wrong, it'll come out before 2012.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Ikki said:
Alex658 said:

It was in the software lineup for this year so, If nothing goes wrong, it'll come out before 2012.

We're talking about SE here. if something's true, it's that Mr. Nomura likes to delay stuff as much as he can... >>
Remember BBS? it was first demo'd in TGS 2007/08 and released in 2010. so yeah...

And I remember that video, but I just don't see it being released this year at all. maybe a demo at most. but not the retail release. :/

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alex658 said:
Ikki said:
Alex658 said:

We're talking about SE here. if something's true, it's that Mr. Nomura likes to delay stuff as much as he can... >>
Remember BBS? it was first demo'd in TGS 2007/08 and released in 2010. so yeah...

And I remember that video, but I just don't see it being released this year at all. maybe a demo at most. but not the retail release. :/
Now now, I think BBS was released at a perfectly good time. The game had to be released after 358/2 Days and needed to be one of the last chainlinks before 3D and KH3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: oh right those